Page 37 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    You know you're totally right the Krakoan era is like classic Inhumans.

I never knew that the older series focused on the common Inhumans, but I compare the NuHumans to mutants because it's the same thrope as "OMG I have powers how do I deal?" or "OMG my powers killed my family"
    It's a shame they didn't take the "OMG I'm related to a weird alien culture" angle and developed that a lot further. They kinda tried it with Frank Mc Gee, who tries to adjust from being a regular cop into being a superpowered cop in an alien society he doesn't know well. But there were so many possibilities. Some NuHuman characters would try to fully assimilate into Attilan, some would reject it, there is a lot of fascinating things about Attilan as a concept but also inevitably some of their values would be incompatible with human norms, the Old Inhumans who were born in Attilan would have different sentiments towards NuHumans as well. NOBODY ever explored any of that. WTF are you doing Marvel

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    It's a shame they didn't take the "OMG I'm related to a weird alien culture" angle and developed that a lot further. They kinda tried it with Frank Mc Gee, who tries to adjust from being a regular cop into being a superpowered cop in an alien society he doesn't know well. But there were so many possibilities. Some NuHuman characters would try to fully assimilate into Attilan, some would reject it, there is a lot of fascinating things about Attilan as a concept but also inevitably some of their values would be incompatible with human norms, the Old Inhumans who were born in Attilan would have different sentiments towards NuHumans as well. NOBODY ever explored any of that. WTF are you doing Marvel
    Now this is a story that I would love to read.

It was such an easy story to make, Nuhumans offer the perfect POV for a first time reader to be introduced to attilan/inhumans.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    I feel that will be your sequel.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    It was such an easy story to make, Nuhumans offer the perfect POV for a first time reader to be introduced to attilan/inhumans.
    It was like telling someone that was adopted that their background is this culture, and they could reject it or accept it and try to see what it is. Utollan was interesting too because it showed us another direction the inhumans concept could've gone. It was like a rabbit hole into the world of the inhuman species.

They could've even had a non-Attilan inhuman visit the universal inhumans and work with them to advance themselves even more. I really wanted to see how the other types of Terrigenisis worked for them.

Finally finished Soule's run all the way up to XvI

I thought it was pretty good X-Men vs Inhumans had a lot of weird characterization did something happen to Emma before Death of X for her to go crazy like that?

And where were the Avengers when New York was being attacked?

But storywise I thought it was an interesting take on the Inhumans.

I also finished The Royals and I didn't like it at all

Ewing was really up his own butt on this one it felt like he was trying really hard to channel Morrison especially with the whole Metaphor killing Medusa stuff.

So now I am gonna read Black Bolt in prison and then on to the Death of the Inhumans.

Also did they ever explain how Gorgon got away from the Progenitors and returned home?
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 06-30-2022 at 01:45 AM.

Finally finished Soule's run all the way up to XvI

I thought it was pretty good X-Men vs Inhumans had a lot of weird characterization did something happen to Emma before Death of X for her to go crazy like that?

And where were the Avengers when New York was being attacked?

But storywise I thought it was an interesting take on the Inhumans.

Ewing was really up his own butt on this one it felt like he was trying really hard to channel Morrison especially with the whole Metaphor killing Medusa stuff.

So now I am gonna read Black Bolt in prison and then on to the Death of the Inhumans.

Also did they ever explain how Gorgon got away from the Progenitors and returned home?
    They never explain Gorgon. Ewing really likes the metaphor stuff, it was all over Ultimates.

Galaxies Wanderer

The best from Royals was that he tried to bring Terrigenesis back...
    and Maximus' fans had some more character screen haha

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    They never explain Gorgon. Ewing really likes the metaphor stuff, it was all over Ultimates.
    Okay thanks, yeah he over did it because it just didn't make sense especially if you read it right after Soule's run.

Also Gorgon and Medusa!?

Quote Originally Posted by Chocomancer View Post
    The best from Royals was that he tried to bring Terrigenesis back...
    and Maximus' fans had some more character screen haha
    Yeah I didn't really understand it, was that suppose to be similar to how mutants get a secondary mutation?

Astonishing Member

Okay thanks, yeah he over did it because it just didn't make sense especially if you read it right after Soule's run.

Also Gorgon and Medusa!?

Yeah I didn't really understand it, was that suppose to be similar to how mutants get a secondary mutation?
    Ya I liked Royals but that was just something no one expected and/or wanted. The Lockjaw mini had Black Bolt and Medusa back together again.

Also did you count Judgement day as part if Royals or still need to read?

Not so much secondary mutation, more like Cosmic Power ups. Secondary powers are rare (Inferno is the only one I can think of really), more of most Inhumans are so well versed in their powers that what could be seen as a secondary is more of just a branch.

Ahura for example has been shown using a lot, but they all seem to be tied with a type of energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Ya I liked Royals but that was just something no one expected and/or wanted. The Lockjaw mini had Black Bolt and Medusa back together again.

Also did you count Judgement day as part if Royals or still need to read?

Not so much secondary mutation, more like Cosmic Power ups. Secondary powers are rare (Inferno is the only one I can think of really), more of most Inhumans are so well versed in their powers that what could be seen as a secondary is more of just a branch.

Ahura for example has been shown using a lot, but they all seem to be tied with a type of energy.
    I read Judgement Day overall it was okay.

I wonder if the Inhumans will ever come back after given such a huge push

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

They introduced secondary Terrigensis in Silent War since humans began using it to boost themselves. Mutants could survive, unlike humans, but they charged their powers too much harming themselves. It's kinda like if Magneto were so super charged that he would die from all the metal around him slamming him.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    They introduced secondary Terrigensis in Silent War since humans began using it to boost themselves. Mutants could survive, unlike humans, but they charged their powers too much harming themselves. It's kinda like if Magneto were so super charged that he would die from all the metal around him slamming him.
    okay cool, I think I'm gonna take a break from the Inhumans, but later I wanna read the War of Kings stuff and see where the "classic" Inhumans were before the terrigen bomb

Astonishing Member

I read Judgement Day overall it was okay.

I wonder if the Inhumans will ever come back after given such a huge push
    Ok wasn't sure if you read it since you mentioned finishing Royals, the going Black Bolt, then DotI meaning missing the conclusion.

I really hope they do Steve Orlando has mentioned on twitter wanting to do them, and I have seen some people ask other writers on twitter and other sites.

Karnak was in the newest She-Hulk and both Lockjaw + Black Bolt were mentioned.

yes I remember that Quicksilver used Terrigensis to reactivate his lost powers (and of course... he was never a mutant, really, or as I believe "an artificial mutant". High Evolutionary created artificially (Sinister's help?) his own sort of X-gene, which fooled some for a while)

But were other actual mutants given Terrigensis? What happened?
    How come the cloud killed or diseased mutants, was that related, or explained?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all