Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    If she were to get into a relationship, I'd think it would've been with Reed, but he was off universe, or even Cyclops. Black Bolt had a moment with Jean when she returned that could've been more expanded upon.

They're most likely traumatized by the inhuman genocide and were like, "let's just forget about it." Sue was married to Black Bolt in one of the Exiles universe, but I think it was because their spouses had died or something.

Cates made a comment about X-Men fans, and why he doesn't want to touch them on Twitter. He wrote probably the most extreme inhumans story (poorly mind you) and just ignores them and their fans.

I don't want to get my hopes up for inhumans appearing in Multiverse of Madness, especially since the source is from a discount website, but all the speculation is revealing people's real problem with the show, which was its story and not the actors. I think the movie is going to drag different characters from Marvel media, so hopefully we'll see some.
    I agree feel writers will for the most part will forget this unless it becomes a true plot point. Need to see what he put about them. I bet it will introduce them, they are from other universes, something happens and they get written into ours as if it was always like this spoilers:
    As how things went for Spiderman since it looks like that Multiverse spell is what caused this, with the Illuminati members being the only ones who know it.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Wait she cheated on him? Are you talking about when she was with Johnny Storm? Cause like ya wasn't a fan, they were seperated.
    That's true. They were separated when it happened so it wasn't cheating. He was probably dating Dazzler when she was working at The Quiet Room.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    That's true. They were separated when it happened so it wasn't cheating. He was probably dating Dazzler when she was working at The Quiet Room.
    Except... that's not what happened. Black Bolt went missing post- T-Bomb explosion, it was revealed in "Inhuman" that Maximus was actually holding him captive via mind-control. At the end of the book he shows up at Attilan to return to his duties, Medusa tells him to GTFO and he destroys his throne, leaving only hers.
    Then we get a timeskip in Uncanny Inhumans and suddenly Medusa is dating the world's most famous, uh, promiscuous person. And then she upgrades to her husband's former officer, known for his loyalty, somewhere around the time said husband is being tortured in prison. I am really not a fan of all of that, but if it can't be retconned, then maybe it would make for an interesting twist to pair up Black Bolt with someone else for the sake of balance.

In other news.... I've been reading a really cool book called City of Brass by S.A. Chakraborty. If you guys ever wanted to read about a city full of superpowered beings and have an in-depth look at the politics and inner workings of governing such a city, you might find it fun. Otherwise, it has very little to do with Inhumans, unless they're planning to merge the whole ClanDestine/djinn thing into Inhuman lore (which might actually not be stupid).

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    Except... that's not what happened. Black Bolt went missing post- T-Bomb explosion, it was revealed in "Inhuman" that Maximus was actually holding him captive via mind-control. At the end of the book he shows up at Attilan to return to his duties, Medusa tells him to GTFO and he destroys his throne, leaving only hers.
    Then we get a timeskip in Uncanny Inhumans and suddenly Medusa is dating the world's most famous, uh, promiscuous person. And then she upgrades to her husband's former officer, known for his loyalty, somewhere around the time said husband is being tortured in prison. I am really not a fan of all of that, but if it can't be retconned, then maybe it would make for an interesting twist to pair up Black Bolt with someone else for the sake of balance.

In other news.... I've been reading a really cool book called City of Brass by S.A. Chakraborty. If you guys ever wanted to read about a city full of superpowered beings and have an in-depth look at the politics and inner workings of governing such a city, you might find it fun. Otherwise, it has very little to do with Inhumans, unless they're planning to merge the whole ClanDestine/djinn thing into Inhuman lore (which might actually not be stupid).
    She broke up with him and told him to leave. They weren't together. I don't they'll address the inhumans on a deep level ever again to even mention anything more than a cameo. They're pretty much done at this point. Even if they show up in movies, Wanda has been pushed to the side showing Marvel doesn't even care about their characters. Their relationship is probably not gonna be brought up again because it would be too many pages. And people already dunk on Black Bolt for having several wives. Who knows if he was sleeping with them. They're dead now, so it doesn't matter.

