Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Damian wayne robin appreciation 2022

Last edited by Fergus; 01-01-2022 at 04:47 AM.

2021 was a good year for Damian.

The Robin series has been stellar.
    I'm enjoying the web toons and the character seems to be in good hands with Williamson.

So far in 2022 We have a new title to look forward to. TT Robin by Garcia.
    A Supersons Special by Tomasi
    A Supersons movie
    The Dc Villains v heroes game

Plus he's going to be patching things up with his Dad.

2022 is starting well for Damian.

What are hopes for Damian in 2022?

Personally I hope Tim gets a new name. Let Damian be Robin without the confusion and uncertainty.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    2021 was a good year for Damian.

The Robin series has been stellar.
    I'm enjoying the web toons and the character seems to be in good hands with Williamson.

So far in 2022 We have a new title to look forward to. TT Robin by Garcia.
    A Supersons Special by Tomasi
    A Supersons movie
    The Dc Villains v heroes game

Plus he's going to be patching things up with his Dad.

2022 is starting well for Damian.

What are hopes for Damian in 2022?

Personally I hope Tim gets a new name. Let Damian be Robin without the confusion and uncertainty.
    Yeah Damian had a positive 2021, hope DC keeps him on this track. Can't really think of anything I want for the character.

Arkham Asylum 2 back would be the wish.

Some Dick and Damian interactions would be nice. Can't believe he hasn't met Bitewing!

2nd Tim getting a new name.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Yeah Damian had a positive 2021, hope DC keeps him on this track. Can't really think of anything I want for the character.

Arkham Asylum 2 back would be the wish.

Some Dick and Damian interactions would be nice. Can't believe he hasn't met Bitewing!

2nd Tim getting a new name.
    Sadly Damian and dick aren't as close as they used to be.

While I love the new Direction Williamson is taking Damian it seems to have come at the cost of his connections.

I enjoy Connor, Rose and Flatline but Damian had other friends and advisers before.

I also don't like how much Williamson is whitewashing alfred and his relationship with Damian.

The Old goat sent Damian away to benefit Bruce and is the reason Damian's latest case of PTSD occurred.

He doesn't care about the Batkids and has always placed Bruce's welfare and welbeing high above theirs.

I don't like that DC is trying to just handwave his part in all of this.

Are we forgetting the conversation he had with Damian during TT? The Gaslighting was intense. Alfred wasn't a good man/person.

Incredible Member

Is it just me or was Damian written quite out of character in today's Superman son of kal-el issue?

His support was great, that's not the issue. Just the entire interaction and the way he was written were a bit off.

Fantastic Member

Well guys and gals, just read Batman Issue 119.

And....

spoilers:
    Maps makes a return appearance, and suits up with own her Robin costume. Finally! Now it's the waiting game for her and Damian to meet
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Is it just me or was Damian written quite out of character in today's Superman son of kal-el issue?

His support was great, that's not the issue. Just the entire interaction and the way he was written were a bit off.
    Dropped the book so I didn't read the whole issue but I did see the page where he congratulates Jon on the new boyfriend and...yeah, it felt off to me too. A little too informal for Damian. He kinda sounded more like Tim.

I mean I just chalk it up that Damian may act a bit more chill around Jon then anyone else. It is his best friend after all.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I saw someone saying that is CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT.. ahahahahaa. What a joke

Extraordinary Member

Sadly Damian and dick aren't as close as they used to be.

While I love the new Direction Williamson is taking Damian it seems to have come at the cost of his connections.

I enjoy Connor, Rose and Flatline but Damian had other friends and advisers before.

I also don't like how much Williamson is whitewashing alfred and his relationship with Damian.

The Old goat sent Damian away to benefit Bruce and is the reason Damian's latest case of PTSD occurred.

He doesn't care about the Batkids and has always placed Bruce's welfare and welbeing high above theirs.

I don't like that DC is trying to just handwave his part in all of this.

Are we forgetting the conversation he had with Damian during TT? The Gaslighting was intense. Alfred wasn't a good man/person.
    Why do you guys make statements like this? How do you know that. Damian is older and doesn’t need support and standby supervision as much doesn’t mean he isn’t as close with dick? Nothing has ever implied the deterioration or weakening of their relationship. Dick didn’t even get mad like he should when Damian killed wally for a second. They are good

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Why do you guys make statements like this? How do you know that. Damian is older and doesn’t need support and standby supervision as much doesn’t mean he isn’t as close with dick? Nothing has ever implied the deterioration or weakening of their relationship. Dick didn’t even get mad like he should when Damian killed wally for a second. They are good
    Damian doesn't need dick's supervision. That has nothing to do with closeness.
    Before damian ran off Dick had forgotten every encounter they had. That affected their relationship. The little chase and gift exchange doesn't mean that they are back as close as they were.

The fact that Dick has a pet and his brother who has a zoo doesn't know about it tells me that they are on the phone ever night.

Why would Dick get angry with Damian for stopping Wally's heart? Dick stood by and watched as their father taught 10 year old Damian that trick. That like saying Dick didn't get angry when Damian had a secret Jail.

Those are all part of the Batman play book they all learned from.

Dick would have been a hypocrite if he had gotten angry at Damian stopping Wally's heart.

#Damian doesn't need supervision and Damian doesn't know his older bro has a new pet.

Love these two images of Damian.

Happy New Year Damian fans. Of my favorite four DC characters, he is the only one who had an amazing 2021 and MAN I just can't get over how good it was for him. Here's hoping 2022 continues to show why he's the best!

Happy New Year to Damian and his fans .

-tt-

Happy New Year to everyone here