Page 95 of 193 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2895

Quote Originally Posted by OOPS View Post
    Or could they have consistently shown Damian to have interest at developmentally normal levels (whatever the gender) for decades. Damian expressed interest in Katana at 11. Dick teased him about Kara because of how Damian acted, and his body in the panels backed up the interest. In Teen Titans the "tension" was Djinn's interest and Damian's growing interest, along with Djinn and Crush's mutual interest.

More I don't think DC is pushing heteronomity in a family where: best friend-bi, older bother-bi, father-now bi, potential stepmother-bi, mother-polyamorous, new friend-asexual, aunt-gay, family friend-gay, family friend's brother-gay, sister-hinted to be gay...along with friend. Arch villians: Joker-bi, Harley-bi, Ivy-bi. Other older brother: hint of poly. Oldest brother has long term relationship with an alien, which Morrison recently pointed out would mean he was pansexual.

I guess my question would be, why can't Damian be straight and provide representation within his family?
    I missed that one.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I missed that one.
    It's not official yet. The Constantine one can be read as joking and playing along, the Ghost Maker one is him using the Catwoman method knowing that Ghost is attracted to him, and the Pride covers can be just because he's the owner of the books.

It never ceases to amaze me that people have a headcanon on a character and get upset when their headcanon doesn't come true.
    The simple truth is that since Damian is a fictional character owned by a corporation he can have whatever sexuality DC wants.
    I am sure that in years to come he will be bisexual and this will make all the weirdos obsessed with assigning him a specific sexuality very angry.
    Last edited by delaviux; 05-20-2022 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    It's not official yet. The Constantine one can be read as joking and playing along, the Ghost Maker one is him using the Catwoman method knowing that Ghost is attracted to him, and the Pride covers can be just because he's the owner of the books.
    Ah, I see. But Joker bi? Tim, bi. Dick as "pan" for going for a very humanoid female, sure. Jason? Bi? Because he was friends with Roy?

And as for Talia... Can't say that I was a big fan of a normally prudish Talia (only wanting to be with Bruce or some other select person) suddenly showing up in King's Batman (that did disservice to a LOT of characters) with a harem of people in bed.
    Bane and Slade were not by choice, and its best for everyone to erase the JasonxTalia thing that happened.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Him liking anyone is a bad thing. Heteronormativity is the word I wanted to use, but I could find a way to write the sentence without misusing it. Heteronormativity is when heterosexuality is treated as the default and everything else is seen as a deviation. Giving Damian a female love interest when he shouldn't have a love interest is forcing heterosexuality on him when for 15 years he hasn't shown any interest in anybody.
    Your like 10 years too late on this tho especially after those films did the Damian and Raven.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Your like 10 years too late on this tho especially after those films did the Damian and Raven.
    Why do I care what the animated movies did? They are their own thing separate from the comics, the thing I do care about.

Quote Originally Posted by delaviux View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me that people have a headcanon on a character and get upset when their headcanon doesn't come true.
    The simple truth is that since Damian is a fictional character owned by a corporation he can have whatever sexuality DC wants.
    I am sure that in years to come he will be bisexual and this will make all the weirdos obsessed with assigning him a specific sexuality very angry.
    It's not a headcanon when it's in the text of the comics.

Extraordinary Member

Why do I care what the animated movies did? They are their own thing separate from the comics, the thing I do care about.
    Becuase those things tend to permanently influence comics decades to comes.

Extraordinary Member

But him showing interest in women and wanting to act on those feelings are also in the text
    Damian may end up being bi or pansexual but we’re way past the possibility of asexuality, at least in the prime universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    But him showing interest in women and wanting to act on those feelings are also in the text
    So is Damian having blue eyes. All of those instances of Damian seemingly having an interest in relationships are disparate and not at all consistent with each other, while his disinterest in relationships is a consistent thread that has survived 3 different decades, many different writers who both love and hate him, and several regime changes. I applaud DC's consistency on that front and hold them to account when they deviate from the rules they set for themselves.

Damian may end up being bi or pansexual but we’re way past the possibility of asexuality, at least in the prime universe.
    You're never past asexuality. Sexuality is fluid and can change at any time.
    Last edited by garazza; 05-20-2022 at 04:53 PM.

Incredible Member

What comic text stated Damian was Asexual? Additionally, comic text also quite clearly states he has found women attractive. Feels like your picking what ever favors your head canon.

Not seeing how you can accept that "sexuality is fluid and can change at any time" yet find it unacceptable that at 14 Damian is developing an attraction towards the opposite gender.
    Last edited by Iclifton; 05-20-2022 at 05:04 PM.

My contribution will be: I don't like the sociable Damian.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Ah, I see. But Joker bi? Tim, bi. Dick as "pan" for going for a very humanoid female, sure. Jason? Bi? Because he was friends with Roy?

And as for Talia... Can't say that I was a big fan of a normally prudish Talia (only wanting to be with Bruce or some other select person) suddenly showing up in King's Batman (that did disservice to a LOT of characters) with a harem of people in bed.
    Bane and Slade were not by choice, and its best for everyone to erase the JasonxTalia thing that happened.
    Joker's a troll, it's common knowledge that he's into Batman to the point where people asks questions, and In Get Joker he wanted Jason to strip after Harley, so Idk when his trolling stops. Nothing official.
    Jason the only hint was when Judd Winnick was asked about UTRH and he answered there are things he can't say or not allowed by DC, so even if it's true it's only inform how Winnick is writing him.
    As for alien pan, it's only when the alien doesn't have humanoid body parts in reference to Hal doing it with nurse whatshername that's not humanoid, so Starfire would only count if she has a tentacle pussy or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Joker's a troll, it's common knowledge that he's into Batman to the point where people asks questions, and In Get Joker he wanted Jason to strip after Harley, so Idk when his trolling stops. Nothing official.
    Jason the only hint was when Judd Winnick was asked about UTRH and he answered there are things he can't say or not allowed by DC, so even if it's true it's only inform how Winnick is writing him.
    As for alien pan, it's only when the alien doesn't have humanoid body parts in reference to Hal doing it with nurse whatshername that's not humanoid, so Starfire would only count if she has a tentacle pussy or something.
    As a degenerate that knows the dark reaches of hentai... No comment.

Fantastic Member

He was prepubescent. Prepubescents are normally asexual. Unless they are being sexually abused. However, given that Tallant was possibly aro-ace, Damian might be as well. Although it could be that a post apocalyptic world is a terrible mating scene.

We do know that there are multiple versions of adult Damian shown in romantic relationships with women, as well as another alternate self in Ibn who is happily married and hetero-monogamous.

There isn't much evidence he's ace outside 666, or gay at all.