Page 36 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Saw a rumor on Twitter the Universal Inhumans will be in the Marvels.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

This about the "In-Kymellians", "In-Badoons", "In-Centaurians" and "In-Dire Wraiths" right? Because the "Dire Wraith" name and likenesses are now with Hasbro along with ROM so they's have to be different from the comics, which from experience is often the case.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Saw a rumor on Twitter the Universal Inhumans will be in the Marvels.
    I doubt it, the MCU hasn't introduced many alien races outside of the Kree or Skrulls

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

So, I just started reading Soule's Inhuman run.

I am up to Attilan Rising, so far his run is interesting...

It reads a little immature, like it's supposed to get younger readers which to me is weird because I always picture the Inhumans a bit more mature.

Like Lineage was such a weird choice because of course the devil looking guy is evillll and what was his plan in New Jersey just to have humans kill one another?

And it sucks that Black Bolt was barely in it (I know Hickman was using him quite a lot)

I will read it until the end but what are your thoughts on this run, I know Inhuman fans don't have too much to choose from
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 06-27-2022 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    So, I just started reading Soule's Inhuman run.

I am up to Attilan Rising, so far his run is interesting...

It reads a little immature, like it's supposed to get younger readers which to me is weird because I always picture the Inhumans a bit more mature.

Like Lineage was such a weird choice because of course the devil looking guy is evillll and what was his plan in New Jersey just to have humans kill one another?

And it sucks that Black Bolt was barely in it (I know Hickman was using him quite a lot)

I will read it until the end but what are your thoughts on this run, I know Inhuman fans don't have too much to choose from
    I liked the Reader plot, and Black Bolt stuff. While I do like the nuhumans, the run doesn't really feel like other Inhuman books. Going off his speech it seemed like Lineage was setting up for the new Inhumans to overthrow the old ones and then take down humanity. As for Black Bolt, minor spoiler spoilers:
    Hickman leaving doesn't make him anymore prominent
    end of spoilers It's an odd choice that the main Inhuman book barely had half the royal family. Black Bolt, Crystal, Karnak, Maximus, Triton, even Lockjaw only show up a few times. As for the mature tone that is definitely more of a 00s era Inhumans thing. They were written like because of the success of the Marvel Knights book.

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    I liked the Reader plot, and Black Bolt stuff. While I do like the nuhumans, the run doesn't really feel like other Inhuman books. Going off his speech it seemed like Lineage was setting up for the new Inhumans to overthrow the old ones and then take down humanity. As for Black Bolt, minor spoiler spoilers:
    Hickman leaving doesn't make him anymore prominent
    end of spoilers It's an odd choice that the main Inhuman book barely had half the royal family. Black Bolt, Crystal, Karnak, Maximus, Triton, even Lockjaw only show up a few times. As for the mature tone that is definitely more of a 00s era Inhumans thing. They were written like because of the success of the Marvel Knights book.
    Yeah I was wondering where Crystal was, I know Karnak was "dead"

I didn't know that Marvel Knights is what gave the Inhumans a mature tone, because I only know the Inhumans through Hickman's writing (FF & New Avengers) so them being this goofy was an interesting take
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 06-27-2022 at 11:43 PM.

She and Gorgon were in a separate book, All-New Inhumans.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    She and Gorgon were in a separate book, All-New Inhumans.
    Don't think they are into the ANAD era yet, since rising was a secret wars book.

Astonishing Member

I didn't know that Marvel Knights is what gave the Inhumans a mature tone, because I only know the Inhumans through Hickman's writing (FF & New Avengers) so them being this goofy was an interesting take
    I think part of the goofy take is the Nuhumans being not from Attilan. Think of it someone going to another country the first time that their grandparent is from culture shock (or whatever) most likley. When you read characters like Vinatos he comes off like the older Inhumans cause he was a native, this is how they acted.

But ya thinking back I just realized how high ranking and important they were making the Nuhumans, would have been cool to see some of the Young Inhumans book characters interacting with them.

Don't think they are into the ANAD era yet, since rising was a secret wars book.
    Yeah I think they entered the scene after Secret Wars because Gorgon was paralyzed in All New Inhumans but it was never explained where she was

I think part of the goofy take is the Nuhumans being not from Attilan. Think of it someone going to another country the first time that their grandparent is from culture shock (or whatever) most likley. When you read characters like Vinatos he comes off like the older Inhumans cause he was a native, this is how they acted.
    But ya thinking back I just realized how high ranking and important they were making the Nuhumans, would have been cool to see some of the Young Inhumans book characters interacting with them.
    Yeah it felt like they were pushing hard to make them into the X-Men especially because they even had a Danger Room and Gorgon in a wheelchair.

Yeah I think they entered the scene after Secret Wars because Gorgon was paralyzed in All New Inhumans but it was never explained where she was

Yeah it felt like they were pushing hard to make them into the X-Men especially because they even had a Danger Room and Gorgon in a wheelchair.
    It definitely picked up way too many parallels. Even if M-pox wasn't happening the comics and the Ike/feige war wasn't happening in the movies it would have still felt off. I did like Frank's fish out of water bit with Auran. I wish got more of them together. They needed more interactions between nuhumans and non royal inhumans. Inhumans getting used to being closer to humans than ever. Nuhumans having to live with more than just powers but also a new city, people, and culture.

