Page 120 of 193 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 2895

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Art by writingtheworks

https://writingtheworks.tumblr.com/p...e-this-team-dc
    Suren Darga (villain from Robin: Son of Batman), Impulse (Irey West), Batgirl (Nell Little, from a possible future in which Steph is Nightwing seen at the end of her 2009 Batgirl series)
    Speedy (Lian Harper), Colin Wilkes, Beacon (Kathy Branden, from Superman Rebirth), Mar'i Grayson (AU daughter of Dick and Starfire)
    Nobody, Robin, Superboy.
    Mar'i, while I have no issue existing, I find to be questionable to be Damian's age. Younger, sure. Same age, odd. But if an AU transplant, I guess. It would make Damian look at Dick expectingly, wanting a baby niece to dote on.

Does Damian see Dick Grayson as a older brother or more so as a younger uncle? During their time as Batman and Robin they did seem to have a dynamic similar to the one Bruce and Dick had.

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Does Damian see Dick Grayson as a older brother or more so as a younger uncle? During their time as Batman and Robin they did seem to have a dynamic similar to the one Bruce and Dick had.
    I think they mirror Bruce and Dick. Dick is officially his brother but their relationship is more than that. He also a surrogate father to Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    A little spoiler from Robin #15.
    spoilers:
    Damian leaves both Bruce and Talia behind, claiming, that he wants to find his own path. Basically, it's another confirmation, that currently DC prefers Damian to be far away from Bruce, Bat-Family and Gotham.
    end of spoilers
    That just ends up making Bruce look like a shitty father and one who unnaturally hates Damian in particular.

Bruce has many kids but he goes out of his way to be extremely uncaring towards Damian his youngest and the one who needs his love and guidance more so than the others because of his background.

Is Bruce treating Damian so unfairly because he hates his mother so much?
    I'd love another story where Social services investigates Bruce Wayne and his home for unfortunate kids.

spoilers:
    Damian leaves both Bruce and Talia behind, claiming, that he wants to find his own path. Basically, it's another confirmation, that currently DC prefers Damian to be far away from Bruce, Bat-Family and Gotham.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Ugh. I'm glad that we're finally back at a point where he gets along with both of his parents, but I really hate how it seems like he'll continue distancing himself from the Batfamily. I was hoping this run would lead to him coming back into the fold, but I guess that's gonna be off the table for a while. They need Damian out of way so they can keep Tim in the role he should have left a long time ago, after all.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Not surprised about it... Tim should be one of the reasons. Like why we probably lost ROBIN comic.

Hoping that he can have a Comic again after this Bat vs Robin mini

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Or they want to give him space and he Tim in his own book so when they bring in the new Robin Damian Fans won't have the same "WTF" moment that Tim fans had.

Were due for a new Robin soon I think.

Spectacular Member

I hope not. Bruce hasn't exactly been a good partner for Damian or been a great father. It would seem really odd to add another child soldier given his track record over the last few years, verging on child harm.

I know folks want another box checked, but the timing would be off until there is an actual resolution with Damian. But either way, it will mean Red Hood level sales for Damian if he were spun off from Bruce Batman. Nothing else is really selling for DC.

I'd rather they add a new Robin to I Am Batman, get the press, and leave Damian's sales alone. The sales for I Am Batman could only be enhanced by a likable character.
    Last edited by OOPS; 06-27-2022 at 03:47 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

It's possible BC is just taking that Robin 15 panel out of context..

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Or they want to give him space and he Tim in his own book so when they bring in the new Robin Damian Fans won't have the same "WTF" moment that Tim fans had.

Were due for a new Robin soon I think.
    Do you not read comics?

What do yo mean when they bring in the new Robin? Do you mean Tim who is going to be the new Robin?

When they bring in the new Robin so Damian fans don't have the same WEF moment the Tim fans had?

You mean like how when Duke was introduced as the new side kick, Damian fans were chill while Tim fans went ballistic harrassing the poor character and his fans being racist as hell.

Please stop.

Do you mean like how Damian fans went WtF when Maps showed up working as Robin next to Batman? They didn't.

Damian fans are not Tim fans.

Damian has been replaced many times. His fans rolled with it This has nothing to do with Damian and his fans.

