Page 14 of 58 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    ask more on how to do good Inhumans or how to build a good ...
    It's too optimistic to even assume they are ever returning in anything more than a cameo in the comics even though their last publication won an Eisner Award. I don't think there's ever been a comic book character that has gotten this much hate. Not even Captain Marvel. The difference is that a lot of people hated the inhumans without ever having opened an inhumans book. They just adopted the "they were going to replace the X-Men and I hate them" line and pushed it to this day. The writing wasn't bad. It only got bad when they got into an event because of the premise of the event. Everyone complains about events because they are cash grabs and poorly written. They were world building for the inhumans and were developing new characters until they did the X-Men event to shut it all down.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

We need a

here.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Oh, you are asking for credentials now? Well, I started in 1985 aprox but my memory could be clouded. I read Liefeld comics but then I discovered how bad they really were, then I understood why Kirby was the King, I then started to migrate to tintin and Asterix and Bandee Desisné and south american (mostly argentinian) comics, the manga than came , then it came the indi, I went back for Vertigo, left for a while, rediscovering Claremont, went full Wildstorm, read the whole Miller, Moore, Morrison, Marvel Knights, MiracleMan, Watchmen... I searched for minor editorials works... Mmm, maybe it is not enough credential for your standars. Yours credentials must be more awesome.
    The point is than if you still keep nagging about how toxic X-fans are, you are getting close on to see what where the mistakes done on the promotion of the Inhumans and any new try to refloat the franchise will be doomed.
    Stop using the X-Men fans as excuse and ask more on how to do good Inhumans or how to build a good Inhumans narrative.
    Reason I put that there was your Skepticism in there being toxic X-fans, hence why I bolded that bit in the reply.

Since they were well reviewed comics durring the ANAD era with Uncanny Inhumans getting inbetween 20, 000 - 30, 000 depending on the arc. Absolutely trashing? Not even close but with those numbers would it be fair to cancel?
    On the other end Black Bolt won an Eisner but didn't sell the best. So where did it go wrong exactly?

You talk about that it is up to Marvel to put out good content and while this is mainly true it is also up to people to give things a proper chance.

So I will spit 2 Inhuman comic ideas to you and you decide if either would grab your interest.

1) Someone frames the few Inhumans that are on earth behind an attack and now they must start to reorganize together to find out what has happened, protect one another, and clear their names or else loose the home that they have always had a right to.

2) The Kree only used some Inhumans in the making of the Vox army, those that still carried the advanced upowered Inhuman body (Those born in the Kingdoms), as we have had their trueself unlocked (Terrigenesis). Those who didn't reach both these requirements were sent off to unkown location for entertainment. But now as secret deals are to be made these Inhumans might be made to be weapons again unless one Nuhuman and one Native can free their kin and stop these Kree.

Galaxies Wanderer

It is the possibility than some people read the inhumans books and didn't like it?
    Sorry but even if I can ˇt accept the existence of toxic X-Fans, that is becoming a cheap escape to analize the content of the Inhumans books and wonder was went wrong: Wrong as is, they are not being published right now, and his multimedia appearances are being diminished. It is not an easy answer, but say it is because of toxic X-Fans is also granted too much power.
    The situation is that like many things, it can be generalized to the vocal majority.
    If the reader searched about (in neutral sources, if they exist in this case) or read it and didn't like it, they may be negative but I doubt they will be toxic to the point of what we are going/gone through.

It can also be from influences, if I see several comments and topics saying that something is bad, my mind will create a barrier with this negativity and when/if I try the product I will already have in mind the negative comments about it.

Saying that the content is bad or poorly written wouldn't be a good argument either, I've been seeing a lot of people complaining about recent books and even then they keep selling and coming out.

Of course we blame Marvel for their poor decisions, but we can't deny these specific x-fans have heavy hands in all that circus.

Galaxies Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    We need a
    chill pill.jpg
    here.
    To be honest, I've been holding myself back all afternoon to not answer eliasmachado, I admire the patience of the others here..
    I don't understand why he sees the need to defend his fandom, nothing said here will affect his side.
    And he says he's tired... imagine how tired we are then? 4 years of silence and being excluded from all kinds of media.

Ultimate Member

Stop using the X-Men fans as excuse and ask more on how to do good Inhumans or how to build a good Inhumans narrative.
    I think the issue is when it comes to toxic fans that there is NO way to build a good narrative for whatever it is.
    I think what frustrates Inhuman fans is the mere mention of the name brings out certain folks to bash or trash them and toss out false information.

And the question that doesn't want to be silent: WHAT DO THESE TOXIC X-FANS HAVE TO DO WITH THE DECISIONS OF THE DISNEY/MARVEL?
    The idea is Marvel & Disney sees this toxic behavior and refuse to do anything with the Inhumans to pander to X-Fans.

Now let me say if Marvel is doing this to pander-Disney needs to start issuing pink slips.

No fanbase no matter how TOXIC can tell a billion dollar company what they can or can not publish.

Because NOTHING is stopping Marvel from making Inhuman novels and OGNS that BYPASS the comic book store.

If comic book stores don't want those books-FINE.

Amazon, Target, Barnes & Nobles and Wal-Mart don't have that issue.

