Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Astonishing Member

That whole "Royal Family Adept" I do think that is true, that those of the Royal line are stronger. Most likely the noble houses started when Inhumans on unexpected skill rose in fame and married and birthed newer generations, with then the Genetics Council controlling blood lines, of who is allowed to marry who, which would determine whose children could be allowed to go through Terrigenisis. That some marriages might have gone to secure a blood connection, while some might have been born out of wedlock. I bring this up from the Soule books involving the characters of Irelle, Treste, and Valto. Valto is shown to be younger then Irelle (IvX issue 1 page 13), and her sister Treste has not been through it (Uncanny Inhumans issue 10 page 6).
    Most likely as well after generations of human dna going in started to overlap the unpowered Inhuman dna as this could explain why the Nuhumans didn't stand out like the long life span 150 years(Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol 5, page 25).

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    That whole "Royal Family Adept" I do think that is true, that those of the Royal line are stronger. Most likely the noble houses started when Inhumans on unexpected skill rose in fame and married and birthed newer generations, with then the Genetics Council controlling blood lines, of who is allowed to marry who, which would determine whose children could be allowed to go through Terrigenisis. That some marriages might have gone to secure a blood connection, while some might have been born out of wedlock. I bring this up from the Soule books involving the characters of Irelle, Treste, and Valto. Valto is shown to be younger then Irelle (IvX issue 1 page 13), and her sister Treste has not been through it (Uncanny Inhumans issue 10 page 6).
    Most likely as well after generations of human dna going in started to overlap the unpowered Inhuman dna as this could explain why the Nuhumans didn't stand out like the long life span 150 years(Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol 5, page 25).
    Yeah, the reason they wanted Medusa to abort Ahura was because they thought he would be too powerful, but this probably went for all inhumans. And when the T-Bomb was detonated, I'm assuming there was more powerful inhumans present. Reader is pretty powerful. I also wondered that if non-Attilan inhumans mixed with humans, couldn't there be human mutants mixing with inhumans. Well, Marvel lost their chance to do something interesting with this concept to appease the mob of toxic fans. I guess they have strict mandates and especially now, writers don't want to deal with the trolling tweets if they touch anything inhumans. Marvel prefers empty flashy writers like Cates than someone who wants to do more with lore like Hickman, who basically re-skinned the inhumans with the X-Men.

Galaxies Wanderer

Did they give up on Dante for Marvel Voices or am I delirious for having seen him in a cover?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chocomancer View Post
    Did they give up on Dante for Marvel Voices or am I delirious for having seen him in a cover?
    Give up. Along with Aracely (Hummingbird), and Sam (Nova) who was on the main cover. Because you know Miles and Robbie needed 2 stories.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Yeah, the reason they wanted Medusa to abort Ahura was because they thought he would be too powerful, but this probably went for all inhumans. And when the T-Bomb was detonated, I'm assuming there was more powerful inhumans present. Reader is pretty powerful. I also wondered that if non-Attilan inhumans mixed with humans, couldn't there be human mutants mixing with inhumans. Well, Marvel lost their chance to do something interesting with this concept to appease the mob of toxic fans. I guess they have strict mandates and especially now, writers don't want to deal with the trolling tweets if they touch anything inhumans. Marvel prefers empty flashy writers like Cates than someone who wants to do more with lore like Hickman, who basically re-skinned the inhumans with the X-Men.
    Depends really if the next writer just goes 'ya just going to retcon DotI and focus on Inhuman earth stories' they can do this. I want to see some class divide stories maybe now that no Gentics Council and some of the younger generations would hang out more with Nuhumans most likely and be more open with them.

Last edited by Force de Phenix; 01-13-2022 at 03:07 PM.

Last edited by Force de Phenix; 01-13-2022 at 03:28 PM.

Astonishing Member

I thought someone was explaining the Inhumans but wasn't there so got a bunch of things wrong, but rememberd oh ya Amalgam. Next Dark Age Inhumans are to play a role, and since it seems popular I want to see more things like that an alternate future where the Teens are the leading adults and the children of the 616 heroes are the young now. Having the children of the House of Agon as adults would be cool.

Galaxies Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    that collab got me into Forever People, quite fun group

I always regret searching about the inhumans on twitter, but I always end up giving in due to the lack of content... Today I came across a verified account promoting hate, telling x-fans to stop fighting about the elections and keep attacking avengers and inhumans fans... I even reported the post and thought about posting here, but maybe it's best to avoid.

At least tumblr has something from time to time....
    tumblr_ba56c642493748215ddf9f8257c283fe_7518d6d8_1280.jpg tumblr_8eecfa0e43a701f02da018dc6cb175fa_7f073c55_1280.jpg
    (source post with high res) attached because they were too big

Astonishing Member

I always regret searching about the inhumans on twitter, but I always end up giving in due to the lack of content... Today I came across a verified account promoting hate, telling x-fans to stop fighting about the elections and keep attacking avengers and inhumans fans... I even reported the post and thought about posting here, but maybe it's best to avoid.

tumblr_ba56c642493748215ddf9f8257c283fe_7518d6d8_1280.jpg tumblr_8eecfa0e43a701f02da018dc6cb175fa_7f073c55_1280.jpg
    I saw that. Part of me thinks to share it because it might get more reasonable X-fans to tell them to stand down, and have Inhuman + Avenger fanbases able to help each other. Thanks for sharing that pic and link nice to see more Inhuman fan posters out there.

I hate X-Twitter because its generally if not completely anti-this and anti-that, especially anti-inhumans. I love the X-Men and consider myself a part of their fanbase, but it makes it very difficult to support other fans or even like them when all they do is bash inhumans whenever they get the chance and create campaigns to hate them. There's even a website that's dedicated to increasing anti-inhuman sentiment. They get out of hand. I'm not surprised writers stay away from writing inhumans unless they wanted to massacre them like Cates.

I gave up being a regular reader and thus fan of X men/type comics somewhere in the '90s. For most other references I was with them all along. I have some of the oldest issues and of course the run that started/restarted with Giant Size #1.
    But I really just don't get the huge cast of characters, the so-called minority. I still like most of the main characters, but I'm just cold to their general conceit or them of being alone and persecuted. Especially when their fanbase takes turns picking on Inhumans, Wanda, etc.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

If an Inhumans game was ever made, how do you guys picture it playing like?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"