Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    Reckoning War - yet another event in which every corner of the MU is affected and the Inhumans are the elephant in the room. It seems the F4 and F4-adjacent characters will be heavily involved, oh and I dunno if it counts as a spoiler but the, uh, moon has been blown up. I wonder if anyone will find a way to restore it somehow by the end.
    If they don't, or find some replacement think of the affect of Earth's tides. But ya Inhumans or atleast Medusa and Crystal need to be in it.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

"The Reckoning War is me finally being able to answer the question an eight-year-old me had: What if those guys showed up again?" says the writer. "It's chaos, madness... A fight for your life. This is my Star Wars."

He's talking about the year 1976 (or around then). The first volume of the Inhumans comics were from around that year, but it was mainly them versus the Kree.

I mean, they leveled New Attilan, destroyed New Arctillan and massacred everyone there, then had the mutants move to the moon, and now destroyed it. The inhumans are persona non grata at Marvel now. I doubt they'll show up for an event involving the moon, or an event involving all the species of Earth. If they show up for anything, people will just complain about their existence and talk about the show. Writers don't wanna deal with trolls on Twitter to write anything long or meaningful. At best they'll have a one panel cameo on a screen like in Fantastic Four or get an asterisk for a call back.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    "The Reckoning War is me finally being able to answer the question an eight-year-old me had: What if those guys showed up again?" says the writer. "It's chaos, madness... A fight for your life. This is my Star Wars."

He's talking about the year 1976 (or around then). The first volume of the Inhumans comics were from around that year, but it was mainly them versus the Kree.

I mean, they leveled New Attilan, destroyed New Arctillan and massacred everyone there, then had the mutants move to the moon, and now destroyed it. The inhumans are persona non grata at Marvel now. I doubt they'll show up for an event involving the moon, or an event involving all the species of Earth. If they show up for anything, people will just complain about their existence and talk about the show. Writers don't wanna deal with trolls on Twitter to write anything long or meaningful. At best they'll have a one panel cameo on a screen like in Fantastic Four or get an asterisk for a call back.
    They don't have a choice in that. They work for MARVEL.

Writers of color, women and LGBTQA get attacked by those same trolls daily.

Inhumans show up what are they going to do????

Cry on Twitter? While STILL buying the Reckoning War and all the tie ins?????

The same trolls who would throw a fit are the same ones that did to Black Panther, Miles, Carol Danvers, GOTG, America Chavez, Dr Strange, Squirrel Girl, Jane Foster, Sam Wilson, Riri Williams, Moon Girl and others who kept this company afloat.

If we were going to hold a franchise to ONE failure that mean we would NOT have Teen Titans nor X-MEN-did they NOT fail once?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    They don't have a choice in that. They work for MARVEL.

Writers of color, women and LGBTQA get attacked by those same trolls daily.

Inhumans show up what are they going to do????

Cry on Twitter? While STILL buying the Reckoning War and all the tie ins?????

The same trolls who would throw a fit are the same ones that did to Black Panther, Miles, Carol Danvers, GOTG, America Chavez, Dr Strange, Squirrel Girl, Jane Foster, Sam Wilson, Riri Williams, Moon Girl and others who kept this company afloat.

If we were going to hold a franchise to ONE failure that mean we would NOT have Teen Titans nor X-MEN-did they NOT fail once?
    Someone who attacks a writer for saying Moon Girl is the smartest person in the Marvel Universe isn't a troll, but worse. And those people were pretty despicable for many other reasons than the ones that created a mob and attacked the inhumans. The inhumans were a proxy war and scapegoats for people not liking the Fox movies or Bendis. Like they said Marvel was only making garbage X-Men stuff, but turned around and said the inhumans stuff was garbage too.

If Marvel actually hired an inhumans fan, we'd get better stuff, but a lot of writers have pet projects and favorites, which is normal, but they aren't going to go out of their way to write a good story for characters that can be expanded upon. Especially when there is SO MUCH HATE directed towards them before even writing anything. People are going to go in with a negative attitude if they read anything inhumans, even if it's good like the Black Bolt mini that won a prize. They want to release something that will sell a lot and be liked. Hating on the inhumans was a big thing, so Cates and Marvel took advantage of the opportunity and were like "let's kill them!"

I just don't see any writer wanting to take any risks with something that has a huge mob waiting to attack it as soon as it's released and tied to a show that's on Disney Plus that only gets hate. They can write the Avengers, X-Men, Spider-Man, etc. and be safe. Bendis was treated pretty bad, but those fans complain about pretty much anything.

Astonishing Member

A Science-Fantasy storyline would go great for Inhumans.

Astonishing Member

How would people feel if when the next time we see the Inhumans they just drop a bunch of big change information, characters who hear this act shocked and excited wondering when/how this happened, with the Inhumans giving a response of 'Well if you were with us you would have known about it, maybe after we are done we can go into detail'.

"Take a first look at the cast of Marvel's Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur cartoon"

https://ew.com/tv/first-look-at-marv...fd090001a8beff

It's an alternate universe, but I think they'd probably think the same way.

Niffleheim

The Beyonder is a villain in Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur (I'm not sure if he is the main villain)
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    It's an alternate universe, but I think they'd probably think the same way.

I recall a few times in comics Black Bolt communicated with the likes of Black Panther as equals, so I agree on this.

Niffleheim

Communicate how thou? Mind meld? Through sign language? I never did finish the tv show how did Blackagar communicate with the others?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Communicate how thou? Mind meld? Through sign language? I never did finish the tv show how did Blackagar communicate with the others?
    Yes. I mean there are telepaths, but also sign language, as well just just body language. In the show Blackagar did a lot of sign language, as well facial movements.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Yes. I mean there are telepaths, but also sign language, as well just just body language. In the show Blackagar did a lot of sign language, as well facial movements.
    hopefully they include Sterilon in the lineup should we get another adaptation in the future.

Happy New Year! I probably said it before.

My wishes are the Inhumans definitely come back to the MCU, as well as good credible comics.
    It may be that as they were once more 'niche' characters, until their first series (early '70s), but the still sporadically most guest stars where they were
    until later, '80s they were in more themed limited series or tie in projects.
    So I want to support even that.
    In the movies, maybe TV is the best way for them to come back, or start to.
    Since budgets was such an issue with the TV show, maybe going animated ?
    This affords the idea that they might be able to utilize the right voice actors whether they're the previous actors or good voices for the show.

As far the MCU goes, I mostly would favor them appearing in movies related to the FF or like, before getting their own movie.
    So the TV show is an alternative. I guess I would be happy however and whenever they reappear as long

as it respects their previous appearances and lore
    properly ties in to Ms. Marvel or other properties
    - could it possibly explain or retcon with respect, Agents of SHIELD?
    would that be too much?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all