So the real question should be What is the hold up Marvel?

Because you had someone with POWER fight to keep Black Panther and Cap Marvel from having films. That person got bypassed.

To be fair lets remove X-Men from the conversation and ask Marvel what is the issue. Priest is sitting out there.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chocomancer View Post
    To be honest, I've been holding myself back all afternoon to not answer eliasmachado, I admire the patience of the others here..
    I don't understand why he sees the need to defend his fandom, nothing said here will affect his side.
    And he says he's tired... imagine how tired we are then? 4 years of silence and being excluded from all kinds of media.
    To be fair he wants to know why his fandom gets single out.

Well the loudest wheel gets the oil. Which is unfair to those who just recently became fans because they were not around or they were fans and chose to NOT be active.

They are feeling attacked for stuff they had nothing to do with. However that is the price you pay for ANY franchise the good, bad and the ugly.

Don't want that stigma-have a conversation with your fandom. Because it's not just Inhuman fans but all fans that are seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    It's too optimistic to even assume they are ever returning in anything more than a cameo in the comics even though their last publication won an Eisner Award. I don't think there's ever been a comic book character that has gotten this much hate. Not even Captain Marvel. The difference is that a lot of people hated the inhumans without ever having opened an inhumans book. They just adopted the "they were going to replace the X-Men and I hate them" line and pushed it to this day. The writing wasn't bad. It only got bad when they got into an event because of the premise of the event. Everyone complains about events because they are cash grabs and poorly written. They were world building for the inhumans and were developing new characters until they did the X-Men event to shut it all down.
    Carol got heat for crap events like Civil War 2 and ShE iS a SjW wOkE fEmNaZi! The InHumans were seen as a "legit" mutants at home for Disney by Ike Paperclip Perlmutter. Unlike Carol who has a billion dollar film Inhumans has a failed tv show that didn't inspire confidence in sequels.

Here is what they could do to/eventually integrate Ms. M's comic, Inhuman background into this.

There is some theory that maybe the band is one half of the Nega bands? The bands of the original Captain Mar-Vell, though that would have to be changed, they could still have this connection to the Kree...

that eventually opens the way for her Inhuman nature to be brought up.

The Kree created the Inhumans in comics, and I believe they're linked in AoS, which may at the least be an alternate / multiverse.
    A possible idea would be that in the MCU, the Nega bands might be responsible for the explosion of Terrigen gases or another 'infection' possibility.

Yes, I realize that I've tried or been seen to have tried characterizing a certain range of emotional posters as having the ability to affect the MCU movies directions.
    I had no idea but I promise to use the gift wisely.
    I just don't need the toxicity so I'll stay in my lane

if you stay in yours.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Carol got heat for crap events like Civil War 2 and ShE iS a SjW wOkE fEmNaZi! The InHumans were seen as a "legit" mutants at home for Disney by Ike Paperclip Perlmutter. Unlike Carol who has a billion dollar film Inhumans has a failed tv show that didn't inspire confidence in sequels.
    Is this the only appreciation thread people come in to talk about how the fans who appreciate the characters aren't real, and that the only person who wanted anything was the CEO of Marvel?

Mutants are an IP, not solely a concept that is replaceable. X-Men fans hated their status quo for decades. Wolverine, Deadpool, Magneto, Mystique and Storm, the word "X-Men", for example, are a brand/labels. If they don't appear, people aren't going to see whatever you put out as new Wolverines or Deadpools. If you're saying mutants and inhumans are almost the same, all you have to do is read the current status of mutants in their comics now. One of the biggest differences is that the inhumans IP mixes a lot more with other Marvel IP's like the Kree, Avengers, Namor, the Fantastic Four, etc. whereas the X-Men are like Batman and Spider-Man, they have their own rogues gallery and lots of solo events. To say Disney thought they could replace another IP instead of saying they were including a new IP, like they did with the Avengers, Echo, Moon Knight, etc., is manipulating the message that is what a lot of people did to scare people like X-Men fans into finding something to hate. Which they've done pretty well.

Extraordinary Member

Ms. marvel will stretch,embiggen etc..
    It's in the trailer a few times if you play it in slow motion and pause etc..
    It's just so far only with her cosmic powered bracelets.
    Here is a breakdown from Rockstars and below a reaction to the breakdown.

MS MARVEL TRAILER BREAKDOWN! Easter Eggs & Details You Missed!

Extraordinary Member

MS MARVEL TRAILER BREAKDOWN - Reaction! | Easter Eggs & Details You Missed | New Rockstars

Astonishing Member

I’ll say this, it will be profoundly unfair if Iron Fist gets a reboot and Inhumans don’t.

This is not the fault of the X-Men fandom; this is the fault of Ike, Loeb, Buick etc

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Warning: This article does not hold back in calling the Inhumans a "toxic" and "failed" property.

Yes, Ms. Marvel Changes Kamala’s Powers - But It’s for the Better
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Warning: This article does not hold back in calling the Inhumans a "toxic" and "failed" property.

Yes, Ms. Marvel Changes Kamala’s Powers - But It’s for the Better
    This barely talked about the changing of her powers, and why it is good. It talked a whole bunch on that she isn't connected to the Inhumans and that it is a "good" idea.