Page 185 of 193 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 2895

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Eh. Dick, Jason and Tim are white cuz they're supposed to be Batman's son. Just look at how Tim is written in the Golden Age stories.

Duke gets **** cuz he debuted when Damian came back from the dead and readers actually liked him for once.

Not even Bluebird caught on.
    Duke got **** mainly from tim fans who saw him as too similar to Tim not Damian fans.

The real obstacle that stopped Duke from becoming a full Robin was WB. DC, Morrison and Snyder were all set to have Duke take up the mantle once Morrison wrapped their run and put his toys back in the box but WB insisted that Damian be brought back.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Education Study?? and about Sidekicks.

If she was that interested in the girls why mention these 2(dick and damian) and not focus in them? and inform better..
    This person apparently does not know about HELENA WAYNE. She should be her father successor in her universe.
    And Cass is a good option to be Bats sucessor too.. She is more Skilled than Batman.

and not less important the Batfamily has Barbara(ORACLE) in their files..

All this "Whiteness" and "Masculinity" nonsense... I feel like if this person was waiting for something completely Different.
    It does focus on Males as well. Dick gets the most focus followed by Carrie then Steph.

It makes some really solid points and looking at it again, it does mention that Damian is mixed but is white passing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    The study dies nake some really good points about Duke and the female Robins. They are treated differently.
    Because they are Different.

Duke was never "the" Robin. So he is not treated as one. His creator wanted him to be, but that doesn't really make him one.

Steph was only made Robin to set War Games in motion. There would have been no "straight white male" Batfamily member to do that, unless DC would have been willing to throw a character that can successfully sell books (meaning Dick or Tim) under the Bus or to specifically create one for this purpose.
    She was meant to fail from the start, and that's something that's not so uncommon for temporary replacements (Knightfall being an example for that).

Carrie is an elseworld Character, who's creator doesn't want any other writer to touch her.
    Last edited by Aahz; 12-01-2022 at 11:36 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Duke got **** mainly from tim fans who saw him as too similar to Tim not Damian fans.

The real obstacle that stopped Duke from becoming a full Robin was WB. DC, Morrison and Snyder were all set to have Duke take up the mantle once Morrison wrapped their run and put his toys back in the box but WB insisted that Damian be brought back.
    That son of batman movie did very well. It would have been a waste to remoove him

Damian Wayne The Ally

Damian's words here are sad since his own father doesn't exactly like Damian being himself. Damian has felt the heavy burden of expectations that he's struggled and failed to live up to.

Talia had his life and future mapped out even before he was born.
    His grandfather Ra's had his own expectations for who Damian would become and what his purpose was.

Bruce loves Damian as a son but he also admitted he doesn't like him. Damian often falls short of Both his parents expectations and Bruce certainly disapproves of Damian being hinself [Talia did for a while too]

Damian knows what it's like to not be allowed to be yourself. Knows what it's like not being accepted for who he is so I'm glad they didn't make him intolerant.
    Last edited by dietrich; 12-02-2022 at 12:28 PM.

I really like the emphasis on Damian being very accepting. A hardcore ally.

Was it Warner the one who demanded Damian gets resurrected? TIL. I'm guessing it was due to the DCAMU?

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

I really like the emphasis on Damian being very accepting. A hardcore ally.
    Okay where is this one from?

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    Was it Warner the one who demanded Damian gets resurrected? TIL. I'm guessing it was due to the DCAMU?
    I heard it before here... Perhaps is true.
    Thanks again WB. Without Damian perhaps I would not be reading comics in this point. Since the Bat who Laughs madness(DC made me really hate him) that I am reading less.

Even if it looked WEIRD replace the current Robin by someone older I must admit that I was worried about Damian fate some years ago.. Snyder Duke propaganda worried me. I thought that he would make the ROBIN concept disappear. Like if it was not necessary anymore.
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-03-2022 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    A special. Although short, it was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    Yeah, according to Snyder everything was set for Duke to be introduced as the new partner for Batman but then WB sent an email overruling the decision. They demanded that Morrison leave a way for Damian to return.

DC and Morrison always had the agreement that he was going to kill off Damian at the end of his run. They thought that no way would DC allow Batman to have an in continuity bio kid. It was a big change [similar to the Bat marriage rule. It was considered something that was only for elseworld stories]

Morrison additionally felt like Damian messed up continuity [according to Morrison]

Morrison later revealed that Scott Snyder likes a solo Batman not being a fan of Robin. He considered the concept irresponsible. Something Batman would never do. Tomasi also confirmed at a con that Snyder wasn't a fan of child sidekicks.

so they brought damian back but put him under the superman editorial office so Snyder had the freedom to create the type of stories he wanted to tell without having to feel the need to find use for the character in his run.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    The recent Saved By Belle Reve Anthology.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I heard it before here... Perhaps is true.
    Thanks again WB. Without Damian perhaps I would not be reading comics in this point. Since the Bat who Laughs madness(DC made me really hate him) that I am reading less.

Even if it looked WEIRD replace the current Robin by someone older I must admit that I was worried about Damian fate some years ago.. Snyder Duke propaganda worried me. I thought that he would make the ROBIN concept disappear. Like if it was not necessary anymore.
    Not sure what you mean by Duke Propaganda. Writers are allowed to create their own characters. If you are talking about the Robin doesn't need Batman and Better than Robin quote. That was an in story reason to explain why Duke didn't become Robin.

Duke was Batman's sidekick and Bat sidekicks are normally Robins.