Page 40 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

The beauty or the curse of the MCU is that it may condense or merge some properties or ideas that would not work in the comics or be too out of canon.

Universal Inhumans, of a close humanoid type race to base humans.

(end credits or sequel/season. Kamela or someone meets a more unworldly Universal Inhuman - like a Dire Wraith or Badoon?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    The beauty or the curse of the MCU is that it may condense or merge some properties or ideas that would not work in the comics or be too out of canon.
    So Kamala could be related to an offshot of the Eternals then????
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Didn't Maximus stage a coup? He was already on the throne when the Inhumans appeared for the first time, I think, so the coup itself wasn't shown, but I am pretty sure the royals were hiding from him...
    The scary part is that this implies there were Maximus sympathizers in the government or in the general population.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Where else has this happened? I'm hoping they bring in as many groups of people/species to populate the MCU landscape. Agents of Shield went all out and they did really well. The only bad thing about Disney Plus is that they can't do too many episodes like Agents of Shield because it would probably be too expensive.

On a side note, I think it's ironic that people said that the inhumans wasn't essential to her persona, but they made her be something similar (at least in the MCU's version) in her MCU origin. After that last episode, I don't know how else they will bring these non-human beings up again that would have the weight of an inhuman. Like if Kamran gets recruited by a Lineage type character, but make him a djin instead maybe? They might just use anything that's inhuman in the comic, and just replace it with the word djin like they've done so far.

Maximus should've had powers in the show. It was as if the premise of the show was made to fit the budget, which I get, but it didn't work for them. People don't realize they canceled the show because no one watched it, and it even affected the viewers of the show after it. They think it was canceled solely because it was poorly received. No one watched it to know how bad it was for it to leave a stain. They just ignored it, leaving room for a new start.

Now that you mention it, that could be the idea. That these 'djinn' or however, are some powered race/remains of a race such as Inhumans or Eternals.
    Our Eternals on earth, are not the only ones either.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Despite it's drawbacks, I still liked Inhumans.
    The main actors were good and the basic plot ideas were okay.

If they had mixed it more with what Agents of Shield had done, maybe there would have been more resonance.

But the nearly bestest part was Lockjaw of course,

and for that reason, it needs to return, or the concept, darn it!

(funny if a final/end credit scene) show Lockjaw appearing to Kamela)
    ~ Oberon ~

Despite it's drawbacks, I still liked Inhumans.
    The main actors were good and the basic plot ideas were okay.

If they had mixed it more with what Agents of Shield had done, maybe there would have been more resonance.

But the nearly bestest part was Lockjaw of course,

and for that reason, it needs to return, or the concept, darn it!

(funny if a final/end credit scene) show Lockjaw appearing to Kamela)
    I hated the aesthetics, the costums, the cheesy intro, the music, the lighting, the script, and the main premise. The worse part was how boring they made Terrigenisis look. If they had done that differently and worked better within their limits, it would've been better. They could've tied it more with Agents of Shield.

People never watched the ending when they reunite all the inhumans and go back home to Earth, which was a redeeming quality. They should've just had Medusa be a part of the Frightful Four and have her gain her memory back as the season when on until she was met by her family at the end, but it still would've been too expensive. Anyway.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    The scary part is that this implies there were Maximus sympathizers in the government or in the general population.
    Chances are other Nobel Families, maybe even another house helped him to replace the current. But ya Maximus was big on taking earth from humans Inhumans with that mind set existing wouldn't shock me.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    This is something that could provide lots of story potential.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    This is something that could provide lots of story potential.
    Which Marvel will completely ignore.

Astonishing Member

If the next Inhumans story is just around New Attilan it should focus on a 3 sided narrative. One being about an upper elite lead group that hates all the reforms and wants the Inhumans to go back into hiding away from human influence. Another about Nuhumans who sees it as their goal to change New Attilan so it is even more like other earth nations. Finally a group that is somewhere in the middle, who sees if change does have to happen it should be for something that actually benifits the population, otherwise what is the point of doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Didn't Maximus stage a coup? He was already on the throne when the Inhumans appeared for the first time, I think, so the coup itself wasn't shown, but I am pretty sure the royals were hiding from him...
    I have checked the story, and it seems that there was some popular discontent with Black Bolt's rule, so they welcomed instead a dictator that should kick them all out. The dictator proves to be much worse, and people realize that they were better off with the original ruler they removed.

To be a comic about the Inhumans, all that sounds a bit too... human.

Yes, not bad, good. The Inhumans ended up even in the early days being about 'castes' so to speak, differing layers of a society that had some real elitism at the top.
    This was barely tapped in the movie/series but they might as well start fresh.

Considering the overall story of the show, I'd like to consider it another universe, not really the MCU, like Agents of Shield is considered, or possibly derived from.

But it could also be in the past to some degree, or even in the near future.
    Let's say that it was close enough in time to the first stories of the MCU that these Inhumans did what they do in the comics, find remote places they can live and alter them to their purposes.
    Along with the tiered society, the question of Maximus, as well as all that infrastructure left on the Moon. Again, barely tapped, but they represented a degree of science/technology that is not common to most regular folks.

We should get a prequel story of the Inhumans, possibly paired with a similar one with Eternals:

An animated cartoon or a 2 - 3 episode arc of What If.
    This could be similar to the old comic What IF where there were one or two stories that were really about ancient super hero/human history.
    ~ Oberon ~

Yes, not bad, good. The Inhumans ended up even in the early days being about 'castes' so to speak, differing layers of a society that had some real elitism at the top.
    This was barely tapped in the movie/series but they might as well start fresh.

Considering the overall story of the show, I'd like to consider it another universe, not really the MCU, like Agents of Shield is considered, or possibly derived from.

But it could also be in the past to some degree, or even in the near future.
    Let's say that it was close enough in time to the first stories of the MCU that these Inhumans did what they do in the comics, find remote places they can live and alter them to their purposes.
    Along with the tiered society, the question of Maximus, as well as all that infrastructure left on the Moon. Again, barely tapped, but they represented a degree of science/technology that is not common to most regular folks.

We should get a prequel story of the Inhumans, possibly paired with a similar one with Eternals:

An animated cartoon or a 2 - 3 episode arc of What If.
    This could be similar to the old comic What IF where there were one or two stories that were really about ancient super hero/human history.
    We've been exposed to at least two inhuman cities in live action media and some groups since it's its own thing. The Agents of Shield Afterlife seemed like a more interesting level of the inhumans and laid the groundwork for the fact that they always remain hidden in the shadows and have been hiding among humans.

The ABC Inhumans is like the movie Scarface or Breaking Bad in the sense that people only remember one aspect of the characters, and ignore the ending and their downfall and the lesson they teach. They moral was to show the characters development and how they changed at the end, when they all united and went home. But people just say "Maximus was the hero." He wasn't because he had bad intentions.

It would be fantastic if we got an arc of "What If the Illuminati Defeated Thanos?" so they could expand upon the alternate universe's Illuminati/inhumans.

Astonishing Member

I could see them using that universe for a What if story.