Page 17 of 193 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Does this mean that Damian has latent magic ability?!!!! Or the very least potential?

I had always hoped. This opens up so many doors for him to explore

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Does this mean that Damian has latent magic ability?!!!! Or the very least potential?

His blood can protect from an actively erupting volcano and allow him to breathe inside lava. It's a safe bet that Damian has abilities.

And that's just one example from Robin SOB. There are several in recent canon showing that Damian (and Talia pre-Morrison) has non standard human abilities.

I think that say that he has Demon Blood is say that has Al Ghul family blood.. Nothing more.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I think that say that he has Demon Blood is say that has Al Ghul family blood.. Nothing more.
    So the magic that mother soul is using is what?

Didn't Ra's leave her on that island with a magic demon book? (which was a REALLY stupid move on his part)

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

I really like the idea of Damian having magical abilities but I fear that might make him too OP.

He already is pretty powerful for a non meta. know it's like a batfam thing to be kinda Stuish but still.

Like the bit of expansion of the Al Ghul's we got but the highlight of the week was Superman and Robin.

I've missed Tomasi handling these two.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I really like the idea of Damian having magical abilities but I fear that might make him too OP.

He already is pretty powerful for a non meta. know it's like a batfam thing to be kinda Stuish but still.
    No more op then his dad no need to worry.

They still haven't explained where the **** he got that magic wand that he used against Gotham Girl. And something tells me they never will.

It depends on exactly what he can do and how it's implemented, but I am leaning more on the side of being okay with him having some kind of magic power. Kinda like Jason's All-Blades. I remember someone on here suggesting he have some, like, green flamed fists or something, like Danny Rand. That might be pretty cool. Some sort of low-level chi manipulation maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    They still haven't explained where the **** he got that magic wand that he used against Gotham Girl. And something tells me they never will.

It depends on exactly what he can do and how it's implemented, but I am leaning more on the side of being okay with him having some kind of magic power. Kinda like Jason's All-Blades. I remember someone on here suggesting he have some, like, green flamed fists or something, like Danny Rand. That might be pretty cool. Some sort of low-level chi manipulation maybe.
    The wand was from The Witch Boy according to Damian.

If that's the case then the question is now: When and how did he talk to Klarion? There's a whole story here that we're missing just for one page of Tom King ass-pulling fuckery XD

If that's the case then the question is now: When and how did he talk to Klarion? There's a whole story here that we're missing just for one page of Tom King ass-pulling fuckery XD
    Boy what wouldn't I give to read that story

Damian and Klarion. Imagine the back and forth between those two.

Ight.

spoilers:
    Really cool seeing Williamson expand the al Ghul mythos. I expected to spend more time in the past, but I was delightfully surprised with what we got. However, upon re-reading, I'm pretty sure Williamson took this as the opportunity to set up elements that would've otherwise been in a tie-in for Shadow War if Shadow War did have tie-ins.

With the whole talk of blood, I'm starting to realize how special Damian is. Like, just about every member of the Batfamily is an original creation whose backstory had to made from scratch, but Damian is the creation of two already well-established characters, so his backstory isn't something additive like the others, but his is firmly entrenched in continuity. He didn't come from nowhere, he came from somewhere.

Better still, the background he does come from is something significant and well-known while also vague enough that allows for further expansion, if desired. 10+ years after his creation, Damian still has hidden depths that can be explored and that's all because of his background and where he comes from.
    end of spoilers

I do not know..

But apparently Ra´s does not like Magic. So I can not see his descendance using magic.

Fantastic Member

The wand was from The Witch Boy according to Damian.
    You know what, I'd want to see Klarion and Damian teaming up just like their Earth 11 counter-parts.

As for the thing with Damian and magic?

Eh his background fits enough to be the Batfamily associated with magic, aside from Bruce and Zatanna.

But I don't want him to be fully magic, that's way too OP, something like....something small but useful like the Eagle Vision from the Assassin's Creed games. It's not much but useful