Page 122 of 193 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2895

Quote Originally Posted by OOPS View Post
    And that is my concern. "Batman vs Robin: The Road to War" doesn't feature Williamson's "Robin"...it goes all the way back to Glass' Teen Titans run, and includes the black casebook Hush storyline. If the concept was developed before Williamson's development of Damian, it may mean being back at square one....especially if it means Damian goes the magic route and turns bad (the plan for those story arcs.)
    DAMN.. Is not a good thing listen GLASS name here.

And that is my concern. "Batman vs Robin: The Road to War" doesn't feature Williamson's "Robin"...it goes all the way back to Glass' Teen Titans run, and includes the black casebook Hush storyline. If the concept was developed before Williamson's development of Damian, it may mean being back at square one....especially if it means Damian goes the magic route and turns bad (the plan for those story arcs.)
    As far as I know, Batman vs Robin: Road to War has nothing to do with Mark Waid's Batman vs Robin, it is just a collection of the stories that happened between Robin and Teen Titans, like Tomasi's arc in Detective Comics. This book was announced many months ago, way before Waid's book was even on the radar, and I guess the name is just a coincidence.

And, well, I'm not a huge fan of the way DC seems to be sidlining Damian right now, but, at the same time, I can't deny that having him in a big Mark Waid project is a good thing... I guess right now is just really hard to understand what's happening, but maybe, when we get closer to September, it will be more clear.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the1&onlyE. View Post
    As far as I know, Batman vs Robin: Road to War has nothing to do with Mark Waid's Batman vs Robin, it is just a collection of the stories that happened between Robin and Teen Titans, like Tomasi's arc in Detective Comics. This book was announced many months ago, way before Waid's book was even on the radar, and I guess the name is just a coincidence.

And, well, I'm not a huge fan of the way DC seems to be sidlining Damian right now, but, at the same time, I can't deny that having him in a big Mark Waid project is a good thing... I guess right now is just really hard to understand what's happening, but maybe, when we get closer to September, it will be more clear.
    Damian isn't being sidelined at all right now, I would look towards characters like batwoman and duke if you want characters hardly getting stories right now. I would say him being apart of this event is a good thing, even if a demon is likely in control of Damian for most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I would say him being apart of this event is a good thing, even if a demon is likely in control of Damian for most of it.
    That is exactly why I'm annoyed. Some people talk like Waid writing an event with Damian in it means Damian fans have no right to feel upset that Damian's solo is cancelled. But for all we know Damian might not even be himself for the majority of the story and the focus will probably be on Bruce to solve this. For all we know Damian might simply turn out to be an obstacle or a person to save, not an important character with agency.
    And then what?
    Williamson didn't give me what I wanted to see in a Damian story, but at least the solo meant that Damian was relatively safe. With Damian's book cancelled and the weird marketing strategy for Tim's book we are back to uncertainty.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    That is exactly why I'm annoyed. Some people talk like Waid writing an event with Damian in it means Damian fans have no right to feel upset that Damian's solo is cancelled. But for all we know Damian might not even be himself for the majority of the story and the focus will probably be on Bruce to solve this. For all we know Damian might simply turn out to be an obstacle or a person to save, not an important character with agency.
    And then what?
    Williamson didn't give me what I wanted to see in a Damian story, but at least the solo meant that Damian was relatively safe. With Damian's book cancelled and the weird marketing strategy for Tim's book we are back to uncertainty.
    Damian is still relatively safe. He is a pretty popular character, which sells pretty good.

His solo was cancelled, but he will be one of the protagonists in Batman vs Robin comic for six months. It's true that we don't know what they will do with the character after that, but it's extremely unlikely they plan to ignore Damian.

Astonishing Member

They have no reason not to relaunch his solo, whether he'll be Robin or not.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    And then what?
    Don't know Damians current series solld well and the Mark Waid book is very likely going to sell, while I'm not sure the same can be said about Tim's series, with many fans not being particularly excited about the creative team.

So I think there is good chance they will give Damian a new series after it.

