Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Inhumans have always been a concept to grow from and experiment different things. I didn't like the War of Kings era because they were usually about staying out of conflicts, and what benefit did they have going from Earth to different empires to rule. It was what the Kree made them for, but they hated the Kree to an extent.

I found the universal inhumans concept and The War of the Four Cities interesting because it focused on them being a part of a large scale project and to go from proto-humans to an inter-galactic super species that would carry on the humans' seed. Hickman continued it with the X-Men. I question if the Krakoa concept, etc. was his original plan for inhumans.

I think the terrestial inhumans should be the main focus of the stories too, but it would be interesting to see the rituals they made on other planets and how they are parallels to other species, like the Badoon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    The Universal Inhumans was not well thought out to me. I think it should be addressed somehow, but I also think that the focus should not be so much on them, over Earth Inhumans.
    Ya I am on this boat. I'm really not sure what it was but the Earth Kingdoms came off much more unique and better thought out. Maybe it was that we saw more about them, that they have such unique things compared to 4 different alien groups that just are altogether. It might be because the Universal Inhumans are aliens, I mean Inhuman being connected to humans right. It might be that it came at the cost of the DnA era stories which were about the Inhumans, to have work they did in their own books and equals in events to just be gone in someone elses book, and yes I do know they started out in the F4 but they have become their own comic group.

This just made me remember that Hickman set up 4 other kingdoms, we only got three in the end Orrolan, Ennilux, and Utolan. Plus the four kingdoms of the universal inhumans really added a ton of stuff in a short amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    This just made me remember that Hickman set up 4 other kingdoms, we only got three in the end Orrolan, Ennilux, and Utolan. Plus the four kingdoms of the universal inhumans really added a ton of stuff in a short amount of time.
    I thought Ennilux was an organization. It was a kingdom? Hickman was/is pretty good at world building. I don't know why they didn't give him one of their books. They needed more time then they got. They basically got 2 years when everything stopped with IvX. After that it wasn't world building. Just tying up loose ends until they cancelled everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I thought Ennilux was an organization. It was a kingdom? Hickman was/is pretty good at world building. I don't know why they didn't give him one of their books. They needed more time then they got. They basically got 2 years when everything stopped with IvX. After that it wasn't world building. Just tying up loose ends until they cancelled everything.
    It's not a kingdom now. Ennillux being a kingdom in origin is my assumption. It was around before the T-cloud and has transformed inhumans. That would require terrigen of their own. They even have an army. They just don't have a monarchy, instead it's an election, system. Imagine they were one of the fractured groups, found their own place, and eventually developed into Ennilux.

Are there any concise articles on how this is organized or the history, etc. I've never seen the stories. I am not sure that Wikipedia organizes it well enough for me.
    I want a timeline that shows who what when.
    The kingdoms and how they split off and formed or whatever their origin was.

*** I just reread the main entry of Inhumans and though it gives some information on the hidden cities, not really enough for me to place it in context with other things, retcons or coinciding. That's okay.
    Last edited by Oberon; 02-21-2022 at 07:35 AM.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    It's not a kingdom now. Ennillux being a kingdom in origin is my assumption. It was around before the T-cloud and has transformed inhumans. That would require terrigen of their own. They even have an army. They just don't have a monarchy, instead it's an election, system. Imagine they were one of the fractured groups, found their own place, and eventually developed into Ennilux.
    So it's like a group that used their inhumanity as an asset in the human world while not exposing themselves?

I wonder if any other writer liked any of these concepts to include them in other stories, or if they're just to happy to work at Marvel and want to make their mark on bigger IP's. It's an interesting concept. I don't get why so many people think they're Game of Thrones in space when they ended War of Kings bringing back the status quo of cosmic Marvel because they didn't want change. I'm assuming an article wrote that and people just assumed it would've worked.

I like the idea of them inhuman terrestrial kingdoms more. It opens the door for more interaction with everyone. It's like they were wiped out of people's collective memory.

Astonishing Member

So Ennilux was one of the Inhuman group that broke away from Attilan long ago. Most likely they were a Kingdom based on a system like Attilan but later on became a Business and/or a nation that would be a Plutocracy. Since the location of it's main office this most likely changed during the, Italian merchant city states of Venice.
    I am looking to see if a CEO can pick their succesor but am only find that, they shouldn't, so it might be that a bloodline could be esstablished but the board could overturn this. I am betting the reason a giant shareholder vote went on was that Capo (I am betting this was a title that just became a name) most likely didn't have anyone in mind and was ruling for such a long time that the process became lost. That or maybe the board decided this was the best way. Or who knows maybe this is the way Ennilux became like this each shareholder does get a vote.

Astonishing Member

Here's hoping Inhumans get a decent amount of love in Dark Ages.

They mention them in the synopsis. I saw Devil Dinosaur, so at least they appreciate Moongirl's inhuman aspect.

It seems Inhumans did just mean Lunella

Astonishing Member

Well then I hope she gets a really cool moment in the final issue, being the smartest person should mean she solves the problem. I hope for more stuff like Dark Ages as it plays out like an event but without past stuff it can be more free, and being in another universe means it can take better risks. I think a Lord of the Flies type story could work Ms. Marvel would most likely be the focal character, but she could form a group that looks like the Illuminate though are public putting Ahura representing the Inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’d like to see Gorgon and Sharon Ventura get together. It’d give them both a new lease on life, and get some much needed character development on these two overlooked heroes.
    Gorgon's the only original Inhuman I'm remotely interested in.

Astonishing Member

I want to see a simple fighting tournament made by the Champion of the Universe and the Grandmaster where they bring all the Heavy Hitters to just fight each other to not the death since they both know it will be easier to get them agree to do this, where the Champion then can fight the strongest. Be a way to get Gorgon and Sharon Ventura in the same place.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

No Inhuman hint whatsoever I can see here…
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES