Page 32 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Being sentimental I liked when they did that. I loved the way (others have said this) made Thor DW better.

A friend/coworker 's son in law is Chris Yost, so when Thor 2 came out we got a private theater screening with all their friends. And Pizza.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    Makes sense, I mean, going through the ceremony of Terrigenesis changes you into your "true self", so this society wouldn't even have the concept of transgender people. Whatever you used to be before the change is irrelevant. I imagine there would also be people who accept themselves in their "imperfect" form and rebel against the need to change into a new one.
    We already have one who hasn't changed Karnak, and in once and future kings didn't he question it a bit, too late to go digging through comics. But ya I was also thinking they most likely don't have the word Trans like pronouns but just fully accept + support.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    I hope for some world building in the next Inhuman story. Two things I would put.
    1) (sorry in advance if I put the wrong info) That if an Inhuman is Trans if they go through Terrigenesis their sex would also change.
    People usually ignore, passively or actively, metaphors of the inhumans, and I think them being their true self hidden in human bodies until they go through Terrigenisis could be analogous to people that are born a one way and that go through a process to be their true self, like with what happened to this inhuman. The writer was pretty blunt, but that's beside the point.

It would be interesting for some inhumans to search for the alien races they look like after Terrigenisis. Like when Triton found the alien race that looked like him. Like, a story about an inhuman that wants to fit in, or find their roots, so they go on a quest of some sort. It would also be interesting to see how post Terrigen Bomb inhumans find a place in the world with their powers. They could extend or adapt what they used to do for people who became inhuman to also find their cultural roots from the Hidden Kingdoms. I think they would've gotten into more of this.

Galaxies Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    People usually ignore, passively or actively, metaphors of the inhumans, and I think them being their true self hidden in human bodies until they go through Terrigenisis could be analogous to people that are born a one way and that go through a process to be their true self, like with what happened to this inhuman. The writer was pretty blunt, but that's beside the point.
    One of the things I like most about the Inhumans is this, the whole metaphor. It is very interesting and beautiful too.
    And since you mention it, I'd like to share an opinion, with the attention they got thanks to MoM some people mentioned the AoTS' terrigenesis, which apparently turns a person into stone instead of cocoon. (I haven't watched it)

I don't want to go against it but I hope they use the cocoon, because it brings a whole meaning/metaphor of transformation or passage, like a butterfly for example. Even making it easier to pass this metaphor.

but Noek's idea is good, it should catch the attention of nowdays audience.
    Last edited by Chocomancer; 06-04-2022 at 08:04 PM.

The newest Ms Marvel trailer has a very nice hi-res shot of the bracelet. I never noticed this before but the bracelet has a round shape in the center which is split into 4 parts, almost like it's meant to open and fold out. My guess is either the bracelet contains a Terrigen crystal which is hidden there, or has an on/off mode which is controlled by this piece. We've seen other pics of Kamala's costume where the bracelet is much longer and takes up her entire forearm, so it probably folds and unfolds like the Eye of Agamotto or something.
    bangle.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Chocomancer View Post
    One of the things I like most about the Inhumans is this, the whole metaphor. It is very interesting and beautiful too.
    And since you mention it, I'd like to share an opinion, with the attention they got thanks to MoM some people mentioned the AoTS' terrigenesis, which apparently turns a person into stone instead of cocoon. (I haven't watched it)

I don't want to go against it but I hope they use the cocoon, because it brings a whole meaning/metaphor of transformation or passage, like a butterfly for example. Even making it easier to pass this metaphor.

but Noek's idea is good, it should catch the attention of nowdays audience.
    Yeah, I liked how they did inhumans on Agents of Shield, but I hated how underwhelming they did Terrigenisis. The Inhumans show was worse. I love the sci-fi aspect of the inhumans, and the cocoons were a welcomed features because it was what you said about a butterfly's metamorphosis, and it was like they were pod people, going back to their alien interference origin.

One of my favorite parts of the series was when the Kree gathered inhumans pre-Terrigenisis and sold them with the guarantee of what they could do once they went through Terrigenisis. It would be cool if they did this in the comics. They really made sure to tie them to the Kree because they made them and they had interactions with them.

Here's a scene from season 5. It's a spoiler, but it's in Spanish. It's the only video I found of one of the scenes that show the whole Kree dynamic and Terrigenisis.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Yeah, I liked how they did inhumans on Agents of Shield, but I hated how underwhelming they did Terrigenisis. The Inhumans show was worse. I love the sci-fi aspect of the inhumans, and the cocoons were a welcomed features because it was what you said about a butterfly's metamorphosis, and it was like they were pod people, going back to their alien interference origin.

One of my favorite parts of the series was when the Kree gathered inhumans pre-Terrigenisis and sold them with the guarantee of what they could do once they went through Terrigenisis. It would be cool if they did this in the comics. They really made sure to tie them to the Kree because they made them and they had interactions with them.

Here's a scene from season 5. It's a spoiler, but it's in Spanish. It's the only video I found of one of the scenes that show the whole Kree dynamic and Terrigenisis.

The comic (I really need to get back to writing) has something like that. That only city native Inhumans (those who would have the Inhumans longevity, superior physical attributes, etc) as well have gone through Terrigenesis were the only ones made into Voxes(Voxen?) the rest were sent else where (basically those who for some reason weren't given the gift, or are a Nuhuman). Black Bolt ruins there plans and everyone assumes the missing Inhumans are dead.
    Inactuality they are being forced to fight each other for Kree entertainment of a group of Kree in the Imperium who wants to do the whole Vox thing again. Get the nonpowered natives to fight each other in one bracket and the Nuhuman in another to show what the outcasts of their slave soldiers could do. and then (creepy be warned spoilers:
    have the best of these breed with each other to recreate the worthy natives
    end of spoilers) go on to create the Vox again overthrow both Emperor Teddy and Plex Inteligence, then take over the universe.
    Anyways one Native and Nuhuman escape and it is up to them to find away to bring them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    The comic (I really need to get back to writing) has something like that. That only city native Inhumans (those who would have the Inhumans longevity, superior physical attributes, etc) as well have gone through Terrigenesis were the only ones made into Voxes(Voxen?) the rest were sent else where (basically those who for some reason weren't given the gift, or are a Nuhuman). Black Bolt ruins there plans and everyone assumes the missing Inhumans are dead.
    Inactuality they are being forced to fight each other for Kree entertainment of a group of Kree in the Imperium who wants to do the whole Vox thing again. Get the nonpowered natives to fight each other in one bracket and the Nuhuman in another to show what the outcasts of their slave soldiers could do. and then (creepy be warned spoilers:
    have the best of these breed with each other to recreate the worthy natives
    end of spoilers) go on to create the Vox again overthrow both Emperor Teddy and Plex Inteligence, then take over the universe.
    Anyways one Native and Nuhuman escape and it is up to them to find away to bring them down.
    That sounds interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCuVB9zUZb8

Iman Vellani is a fan of Neil Gaiman's Sandman. How TF am I not supposed to love her she is literally me

Apologies for double posting, but it's important: The Inhumans finally have their own Discord server. Come hang out!

https://discord.gg/QwSQnRxu

Astonishing Member

Apologies for double posting, but it's important: The Inhumans finally have their own Discord server. Come hang out!

https://discord.gg/QwSQnRxu
    Nice joined

Yeah, after this interview and what she said about Black Bolt, I am 100% ready to follow her into a warzone.

Yeah, after this interview and what she said about Black Bolt, I am 100% ready to follow her into a warzone.
    Yeah her singling out Black Bolt when the entire Illuminati got wiped, plus there isn't much motive to pander to Inhuhman fans when all tangible evidence points to her not being Inhuman in the show. So it feels pretty genuine.