Niffleheim

Why is this topic back again? Anyway. I'm glad they had Medusa explore her options after Blackagar's alleged unconsummated polygamous marriages. Writers knew as a character in this modern times she needed to save face instead of standing idling by her husband's side and support him.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I can understand how people might have found it odd, but I think the Universal inhumans wives was odd, but it added to changes in their stories. I like turning the status quo on its head because we get to see new concepts that might stay or be rejected. Crystal and Quicksilver had the most interesting relationship because it seemed organic. Like, people don't live happily ever after and they grow, especially when they turn 30, 40, etc., but then they're okay. Like I feel like Crystal has more control of her life now because she had several relationships and learned from experience. People who write articles online about how terrible she is don't get that aspect of comics, which is similar to why people accuse the Inhumans of stuff they learned about.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Why is this topic back again? Anyway. I'm glad they had Medusa explore her options after Blackagar's alleged unconsummated polygamous marriages. Writers knew as a character in this modern times she needed to save face instead of standing idling by her husband's side and support him.
    Well I brought up on Valentine's Day Inhuman relationships people like and/or would like to see (as long as one of the individuals is Inhuman) like I brought up San and Stacey from the Young Inhumans as one I like, and Ahura and Treste for one to come about. Someone brought up just fixing Black Bolt and Medusa's marriage or completely forgetting that stuff happened. Though it seems some believe Black Bolt is at fault in the problems as he as you put unconsummated polygamous marriages, while others seem to be aiming at Medusa for her relationship with Johnny Storm.

I was waiting for someone to point out that.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I agree. It was handled well, more or less.

An idea about some differing cultural norms. Crystal was all but given to Ronan.

Arranged or ceremonial marriages is different.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Writers knew as a character in this modern times she needed to save face instead of standing idling by her husband's side and support him.
    What is it that's so terrible about standing by and supporting your husband? Do all relationships in fiction have to end in a crash & burn in order to be "realistic"?

What is it that's so terrible about standing by and supporting your husband? Do all relationships in fiction have to end in a crash & burn in order to be "realistic"?
    The more important take away from this is that they went through a lot and ars still together/got back together and their relationship is stronger because of it. They didn't get a divorce or stay separated. It was character development.

For decades I've been in a community where, while not a 'norm', polyamory and pansexualities is a present and noticible aspect.

Most people I know have committed relationships with one other person, but I know a fair amount who have differing relationships.

This is not cheating. Everyone knows and respects each other situation. We're Pagans, of various sorts.

I know more people who are divorced or cheat from the 'stable' Christo-Monotheistic society.
    ~ Oberon ~

Niffleheim

Specifically, In the context of their marriage that sentiments about standing by her husband is ridiculous.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Well personally I was fine with initial break up given the situation circumstances at the time plus it was pretty obvious Marvel wanted Medusa to have a more starring role and made her sole monarch. The johnny thing even without canon problems was poorly handled it was time skipped into existence. We are told it happened after the break and Medusa calls Black Bolt her ex husband many times. I wouldn't consider it cheating. I think a lot of that comes from Medusa calling BB husband again at the end of IvX and people concluding that they were never separated at all. Gorgon thing was even worse came out of nowhere and tried even less to justify its existence while pretending they were in deep love with each other. Felt like Ewing was just upset that BB&Medusa reunited and wanted to undo it. To make it even more painful BB's solo has him desperately wanting to fix their relationship. As for the universal wives thing I don't know if it was ever stated that they never consummate but it was stated twice that BB didn't care for them. He said in the dream realm and when the thanos minion was reading his mind it said he doesn't care for three of them and outright hates one of them. I wouldn't have liked these relationships anyway but them being poorly handled made it even worse.
    Last edited by mung; 02-20-2022 at 05:35 PM.

The Universal Inhumans was not well thought out to me. I think it should be addressed somehow, but I also think that the focus should not be so much on them, over Earth Inhumans.
    ~ Oberon ~