Page 35 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Hello,

I rather think some Inhumans are more powerful than some mutants.
    Crystal must certainly be stronger overall, possibly specifically, than Storm.
    Certain other Inhumans are this high powered too and obviously.
    It's like they have their own system of Omega, Alpha etc.
    Has anyone ever 'graded' Inhumans in such a way?

Yes your average Inhuman is stronger then your average Mutant even before Terrigenesis. Without going through an Inhuman's natural physical attributes are better then your average human as they were meant to be a slave-soldier group for the Kree. They also have longer lifespans with the average age being 150 years. Though I think these advancements only belong to Inhumans who has enough of a blood connection to a full Inhuman, meaning the Nuhumans lost this over time with human dna. Based on powers yes some are better though with limited use not as many feats.

No real ranking system like that the closest would be the (old?) Caste system from Attilan and the groups put into it. Say the Warrior Caste with the Royal Guard, and the Security force. Not a lot of info is given to much into these but since the Royal Guard was used in offensive attacks plus protecting the Royals so I can bet after deciding where someone's power would be used best they are tested and put into where they are powers wise. All of this is a guess but I feel it would make sense.

Thanks for your summation.
    I'm a very old long time reader - started at 11 or 12 in the '60s. The Inhumans have always been amongst my favorite characters.
    Hated their recent interactions with mutants. They clearly are superior in most ways, and as their own cultures etc.
    So Marvel/X-Men treated them shabbily.
    Over the many retcons of their story (Crystal goes from being weakened by pollution, to being able to control or cleanse it, is that right?) I've lost track of what how when.

I appreciate you all filling in the blanks.
    Are there any stories/canon of a fulled developed Inhuman being further exposed to either Terrigens or other agents

resulting in even more expansion of powers or abilities?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Thanks for your summation.
    I'm a very old long time reader - started at 11 or 12 in the '60s. The Inhumans have always been amongst my favorite characters.
    Hated their recent interactions with mutants. They clearly are superior in most ways, and as their own cultures etc.
    So Marvel/X-Men treated them shabbily.
    Over the many retcons of their story (Crystal goes from being weakened by pollution, to being able to control or cleanse it, is that right?) I've lost track of what how when.

I appreciate you all filling in the blanks.
    Are there any stories/canon of a fulled developed Inhuman being further exposed to either Terrigens or other agents

resulting in even more expansion of powers or abilities?
    Crystal cleansed the pollutants from the air in the graphic novel By Right of Birth, and I believe she created oxygen in the Royals book when they were escaping from a planet.

In Silent War, Gorgon went through secondary Terrigenisis and his features evolved further. I don't know if they did it with another inhuman since when it happened to Gorgon someone did it to him against his will. In Earth X, the inhumans were exposed to more Terrigen or something like that, so they were even more "inhuman."

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Crystal cleansed the pollutants from the air in the graphic novel By Right of Birth, and I believe she created oxygen in the Royals book when they were escaping from a planet.
    I just remembered an impressive feat that Crystal pulled off in Secret Invasion: Inhumans so I re-read it. When the Royal Family went into Kree space to bargain with Ronan for help in finding Black Bolt, Crystal pulled all the air of their ship around them into a bubble as they space walked to meet Ronan. That takes a lot to keep the air bubble from exploding into the cold vacuum of space!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I just remembered an impressive feat that Crystal pulled off in Secret Invasion: Inhumans so I re-read it. When the Royal Family went into Kree space to bargain with Ronan for help in finding Black Bolt, Crystal pulled all the air of their ship around them into a bubble as they space walked to meet Ronan. That takes a lot to keep the air bubble from exploding into the cold vacuum of space!
    Did Crystal do something there with the air molecules? Like straining the air molecules from the entire vacuum tor multiplying them? I may be getting that mixed up with something else, lol.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

That's incredible. I imagine Sue does the same thing with a field, but wow.

All her powers nearly match the 4.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Did Crystal do something there with the air molecules? Like straining the air molecules from the entire vacuum tor multiplying them? I may be getting that mixed up with something else, lol.
    I imagine when they opened the airlock she already kept the air in the bubble so it wouldn't rush out. The sudden and almost instantaneous decompression is no joke, yet you don't see her straining at all. Also once in space they didn't have any air recycling, she was doing that too!
    That's incredible. I imagine Sue does the same thing with a field, but wow.
    She had to keep the outermost air molecules cohesive and tightly packed to form a barrier as they tried to dissipate into space.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I imagine when they opened the airlock she already kept the air in the bubble so it wouldn't rush out. The sudden and almost instantaneous decompression is no joke, yet you don't see her straining at all. Also once in space they didn't have any air recycling, she was doing that too!

She had to keep the outermost air molecules cohesive and tightly packed to form a barrier as they tried to dissipate into space.
    Ah, okay. Thanks. I may have been confusing (teen) Jean Grey who also did a similar feat.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Rare Karnak cameo in She-hulk next week

Galaxies Wanderer

Oh? lol I wonder the context...
    It seems like each character is from a different group, maybe it's to spread a message of something?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chocomancer View Post
    Oh? lol I wonder the context...
    It seems like each character is from a different group, maybe it's to spread a message of something?
    He needs a lawyer to handle the list of things he did in Secret Warriors.

It's been revealed that Black Bolt's suit was entirely CGI. It seemed like it in the flashback but the scene them in chairs look quite realistic. Reed's was CGI too, most likely it's because hey were both last minute additions and it would be cheaper.
    https://thedirect.com/article/doctor...ck-bolt-photos
    Also looking through on twitter it seems a lot of people like BB's look even if they have never herd of him.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    It's been revealed that Black Bolt's suit was entirely CGI. It seemed like it in the flashback but the scene them in chairs look quite realistic. Reed's was CGI too, most likely it's because hey were both last minute additions and it would be cheaper.
    https://thedirect.com/article/doctor...ck-bolt-photos
    Also looking through on twitter it seems a lot of people like BB's look even if they have never herd of him.
    The last line was kinda condescending. He wanted Black Bolt in the movie. He wouldn't have had him if he hated him. Do people realize that these characters have been in comics for over half a century? Anyway, the costume looked great and Black Bolt's scene was one of the best in the MCU. I loved Ant-Man's scene in Civil War and the Scarlet Witch's in Endgame. These characters need these types of scenes to leave an impression on the public. Some people are angry that people who didn't know Black Bolt before love his appearance in MOM and that there are so many memes about him, which I think is better than nothing.

The people who assume that enough people watched inhumans to know who Black Bolt is to hate him are trying to have their cake and eat it too. It was the least watch show, so they don't even have a reference for the inhumans aside from that promo pic with their hideous costumes. It's still not enough for people to have a reference of them to hate them outside of the toxic fandom that hate them because they pushed the narrative of "the replacement."

Marvel highlights the Top 10 Most Impactful Neal Adam pages, and two of them feature Inhumans.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...tist-spotlight

I wish Marvel would make a trade/omnibus with all of these good old Inhuman stories with the great artwork and powers usages!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I wish Marvel would make a trade/omnibus with all of these good old Inhuman stories with the great artwork and powers usages!
    Early Inhumans stories are collected in 2 TPBs, unfortunately that doesn't include their first solo title...