We already know that Tim is the new Robin next to Batman. We already know that Chip picked him because he is his Favourite so it's unlikely Chip will be introducing a new Robin.
    Last edited by Fergus; 06-27-2022 at 08:39 AM.

As both a Damian and a Tim fan, I gotta say I'm not happy about this current arrangement for either of them. Tim especially. But then...I've kinda gotten used to Tim being misused for the past 10 or so years XD

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    As both a Damian and a Tim fan, I gotta say I'm not happy about this current arrangement for either of them. Tim especially. But then...I've kinda gotten used to Tim being misused for the past 10 or so years XD
    Curious, how has Tim being misused? He was part of a ream [TT, YJ, GK], he was an independent hero tackling a mystery [RR], He was a replacement Batman [Batman Beyond] and he was working next to Batman [Rebirth Tec] supporting Nightwing [Nightwing]

Pretty much used in ways that fans often envision for the character and ways he has always been used in his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Curious, how has Tim being misused? He was part of a ream [TT, YJ, GK], he was an independent hero tackling a mystery [RR], He was a replacement Batman [Batman Beyond] and he was working next to Batman [Rebirth Tec] supporting Nightwing [Nightwing]

Pretty much used in ways that fans often envision for the character and ways he has always been used in his prime.
    For me, the New 52 just completely ruined Tim (aside from that kickass costume) and he's yet to really bounce back from it. At least in terms of being the character that I loved before Flashpoint. I can't even put my finger on what specifically happened to him but despite him getting shoved into virtually every hole and every spotlight that he could possibly be shoved into (right down to replacing his replacement as Bruce's Robin) I can't really name too many times where I thought he was...well...as great as he was, Pre-Flashpoint.

It's like a less extreme version of the issues I have with Jon right now. Hyped to hell and back and showing up everywhere...and yet as characters, they both still feel so hollow...Easily the stalest, most milquetoast members of their respective families.

Tim's felt like such a nothing character to me for so long. Which really hurts when he used to be my favorite Robin. This stuff with Bernard has helped a little. But even then it feels less like Tim, himself, has become interesting again and more like the situation that Tim's in is interesting. If that makes sense. I consider Rebirth to be when Post-Flashpoint Tim was at his best. And that's not great considering he was missing (thought to be dead) for a good chunk of that era. But when he was around in Tec, I liked him. He kinda felt like the old Tim to me. I wish they had followed through with where he was at by the end of that period. Going off to college with Steph. Getting out from under Bruce and Gotham. Actually feeling like he was growing up and moving forward as a character for what felt like the first time in forever.
    Last edited by Blue22; 06-27-2022 at 11:42 AM.

I don't think we need a new Robin, but looking at how DC is aging up some kids right now (Jon, Lian), they might as well age up Damian and separate him from Batman. All those two do is fight with each other, it's the only thing most of the Batman writers can come up with. This is why I personally always liked Dick's Batman with Damian over whatever they have tried with Bruce and Damian. Tim however seems to be forever stuck at 16ish and not allowed to move on, which means Damian is now stuck in an awkward position but who knows, maybe DC has a plan for once and aren't just throwing random stuff at the wall to see what sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I don't think we need a new Robin, but looking at how DC is aging up some kids right now (Jon, Lian), they might as well age up Damian and separate him from Batman. All those two do is fight with each other, it's the only thing most of the Batman writers can come up with. This is why I personally always liked Dick's Batman with Damian over whatever they have tried with Bruce and Damian. Tim however seems to be forever stuck at 16ish and not allowed to move on, which means Damian is now stuck in an awkward position but who knows, maybe DC has a plan for once and aren't just throwing random stuff at the wall to see what sticks.
    Not all writers. I find it interesting that the writer who have consistently given us Bruce and Damian that work as a unit. the only ones who haven't restored to pitting each against the other are Snyder and Tynion. Two writers who don't care for the character.

Tynion even gave 2 volumes that show that contrary to popular belief, Bruce and Damian does work as a typical dynamic duo.

I wonder why they are reluctant to age up Tim and co? unlike Damian aging Tim up doesn't have any impact on the big guns [Bruce and Clark]

It's insane to me that Jon Kent is now older than Tim.