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    It definitely picked up way too many parallels. Even if M-pox wasn't happening the comics and the Ike/feige war wasn't happening in the movies it would have still felt off. I did like Frank's fish out of water bit with Auran. I wish got more of them together. They needed more interactions between nuhumans and non royal inhumans. Inhumans getting used to being closer to humans than ever. Nuhumans having to live with more than just powers but also a new city, people, and culture.
    yeah 100%

I guess for me I enjoy the Royal Inhumans much more than the plebes simply because that is what makes them unique, because the NuHumans are just people with powers and we already have that i.e. Mutants.

I also wish we had more Kree stuff in the books it was too focused on Earth and in All New Inhumans we barely focused on the other Inhuman tribes.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

yeah 100%

I guess for me I enjoy the Royal Inhumans much more than the plebes simply because that is what makes them unique, because the NuHumans are just people with powers and we already have that i.e. Mutants.

I also wish we had more Kree stuff in the books it was too focused on Earth and in All New Inhumans we barely focused on the other Inhuman tribes.
    I don't think they got into mutant territory too much because the inhumans have always been a race that with many characters and had trainings because they would be training young inhumans for battle.

If you read Earth X and Inhumans vol 3, and their solo series from the 70's, you realize that the inhumans have had "plebes." What made them unique was their Terrigenisis.

Reading X-Men now reinforces how similar the mutants and inhumans are and what makes them different. The mutants copied Attilan, copied a council, copied going to the moon, copied having a substance (Krakoan Plants) like Terrigen, copied a rebirth type ceremony. It goes to show that these things are obvious. Plus, they did global Terrigenisis in the 90's in Earth X, a plan they tried a couple of times in the comics.

This time they just did it. And once they did achieve it, the normal thing to do was to go look and help inhumans and train them. In Earth X, the lack of doing this and having a better plan is what caused a lot of the chaos.

I'm 100% sure we would've gotten more Free stuff because they already began to touch on it in The Royals with Ronan, and the writers knew that were their main antagonists since they're like their Celestials, but with evil plans.

Some of the best inhumans stuff we got was from this era since it began to add more nuances to how inhumans went about dealing with their problems and it showed us that there were more inhumans hiding and that Attilan wasn't the only city. The only problem was that they cancelled the books and like with many events, stops their story to focus on an irrelevant story. They wouldn't have had so many loose ends if they kept writing stories.

In any case, they still kept their uniqueness of being inhumans because of all their stories at this time and not despite these stories. Remember, War of Kings was off-brand and a bad representation of what they were for the majority of their comics, which was hiding to avoid conflict and not instigate conflict with others.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I don't think they got into mutant territory too much because the inhumans have always been a race that with many characters and had trainings because they would be training young inhumans for battle.

If you read Earth X and Inhumans vol 3, and their solo series from the 70's, you realize that the inhumans have had "plebes." What made them unique was their Terrigenisis.

Reading X-Men now reinforces how similar the mutants and inhumans are and what makes them different. The mutants copied Attilan, copied a council, copied going to the moon, copied having a substance (Krakoan Plants) like Terrigen, copied a rebirth type ceremony. It goes to show that these things are obvious. Plus, they did global Terrigenisis in the 90's in Earth X, a plan they tried a couple of times in the comics.

This time they just did it. And once they did achieve it, the normal thing to do was to go look and help inhumans and train them. In Earth X, the lack of doing this and having a better plan is what caused a lot of the chaos.

I'm 100% sure we would've gotten more Free stuff because they already began to touch on it in The Royals with Ronan, and the writers knew that were their main antagonists since they're like their Celestials, but with evil plans.

Some of the best inhumans stuff we got was from this era since it began to add more nuances to how inhumans went about dealing with their problems and it showed us that there were more inhumans hiding and that Attilan wasn't the only city. The only problem was that they cancelled the books and like with many events, stops their story to focus on an irrelevant story. They wouldn't have had so many loose ends if they kept writing stories.

In any case, they still kept their uniqueness of being inhumans because of all their stories at this time and not despite these stories. Remember, War of Kings was off-brand and a bad representation of what they were for the majority of their comics, which was hiding to avoid conflict and not instigate conflict with others.
    You know you're totally right the Krakoan era is like classic Inhumans.

I never knew that the older series focused on the common Inhumans, but I compare the NuHumans to mutants because it's the same thrope as "OMG I have powers how do I deal?" or "OMG my powers killed my family"

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

You know you're totally right the Krakoan era is like classic Inhumans.

I never knew that the older series focused on the common Inhumans, but I compare the NuHumans to mutants because it's the same thrope as "OMG I have powers how do I deal?" or "OMG my powers killed my family"
    One difference is that, as we saw in Inhumanity, whole families changed into inhumans as opposed to one being the odd one out like with new mutants, and it was even like an underground community of pre-Terrigensis inhumans.

They're like a rubber ball because they changed them around so much from one story to the next that we could choose what era we liked. They didn't have to stay stagnant, though once they got more mainstream appeal, people wanted to put them into a box like other characters.