Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

So before I did mention 3 teams and 2 solos was because of that being what the X corner had at the time, so a condition to work in. But it seems though if in control a shorter story would work better which yes I do agree.

I do believe Marvel should start books like tv seasons with writers getting 12 issues a season and around the 8 will be the deciding factor if a book continues.

But yes if in control I would have a main Inhuman story in Graphic Novel style of being just a giant block, with side stories and spinoffs being told in minis.

As for Luna in tumblr someone was shipping her with Franklin RIchards and had this why:

https://www.tumblr.com/search/luna%20maximoff/recent
    Last edited by Noek; 01-09-2022 at 09:13 PM. Reason: to long

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Saw a post on Twitter that said Encanto was pretty much an Inhumans movie in everything but name. Any of y’all agree? Lol.
    I'm surprised how often it came up when searched them together on on twitter.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Astonishing Member

Oh cool more of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    I prefer minis because they offer a complete story that will deliver a satisfying ending instead of dragging on until the sales start dropping.
    Exactly. Like Death of the Inhumans. Oh wait…
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Exactly. Like Death of the Inhumans. Oh wait…
    Yeah. Death of the Inhumans was the worst mini probably ever. It was just a reason to bring back Beta Ray Bill. I can't think of how anyone would be happy about a writer ignoring their favorite characters powers, gratuitously killing off characters and story that was built for years, just as a ploy to cancel all of their books. When they put the Fantastic Four on hiatus they did Secret Wars and Johnny and Ben were still in on-going books. And IvX concluded with all of the mutants being saved, then resurrected in a convoluted story, that I don't mind. Most resurrections after deaths are convoluted. I just hope they make a good convoluted story for the inhumans one day.

Most probably all the things Donny Cates had to do on Death of the Inhumans were editorial mandated.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Most probably all the things Donny Cates had to do on Death of the Inhumans were editorial mandated.
    While that had been thought of, a lot of the way things were done in DotI we can see in Cates's Hulk. He completely is ignoring the events of the last book to do something absolutely ridiculous spoilers:
    Hulk and Bruce were at peace and looking at a foward future together, and next we see them Bruce was secretly evil and the Hulk was holding him back, but now the Hulk is being driven like a Megazord by Bruce
    end of spoilers unless you want to say that is editorial mandated as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    While that had been thought of, a lot of the way things were done in DotI we can see in Cates's Hulk. He completely is ignoring the events of the last book to do something absolutely ridiculous spoilers:
    Hulk and Bruce were at peace and looking at a foward future together, and next we see them Bruce was secretly evil and the Hulk was holding him back, but now the Hulk is being driven like a Megazord by Bruce
    end of spoilers unless you want to say that is editorial mandated as well.
    Yeah, I just think Cates wants to be outrageous to create a name for himself. He has, but they're just over the top stories that end flat on their face. It's like the build up was literally for nothing. I don't know if he wanted to emulate some sort of 90's writing. Knull's design was kind of a let down for a galactic being. And Ahura's Earth X costume being used for a throw away character like Vox cheapened it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Yeah, I just think Cates wants to be outrageous to create a name for himself. He has, but they're just over the top stories that end flat on their face. It's like the build up was literally for nothing. I don't know if he wanted to emulate some sort of 90's writing. Knull's design was kind of a let down for a galactic being. And Ahura's Earth X costume being used for a throw away character like Vox cheapened it.
    I had first thought that maybe this was all a dream the Kree had gotten into Black Bolt's head to make him think that refusing the Kree would lead to the Inhuman's death, and Vox's look of looking like him and the Grim Reaper fused together would be a way to think he was the cause of the Inhumans dying. It would explain the continuity issues, and plot holes because it isn't real but a scenerio built to fail really.

Extraordinary Member

Yeeeep, Knull's look screams some edgelord character from 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeeeep, Knull's look screams some edgelord character from 90s.
    And then there's herald Thor...

Incredible Member

Is this a new card set or something? Those look great!

Incredible Member

Answered my own question. Never heard of Fred Ian before, but he's fantastic!

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    And then there's herald Thor...
    Cates has been more misses than hits for me. The only thing that I enjoyed most was his short stint on GOTG and a little of Venom - the rest were crap.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough