Page 98 of 193 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2895

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Ideally I'd love for Gleason to return.
    I think the same.. We lost a lot when he left.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I don't think another run by Tomasi would be bad, I just would rather see someone new. I'm not doubting his ability to write a good story at all, he is a great writer.
    Guess I'm not as tired of the man's writing as others are. He's one of those guys I'll read anything by him.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Ideally I'd love for Gleason to return.
    It's DC's fault for him leaving for always shooting down his ideas.

Yeah, he had to fight tooth and nail for his ideas. But after getting kicked from Superman for Bendis, I guess that was the last straw.

I think Damian was at his absolute best under Tomasi and Gleason, but I doubt we'll be getting either of them back. I'm not really sure who I'd want to handle him next. A little over a year ago I would have said Tom Taylor, but I'm kinda starting to lose faith him after the way SoKE's been going and...hell, even his Nightwing run is starting to lose me after I'd spent SO much time praising the **** out of it.

Is Gail Simone currently doing anything? A Damian book by her might be pretty cool.

As for Williamson's departure, I'm....mixed. I'm sad to see him go because I appreciate how he got the ball rolling for Damian again when the character was at the lowest point he'd been at since his death. I really REALLY enjoyed the first arc of his run...But I was starting to enjoy it a little less towards the end and I'm just straight up hating Shadow War so far. Also not a fan of him leaving before making good on what he said before about Maya and Damian's other past friends making a comeback. I was really looking forward to seeing her and Colin and again.
    Last edited by Blue22; 05-22-2022 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah, he had to fight tooth and nail for his ideas. But after getting kicked from Superman for Bendis, I guess that was the last straw.
    REALLY??? Poor Gleason.

A GREAT ONE left that day because DC is Stupid

I tried to read both Superman and Action Comics with BENDIS and I did not like them too much..

The only favour that he made me was one Tim&Steph moment(even if I do not ship them) because he used her better than others... Because I still hate the BABY HITLER thing that he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I think Damian was at his absolute best under Tomasi and Gleason, but I doubt we'll be getting either of them back. I'm not really sure who I'd want to handle him next. A little over a year ago I would have said Tom Taylor, but I'm kinda starting to lose faith him after the way SoKE's been going and...hell, even his Nightwing run is starting to lose me after I'd spent SO much time praising the **** out of it.
    Really? I heard some time ago that Nightwing was Good..

See people starting lose faith in Taylor is bad for Damian with Williamson leaving

I will miss Damian group if we start since 0
    (situation that I see likely) with the new writer but... I will accept it as long as the comic is readable and not make us regret about Williamson leaving.

As for Williamson's departure, I'm....mixed. I'm sad to see him go because I appreciate how he got the ball rolling for Damian again when the character was at the lowest point he'd been at since his death. I really REALLY enjoyed the first arc of his run...But I was starting to enjoy it a little less towards the end and I'm just straight up hating Shadow War so far. Also not a fan of him leaving before making good on what he said before about Maya and Damian's other past friends making a comeback. I was really looking forward to seeing her and Colin and again.
    Williamson planned to be here 2 YEARS according what I heard and... as we see he will leave before.. Probably for this Maya was unlucky again.

Similar to Gleason with RSOB. He planned continue in that comic for more time but... Rebirth ruined it.. If I am not wrong Gleason said in its moment that he planned 2 more arcs and that probably we would learn more about Maya. What never happened.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-22-2022 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

Really? I heard some time ago that Nightwing was Good..

See people starting lose faith in Taylor is bad for Damian with Williamson leaving
    His Nightwing did start out REALLY good. But it lost a lot of steam during the Fear State event and just hasn't been able to pick back up. Not helped by the fact that we're all these issues in and the guy who's supposed to be the main villain is only JUST NOW starting to do something.

IDK. To me it's starting to show all the problems I've had with SoKE from the beginning. A lot of fanservice and unnecessary crossovers, but not really much in the way of an actual story. All flash and no substance. This run's also kinda making me dislike DickBabs, after spending all my life not really caring about whether or not Dick ends up with her or Kory.
    Last edited by Blue22; 05-22-2022 at 02:14 PM.

His Nightwing did start out REALLY good. But it lost a lot of steam during the Fear State event and just hasn't been able to pick back up. Not helped by the fact that we're all these issues in and the guy who's supposed to be the main villain is only JUST NOW starting to do something.

IDK. To me it's starting to show all the problems I've had with SoKE from the beginning. A lot of fanservice and unnecessary crossovers, but not really much in the way of an actual story. All flash and no substance. This run's also kinda making me dislike DickBabs, after spending all my life not really caring about whether or not Dick ends up with her or Kory.
    I'll be honest, I want a main universe version of Mar'i.

Fantastic Member

Is Gail Simone currently doing anything? A Damian book by her might be pretty cool.

Gail Simone should be kept as far away from non-white characters as possible. I'm white, and even I noticed how she's HP Lovecraft levels racist. Especially with how she treats Asian characters. I know most DC writers are bad like that, but Simone is so blatant it makes me feel filthy.

What they did to Cassandra Cain after her series to prop up Tim Drake was as bad, but I regularly am grateful Cass evaded Simone's pen. Having her work on one of DC'S most prominent mixed race characters who the editors really want to be turned into an irredeemable villain seems like the worst idea ever.

Oh. This is definitely my first time hearing about this. What did Gail do? O____O

My only exposure to her (as far as I'm aware. I've been known to read comics without knowing who wrote them lol) are her original Birds of Prey run and her New 52 Batgirl run.
    Last edited by Blue22; 05-22-2022 at 06:02 PM.

His Nightwing did start out REALLY good. But it lost a lot of steam during the Fear State event and just hasn't been able to pick back up. Not helped by the fact that we're all these issues in and the guy who's supposed to be the main villain is only JUST NOW starting to do something..
    I see... Bad thing..

I see. Abuse of Fanservice and Crossovers is a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    Gail Simone should be kept as far away from non-white characters as possible. I'm white, and even I noticed how she's HP Lovecraft levels racist. Especially with how she treats Asian characters. I know most DC writers are bad like that, but Simone is so blatant it makes me feel filthy.

What they did to Cassandra Cain after her series to prop up Tim Drake was as bad, but I regularly am grateful Cass evaded Simone's pen. Having her work on one of DC'S most prominent mixed race characters who the editors really want to be turned into an irredeemable villain seems like the worst idea ever.
    Why I am not surprised that the list of writers that can touch Damian is that small?

DAMN. That sounds Bad. I like Cass.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-23-2022 at 12:20 AM.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

I'm very confused on the Gail thing? Is this about the whole idea of Cassandra going on a spiritual path?

Regarding Damian maturing, from what I've seen, he has shown a romantic interest in girls (Kara for example) but never displayed a desire for sexual connections. However asexuality does not mean he is aromantic. In this sense he might like to have a romantic attraction for a girl (holding hands, hugging, cuddling, kissing, etc.) but not want to have sex with her. Now, honestly you don't need to put a label on him, and I honestly wouldn't yet, but he can be asexual without being aromantic, being one does not mean you are the other automatically. I always assumed Vandal Savage was both, and only had his daughters for heir reasons, for example.

For writers other than Waid, Tomasi or Gleason,
    Peter David would be a good option.
    G, willow Wilson, see Ms. Marvel run
    Dan Jurgen would be nice
    How about Amanda conner.
    Marie Lu (x23 writer)
    Former writer of XForce
    Marjorie Taylor Scott (Transformers)

Just off the top of my head.

How many of them are still on good terms with DC?

Astonishing Member

Jurgens for sure. The rest, well, no idea, but we have to keep in mind that things changed after DiDio had left, Waid is clear example of that.

For writers other than Waid, Tomasi or Gleason,
    Peter David would be a good option.
    G, willow Wilson, see Ms. Marvel run
    Dan Jurgen would be nice
    How about Amanda conner.
    Marie Lu (x23 writer)
    Former writer of XForce
    Marjorie Taylor Scott (Transformers)
    Sadly if what I listened about GLEASON is right I canīt see him returning.. DAMN. I canīt believe that for Bendis fault I lost him.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    I'm very confused on the Gail thing? Is this about the whole idea of Cassandra going on a spiritual path?

Regarding Damian maturing, from what I've seen, he has shown a romantic interest in girls (Kara for example) but never displayed a desire for sexual connections. However asexuality does not mean he is aromantic. In this sense he might like to have a romantic attraction for a girl (holding hands, hugging, cuddling, kissing, etc.) but not want to have sex with her. Now, honestly you don't need to put a label on him, and I honestly wouldn't yet, but he can be asexual without being aromantic, being one does not mean you are the other automatically. I always assumed Vandal Savage was both, and only had his daughters for heir reasons, for example.
    Knowing Who is Damian I would see weird see him acting like other Normal Guys who had been living all life with a normal father and mother..

About sexual connections.. 14 years teens are too young to think in that.. it horrifies me listen sometimes about girls who are really young(15 years for example) being pregnant.

Anyway he is not Stupid about that. He is OR WAS a little opened to sex(someday) when he even had in mind have children...Sadly he knows that both families are CURSED and in this moment not interested in have children knowing that Maybe is Doomed to repeat the Alghul mistakes.

Damian vs Talia.jpg
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-24-2022 at 02:19 AM.