Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I cannot imagine living a life in a way that I am victimized by the lack of support for my favorite, 2 dimensional, high hatted, slaver superhuman hero group. The Inhuman hate has nothing to do with made up or imagined biases and everything to do with their lack of character. If there is proof of anti diversity hate targeted at the Inhumans...by people who favor mutants, I am both confused and uninterested in seeing it.

The Inhumans and Xmen are competing for the same niche, and the Xmen, by virtue of not being slavers with a crap 2d royal family who soak all the attention, do it better. If you find yourself having to constantly defend a maligned superhero group, maybe find a better superhero group?

This has nothing to do with X twitter, and everything to do with first exposure from the Kirby era of Inhuman development. I don't particularly care for the X books either.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkshadow View Post
    I cannot imagine living a life in a way that I am victimized by the lack of support for my favorite, 2 dimensional, high hatted, slaver superhuman hero group. The Inhuman hate has nothing to do with made up or imagined biases and everything to do with their lack of character. If there is proof of anti diversity hate targeted at the Inhumans...by people who favor mutants, I am both confused and uninterested in seeing it.

The Inhumans and Xmen are competing for the same niche, and the Xmen, by virtue of not being slavers with a crap 2d royal family who soak all the attention, do it better. If you find yourself having to constantly defend a maligned superhero group, maybe find a better superhero group?

This has nothing to do with X twitter, and everything to do with first exposure from the Kirby era of Inhuman development. I don't particularly care for the X books either.

As someone living in a country with an actual religious fundamentalist regime, why would you want to read about a group of supes that have a religious police and still consider them good guys? Why are you so passionate about hating a group of fictional characters? You literally walked into an Inhumans appreciation thread by your own choice just to stir up conflict. Maybe the fact that people *are* defending them is proof enough that there is value in the IP?

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    Kamala has a rather iconic partnership with Lockjaw in the comics, to the extent that it carried over to the animated show Marvel Rising. If we pretend for a moment that the "mutant retcon" is genuine, do you guys think Marvel would continue using her & Lockjaw together in spite of it? How would you feel about such a decision?
    Kamala and Lockjaw haven't appeared together since before IVX I think? So no, they won't be seen together again.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

This is a good example of how X-Twitter is now and how their messaging spread from a stupid rumor to something people see as the absolute truth. It's a sociological study of how one message can manifest into a movement against one thing, in this instance a species of comic characters, but in the real world, probably a minority group.

The hate against inhumans are people who don't understand that reading a story about people is different from promoting their actions like something from the real world, and just a lack of comprehension from these clowns.

This intro from the Inhumans vol. 2 Marvel Masterworks is interested to read when this type of toxic shit comes at inhumans again, because this isn't the first time they've trended because this mob wants to hate on something for fun or whatever it is they get from it.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I cannot imagine living a life in a way that I am victimized by the lack of support for my favorite, 2 dimensional, high hatted, slaver superhuman hero group. The Inhuman hate has nothing to do with made up or imagined biases and everything to do with their lack of character.
    Serious question, how many Inhuman stories have you read since their Silver Age Lee and Kirby inception for you to conclude that they are as I emphasized above?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Kamala and Lockjaw haven't appeared together since before IVX I think? So no, they won't be seen together again.
    No they have been seen though not as much. I know in a Lockdown arc, I think it was Wilson's second last arc with her. Since then we only had Ahmed writing main book for her, just minis.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kanos View Post
    Xavier's neck was twisted and Reed was turned into spaghetti, but the MCU will have mutants and the Fantastic Four.
    And both of them are probably going to be different actors when they next appear

How did you even get here dude? If you don't like the Inhumans I can only imagine you came by to see how the fanbase is taking the recent news. Lurking a thread just to insult the characters we like and us for liking those characters seems like just trolling.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    And both of them are probably going to be different actors when they next appear
    Maybe but the point being made is people going on Black Bolt dying was them killing Inhumans, when those 2 died and we know we are getting those as well.

It's like arguing with a record.

Inhumans bad because monarchy but not Black Panther

Feige hate Inhumans because Black Bolt head went kaboom but not hate Xavier, Reed, Maria and Carter

Kamala bad because Inhuman but good because mutant but origin not matter

Inhumans bad because slavery but the "slaves" were artificially bred drones and Inhumans themselves were slaves of the Kree

on

and on

and on

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    It's like arguing with a record.

Inhumans bad because monarchy but not Black Panther

Feige hate Inhumans because Black Bolt head went kaboom but not hate Xavier, Reed, Maria and Carter

Kamala bad because Inhuman but good because mutant but origin not matter

Inhumans bad because slavery but the "slaves" were artificially bred drones and Inhumans themselves were slaves of the Kree

on

and on

and on
    It's like they're reading a script. You forgot the one where they say that the inhumans were never supposed to change their story despite it having changed drastically every decade, yet the X-Men did a complete 180, becoming inhumans practically, and get praised because they "finally changed." They lived in a traveling city and are a whole species, yet they only want them on the moon and to only have stories of 5 of them because they aren't allowed to expand and have new stories.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    It's like they're reading a script. You forgot the one where they say that the inhumans were never supposed to change their story despite it having changed drastically every decade, yet the X-Men did a complete 180, becoming inhumans practically, and get praised because they "finally changed." They lived in a traveling city and are a whole species, yet they only want them on the moon and to only have stories of 5 of them because they aren't allowed to expand and have new stories.
    Also they were only created because of Fox movie rights of Mutants, even though they existed for decades beforehand.

Probably all comic properties were meant to see the light of day, not just because of Fox rights.

Really after Doom or Sub Mariner, the next FF story would most likely be Inhumans, it has all the potential to be a modern Romeo and Juliet (the original story) with so much other textures to draw from: Diablo, Dragon Man.

I hear there is a rumor that maybe it will be revealed at the upcoming comic con an Inhumans post credit scene for the Marvels.

I don't think for a minute that the MCU is finished with them.

I actually think that Ms. Marvel question of Inhuman or mutant is yet to be fully seen. More of her story goes towards cosmic, space things than

ordinary human mutation.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    How did you even get here dude? If you don't like the Inhumans I can only imagine you came by to see how the fanbase is taking the recent news. Lurking a thread just to insult the characters we like and us for liking those characters seems like just trolling.
    I got here because all the Inhumans apostles are dancing around in about a half dozen other threads singing their praises and hate for recent developments...

Extraordinary Member

I got here because all the Inhumans apostles are dancing around in about a half dozen other threads singing their praises and hate for recent developments...
    And, are people not allowed to voice a totally reasonable opinion regarding canon shift.
    And really, didn't you just claim those characters have no fans, are you really offended by this "pathetically small fanbase"?