It would be one big coincidence then. I mean, if you call the collection "road to war" then you kinda expect to have another collection where the actual war happens, otherwise branding doesn't really make any sense. And well, then maybe you wouldn't call your new series "Batman vs Robin" if it doesn't have anything to do with the collection that will be released in August, while the new series starts in September.

Sure, naming and release dates might be just a coincidence, but for me there are a bit too much of these coincidences here.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Don't know Damians current series solld well and the Mark Waid book is very likely going to sell, while I'm not sure the same can be said about Tim's series, with many fans not being particularly excited about the creative team.

So I think there is good chance they will give Damian a new series after it.
    I don't care about how well this event will sell. It's just an event that won't last long. Damian is not a new character that needs the exposure for readers to get to know him. I'm taking a Damian ongoing over any big name writer writing an event that Damian only happens to be in any day.

Even if Tim's solo isn't received well, I doubt they would cancel it before issue 12. Which means that Tim will probably be safe for at least a year.

Spectacular Member

The collection does list Mark Waid as the writer. World's Finest has been great, so it may all turn out. But it just seems like a switch has been flipped at DC and they have gone back to the Future State plan which was in place during the time that Waid indicates he crafted the story.

Plus, "Robin" sells were dependable, but not stellar...and I don't think the Tim Drake Robin series is about sells. If it were, DC would have put a solid writer and artist on the book. My guess would be that after issue 1, the sales will decline to Batgirls levels. Fans of the old Robin series and the Red Robin series aren't likely to be the market for a Batgirls style book (which the writer and artist selection suggest) and Batgirls hasn't exactly flown off shelves either.

I guess we'll see, though. If the series is as fun as World's Finest, at least those issues will be great, regardless of impact on the character long term.

The collection does list Mark Waid as the writer. World's Finest has been great, so it may all turn out. But it just seems like a switch has been flipped at DC and they have gone back to the Future State plan which was in place during the time that Waid indicates he crafted the story.
    He's listed as a mistake, just look at the description: https://www.amazon.com/Batman-vs-Rob.../dp/1779517920

"Batman vs. Robin: Road to War is a thrilling collection that contains stories from Batman #106; Teen Titans #43-44; Detective Comics #1032-1034; Teen Titans Annual #2; Robin 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular #1!"

I think it's just a mess up because of the similar name. And, besides, it is said many times that Batman vs Robin is a spin-off of Shadow War and World's Finest, not Teen Titans and whatever happened at that time.

Plus, "Robin" sells were dependable, but not stellar...and I don't think the Tim Drake Robin series is about sells. If it were, DC would have put a solid writer and artist on the book. My guess would be that after issue 1, the sales will decline to Batgirls levels. Fans of the old Robin series and the Red Robin series aren't likely to be the market for a Batgirls style book (which the writer and artist selection suggest) and Batgirls hasn't exactly flown off shelves either.

I guess we'll see, though. If the series is as fun as World's Finest, at least those issues will be great, regardless of impact on the character long term.
    I also don't think the cancellation is about sells, but it really is frustrating how even with good sells, Damian is put aside anyway.
    Last edited by the1&onlyE.; 06-29-2022 at 02:08 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Battle of the supersons trailer is out on iTunes

It’s set in DC rebirth era

Young justice era looks but Wally west 1 is kid flash
    Sure people won’t be upset about that

Extraordinary Member

I also don't think the cancellation is about sells, but it really is frustrating how even with good sells, Damian is put aside anyway.
    It is likely more about having new creative team, and it looks at least like Waid is at least somewhat building on Williamson's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Battle of the supersons trailer is out on iTunes

It’s set in DC rebirth era

Young justice era looks but Wally west 1 is kid flash
    Sure people won’t be upset about that
    No one's uploaded it anywhere yet, so I had to bust out my old iTunes account and holy **** am I hyped! The animation looks a lot like what Rooster Teeth does with RWBY and gen:Lock. There is nothing I saw wrong in the trailer, they perfectly adapted what was easily one of DC's most adaptable properties (and actively chose to drop the ball on).

Hell...fucking....YEAH!

If I had to make just one complaint, it's that I don't think either of their voices really...match well. Especially Jon's.
    Last edited by Blue22; 06-30-2022 at 06:37 AM.