Page 24 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

The movie is now out in the US so we can discuss that spoiler in detail. You have been advised!

spoilers:
    In Earth-838 Mordo introduces the captive MCU Strange to the rest of the Illuminati: Captain Carter, Maria Rambeau as Captain Marvel, Black Bolt (played by Anson Mount), Reed Richards (John Krasinski) and Professor X. A flashback exposition showed that after they defeated their Thanos with the help of their Darkhold-corrupted Strange, he was deemed too dangerous to live and Black Bolt annihilated him with his voice. Back in the present, MCU Wanda via the body of Wanda-838 she possessed, penetrated their headquarters, and after Reed, Black Bolt, Peggy and Maria failed to convince her to abandon her quest, she killed them one by one, beginning with Black Bolt. After Reed warned her that he could destroy her with one word from his mouth, she calmly replied "What mouth?". Pan to Black Bolt with a now erased mouth, and when he tried his power it backfired on him and destroyed his head.

His costume is very comic book accurate and his wings are retractable.
    end of spoilers
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Very weird move to spoilers:
    bring in Black Bolt, specifically mention he's an Inhuman, and then take the most popular Inhuman character and make her not an Inhuman for the show. Though with what happens to him maybe it's payback against Perlmutter for that push in the first place
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I doubt there was much behind it. It seems that Black Bolt and Reed were added in Reshoots because a very accurate leak from 2021 had the illuminati team as Xavier, Maria, Carter, and Balder. Clearly Reed and BB were added in attempt to make the movie better. It would certainly be an expensive form of payback that would only incite people that want kamala to be like her comic version. That being said iirc Ms. Marvel also had some reshoots and delays. Not saying it's connect but I wouldn't have believed Black Bolt would be brought back in any form before I saw the pictures. Plus mentioning the Terrigen and Inhumans in BB's introduction would lead to people wondering what those are
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

spoilers:
    After years of haters saying the Inhumans are a toxic property and that Disney won't ever bring them up again and they don't need them because they have mutants, and that "Feige never wanted them", having them show up in a Feige movie next to Professor X and having an important role of being the one who obliterated Doctor Strange in his universe, felt like a big middle finger to the haters that were talking out of their a**es. They mentioned Terrigen Mists in the same scene as Prof X (who was practically cosplaying the Animated Series look), a mutant and the audience didn't care. If anything, this shows that in Feige's hands with Feige's money, we could get great looking inhumans, with cool looking powers, and in interesting roles that are key to the story. And that the inhumans never belonged to Permutter. They're Marvel characters that could get cool results with the right time and budget.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    spoilers:
    And that the inhumans never belonged to Permutter.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The Inhumans belong to Jack Kirby. And to Kevin Feige, because he damn well earned it. I've seen people gushing over Xavier's line, "Just because someone stumbles and loses their path, doesn't mean they're lost forever" and not realize that it applies to all 3 of these characters on a meta level. The Fantastic 4 movies were ass. The Inhumans were ass. The X-Men were mostly ass with the exception of maybe 2 good films. Did they really believe that characters that are THAT important to Marvel history would be abandoned because of bad adaptations? Not a chance.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    spoilers:
    The Inhumans belong to Jack Kirby. And to Kevin Feige, because he damn well earned it. I've seen people gushing over Xavier's line, "Just because someone stumbles and loses their path, doesn't mean they're lost forever" and not realize that it applies to all 3 of these characters on a meta level. The Fantastic 4 movies were ass. The Inhumans were ass. The X-Men were mostly ass with the exception of maybe 2 good films. Did they really believe that characters that are THAT important to Marvel history would be abandoned because of bad adaptations? Not a chance.
    end of spoilers
    100% Agree!

spoilers:
    The Black Bolt scenes were probably the best, but I liked the Illuminati in this movie in general, and I hope it will open people's eyes. Most moviegoers aren't petty towards legacy characters, so I hope all this means that we will see them again. I'm dying to see Feige's Medusa now!
    end of spoilers

From your lips to our ears!

I would like to see some of these folks in their roles, if possible. But some are clearly better/more needed than others.

I'm glad for these spoilers.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Thank you! You say it pretty well, pretty well indeed.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    I'm not thrilled about BB's fate in the movie but it's not all bad. I love how despite the little cameo, people can't stop talking about BB. And many who championed for Inhumans to be wiped out of existence and never be mentioned in the MCU, even in passing have no come back to their king, especially played by Anson (who's having a great week btw) making a comic accurate comeback of sorts. With all this attention, I hope it bodes well for Inhumans to make a proper MCU (re)introduction.
    end of spoilers

George Perez another comic legend has passed. I didn't know this until now, but he did the art for the first Inhumans comic book

Astonishing Member

Saw the movie yesterday I liked it spoilers:
    Damn it got bloody and dark. As for Black Bolt it was good and because of multiverse rules we are bound to see him in the future. I know some people might have wanted him more, but not me it was a Doctor Strange we came for the film to see him, which they did a great job. Still this is the Inhuman thread so we are talking the Inhuman elements of the movie being Black Bolt, which from the amount of time we had him it almost all worked, as was it just me or did anyone else think his kill on Strange had this weird minor delay.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Saw the movie yesterday I liked it spoilers:
    Damn it got bloody and dark. As for Black Bolt it was good and because of multiverse rules we are bound to see him in the future. I know some people might have wanted him more, but not me it was a Doctor Strange we came for the film to see him, which they did a great job. Still this is the Inhuman thread so we are talking the Inhuman elements of the movie being Black Bolt, which from the amount of time we had him it almost all worked, as was it just me or did anyone else think his kill on Strange had this weird minor delay.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    If you think of his appearance in terms of a proof-of-concept, I think it worked really well. We got to see his voice attack. We got to see him make a cool hero landing with the wings. We got to see him hanging out on a throne and looking concerned and regretful. We even got a glowing fork and the costume itself which was pure boss.

Anson absolutely nailed it, aside from the panic which was a massive OOC moment, but that was probably forced by Sam Raimi who wanted gory death scenes. It's highly probable we will see Black Bolt again eventually in the 616, but I have a personal pet theory that it won't be Anson. If he shows up in Ms Marvel finale or post-credits, and is portrayed by (another personal pet theory) Farhan Akhtar, the audience would not see it coming because they will be expecting Anson rather a non-white actor. It would be the perfect 'gotcha' moment. You know that thing in Watchmen where it reveals what Rorschach looks like under his mask, and it's the seemingly random guy with the sign that we already met several chapters earlier? Yeah, like that.
    end of spoilers

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Just one minute old!

Edit: Red Dagger and Zoe (I think) spotted.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

At the website about FF: Greatest American Novel, there is some discussion about the proxy-nature of the Inhumans and other non-white races. Although they were/nearly always depicted at "white-Euro", some discussion says their concept was a standin for the unique and exotic nature of Eastern races.

This conceit has always worked well in Western/America cinema or fiction, of course.

So yeah, to what you said.
    ~ Oberon ~

spoilers:
    I never thought I'd see Blackagar next to Reed and Charles on the big screen. This means that Inhumans may be on their way to the MCU right?! I thought they were retconing Kamala's origin but now I'm more hopeful that they are not.
    end of spoilers