Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    yes I remember that Quicksilver used Terrigensis to reactivate his lost powers (and of course... he was never a mutant, really, or as I believe "an artificial mutant". High Evolutionary created artificially (Sinister's help?) his own sort of X-gene, which fooled some for a while)

But were other actual mutants given Terrigensis? What happened?
    How come the cloud killed or diseased mutants, was that related, or explained?
    He gave it too a whole group of mutants in son of M. Some of them died because they couldn't control their charged up powers but I'm pretty sure some of them survived

Astonishing Member

yes I remember that Quicksilver used Terrigensis to reactivate his lost powers (and of course... he was never a mutant, really, or as I believe "an artificial mutant". High Evolutionary created artificially (Sinister's help?) his own sort of X-gene, which fooled some for a while)

If I recall it was because of something in the air changed it. The Unspoken an Inhuman whose power is pretty much changing what his Terrigensis is when exposed said the clooud was altered and couldn't work on him.

I think it was the mist that gave him a massive power upgrade too. He was always quick but could never run at the speeds he does now.

Quicksilver had a number of speed power upgrades attributed to his then-mutant powers.

Later, Pietro used the High Evolutionary's "Isotope E" which really souped up his speed to Mach 10 (7700 mph).

Yet later, the Terrigenisis reactivated his powers.

Not sure just how fast Pietro is today.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Quicksilver had a number of speed power upgrades attributed to his then-mutant powers.

Later, Pietro used the High Evolutionary's "Isotope E" which really souped up his speed to Mach 10 (7700 mph).

Yet later, the Terrigenisis reactivated his powers.

Not sure just how fast Pietro is today.
    Well he was moving around in his mini at speeds of a world without colour. Colour being made/seen thanks to light from the sun which means faster then that.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Well he was moving around in his mini at speeds of a world without colour. Colour being made/seen thanks to light from the sun which means faster then that.
    OK, thanks. I was just relating the info I knew and what was stated in some books over the years.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

He was still a mutant at that point. A depowered one, but he was a mutant. They retconned Terrigen for the event, or rather, added a made it out to have changed because it came into contact with Earth's atmosphere. Everything everyone else said pretty much explains what happened to the mutants before. Humans should've died technically during Inhumanity, not mutants. The mutants made contact with Terrigen during that event, but it wasn't until much later that they made it toxic to them.

The "normal" Terrigen Mists have the following effects:

-They empower Inhumans.
    -They empower AND kill non-Inhumans.

The Terrigen Mists empower everybody, but the powers they grant go out of control and kill you. Only Inhumans are bio-engineered to survive them.

The Terrigen Cloud is NOT the same as the Terrigen Mists. It is a variant created by Maximus:

-The Terrigen Cloud empowers inhumans and people of inhuman ancestry.
    -The Terrigen Cloud isn't supposed to have any effect on non-Inhumans.

But something went wrong, and the Terrigen Cloud became lethal to mutants...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post

-They empower Inhumans.

The Terrigen Mists empower everybody, but the powers they grant go out of control and kill you. Only Inhumans are bio-engineered to survive them.

The Terrigen Cloud is NOT the same as the Terrigen Mists. It is a variant created by Maximus:

I never really thought about that, how Inhumans, and strong enough Nuhuman descendants are the only ones who can use Terrigen. People usually talk about the Inhumans being about Royal family, usually not counting the regular citizen of an Inhuman Kingdom. But that is just the Inhumans stories, in the grand whole Marvel universe they are a group who are destined by blood to achieve great power, like that of Caliburn to King Arthur. However in this case it is more then just one man or a few family members, as the Inhumans as a whole are an army of Kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post

-They empower Inhumans.

It depends on the writer. The Terrigen Mists didn't technically kill mutants when they were directly exposed to it because they already had powers. It only killed humans after granting them powers. This was during Son of M and Silent War.

The T-Bomb Terrigen was retconned. I even think Medusa mentioned how it didn't cause mutants any problems. In Earth X, it made everyone an inhuman.

All far too confusing possibly contradictory to me.
    There's just a lot of moving parts, and when characters are retconned or things long held canon, are 'not true', 'no longer true', it seems confusing.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

okay so I finally read the Marvel Knights Inhumans mini and it was dope as hell.

I was kinda confused about Attilan being on Atlantis above the water, but other than that this is what I was expecting from the Inhumans.

Does anyone have any incite where were the Inhumans prior to this run and what should I read next that takes place right after this

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    okay so I finally read the Marvel Knights Inhumans mini and it was dope as hell.

I was kinda confused about Attilan being on Atlantis above the water, but other than that this is what I was expecting from the Inhumans.

Does anyone have any incite where were the Inhumans prior to this run and what should I read next that takes place right after this
    You should read Fantastic Four: Atlantis Rising, fantastic four unlimited 2, By Right of Birth, and Inhumans from Pacheco/Ladronn.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    You should read Fantastic Four: Atlantis Rising, fantastic four unlimited 2, By Right of Birth, and Inhumans from Pacheco/Ladronn.
    Awesome thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Awesome thanks!
    Right birth is first, then unlimited. Atlantis rising covers why Atlantis is on the surface and why the Inhumans moved there, but it is a kinda rush recap of stuff that happened in the fantastic four and Namor books at the time.