Page 53 of 58 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    It's a stupid question to ask in the appreciation thread. What are we appreciating with this question? Ask it in another thread.
    Lol how is it irrelevant. The reason the Inhumans got a big push was specifically because the rights to the X-Men were not at Marvel Studios, so they prioritized characters and groups that they did own. Its why Kamala Khan became an Inhuman instead of a mutant like originally planned, and it's not a coincidence that shortly after the rights came back to Marvel the Inhumans push very abruptly ended.

So yes, if the merger didn't happen odds are the Inhumans would still be getting a bigger spotlight than they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Lol how is it irrelevant. The reason the Inhumans got a big push was specifically because the rights to the X-Men were not at Marvel Studios, so they prioritized characters and groups that they did own. Its why Kamala Khan became an Inhuman instead of a mutant like originally planned, and it's not a coincidence that shortly after the rights came back to Marvel the Inhumans push very abruptly ended.

So yes, if the merger didn't happen odds are the Inhumans would still be getting a bigger spotlight than they are now.
    I mean considering right after the Fox deal happened "Death" of the Inhumans came up in 2018 seeing a decrease of Inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    If Fox never got bought would Inhumans be pushed even more?
    I think so. The TV show, as mentioned, really hurt things, but I think they would've at least still tried to find ways to incorporate Inhumans into stuff rather than just pretending they don't exist. Like, the Eternals movie has also been regarded as a misfire, but it hasn't seemed to completely put Marvel off those characters.

If Fox never got bought would Inhumans be pushed even more?
    Feige would have still gotten Marvel TV. It really depends on if he would have used them. The comic side probably would have been more subdued like the Eternals push has been.

If we get into counterfactual history, here's another scenario to explore: I have once seen a magazine released right after "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer", when the audience reaction was still to be seen, and Fox was considering other FF characters for the sequel: Namor, Black Panther... and the Inhumans. Alas, the film did not do well, so instead of a sequel we got a reboot, again with Dr. Doom.

First, does that sound interesting? Would you have liked to see a Fantastic Four / Inhumans film? Note that we are not talking about the Fantastic Four in general, but the 2005 film ones (Ioan Gruffudd, Jessica Alba, Chris Evans, Michael Chiklis)

And what would have happened if Fox actually made that film, and secured the rights to BOTH the X-Men and Inhumans? Would that lead to a cinematic Inhumans vs. X-Men? And who would Marvel try to push then?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    If we get into counterfactual history, here's another scenario to explore: I have once seen a magazine released right after "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer", when the audience reaction was still to be seen, and Fox was considering other FF characters for the sequel: Namor, Black Panther... and the Inhumans. Alas, the film did not do well, so instead of a sequel we got a reboot, again with Dr. Doom.

First, does that sound interesting? Would you have liked to see a Fantastic Four / Inhumans film? Note that we are not talking about the Fantastic Four in general, but the 2005 film ones (Ioan Gruffudd, Jessica Alba, Chris Evans, Michael Chiklis)

And what would have happened if Fox actually made that film, and secured the rights to BOTH the X-Men and Inhumans? Would that lead to a cinematic Inhumans vs. X-Men? And who would Marvel try to push then?
    It could have worked and been an interesting film. Fox wanted to crossover X Men and Fan4stic in a film until well Fan4stic happened.

Ultimate Member

I mean considering right after the Fox deal happened "Death" of the Inhumans came up in 2018 seeing a decrease of Inhumans.
    Depends on when that book was greenlighted. Some projects get the nod but something happens to hold off on them actually happening.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    It's a stupid question to ask in the appreciation thread. What are we appreciating with this question? Ask it in another thread.
    No it's a legit question.

I would suspect it played a factor but I think the show and Fiege getting more power played a bigger factor in it.

Yes you had the rights to X-Men but there was no way to introduce them any time soon.

Meanwhile you had Agents of Shield showing the Inhumans. So if that show was ever made canon in the Marvel movie Universe (if it is already)-brining them in would have been an easier task than the mutants.

First I am a very longtime and older FF fan, so those two movies from 2005 or so were at last fulfilling some parts of that dream. The first one at least seemed to do well maybe not so much the other(don't remember)

I always thought that Doom getting blasted into the ocean at the end was cool and possibly setting up a Namor for that Foxverse, which would have beat out Aquaman, but so it goes.

The 3rd movie could focus on the FF expanding their universe, some version of the original Inhumans story with Wizard's FF leading to their discovery and setting up Johnny/Crystal, maybe some tinkering with the Negative Zone concept.
    But Doom ending up with Namor could be a sub arc and then reveal at the end. Cliffhanger for the following movie where

combining forces of Inhumans and FF they fight Namor and Doom, maybe the rest of Frightful Four.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Well the books have never actually shied away from calling her Inhuman. It is in pretty much always makes it on the info blurb above the writer credits. Have Rogue and Jean really never seen or herd of Kamala? No mention from Scott? Didn't the Marauders pick up the champions at one point.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    Well the books have never actually shied away from calling her Inhuman. It is in pretty much always makes it on the info blurb above the writer credits. Have Rogue and Jean really never seen or herd of Kamala? No mention from Scott? Didn't the Marauders pick up the champions at one point.
    Rogue did meet her in that ANAD Avenger event, Pleasent Hill I think it was called. Maybe Jean heard of her but never saw her out of outfit. Scott would know she likes to keep a secret identity so wouldn't tell them that.

Remember that was a preview of a couple of pages, not the full comic. There's plenty of room for Cyclops to show up later (especially if we consider that he has a personal link to Kamala, and the other X-Men don't). After all, he's on the cover, too.

Also, "All we know is that Jody Houser and Ze Carlos have Kamala almost causing an international incident and setting off another round of Inhumans vs X-Men, just as the Eternals as trying to do the same thing." Just the overly-dramatic clickbait nonsense of those pages. Kamala's cries that she's not starting an international incident is just a "I didn't do it" moment. For me it sounds it will be a low-stakes adventure, not a crisis-level one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Remember that was a preview of a couple of pages, not the full comic. There's plenty of room for Cyclops to show up later (especially if we consider that he has a personal link to Kamala, and the other X-Men don't). After all, he's on the cover, too.
    He's in it, I was just forgot her identity is secret. Seemed like every other hero she hangs out with knows her true identity, carol, tony, Strange, The Inhumans. I have no idea who knows and doesn't know at this point. Though Jean probably should have known the moment she looked in her head.
    Last edited by mung; 08-05-2022 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    He's in it, I was just forgot her identity is secret. Seemed like every other hero she hangs out with knows her true identity, carol, tony, Strange, The Inhumans. I have no idea who knows and doesn't know at this point. Though Jean probably should have known the moment she looked in her head.
    Errr Jean doesn't go that deep without proper consent
    GrindrStone(D)