Page 171 of 193 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 2895

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    It was, admittedly, a little over the top, but I live for touching family moments like this and I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for Talia to occasionally let her maternal instincts get the better of her. So it gets a pass for me. And it's honestly a side of her I wish I could see more of. I like the idea of Damian being the one she can't resist showing weakness around. Especially after all the ups and downs their relationship has had.

Though I did find it funny how she dangled the dead Robins over Bruce's head, as if she wasn't directly responsible for the death of the Robin she cares about the most.

One. The answer is one, Talia. And it wasn't even your kid.
    how is it that these writers don't know their own canon? The fact that Damian wasn't brought back via the pits is kind of a big deal. or is she talking about the Pit on Lazarus island?

Yeah as much as I loved this short story, overall, that line still gets me. Like...if this isn't meant to be canon than maybe tell us how many Robins she's brought back with the pits. Because, as far as the reader is aware (and as far as the writer should be aware) she only ever did this for Jason. Once.

And again, she's kinda glossing over the time Damian died, the role she played in it, and who brought him back. I know Bruce was supposed to be the bigger person in this but damn. You could have at least mentioned that little detail. And then there's this....

Yes she did! Her death wasn't that long after Damian's!

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Talia's relationship with Jason highlights just how much of a **** mother she is to Damian and to Jason considering she tried to seduce him and used him. Her connections to Jason make her a child molester and people rage on Morrison.
    Didn't that little bit of...unfortunateness...go the way of "Talia roofied Batman"? i.e: Retconned?

Don't know for sure but I coulda sworn that hasn't been in canon in a very long time.

Though that still hasn't stopped all the weird "Jason is Damian's real father" fanfics that I've seen over the years -___-
    Last edited by Blue22; 10-12-2022 at 05:59 AM.

Once again, fanfics do a better job. As did Young Justice when they had Jason act as Talia's and Damian's bodyguard. For fanfics, they depict Talia as flawed, but caring and sending both away together (sometimes with Mara when she's remembered).

The seduction thing went out the window in New52 (and hasn't been changed to my knowledge), so that's one thing gone at least.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Once again, fanfics do a better job. As did Young Justice when they had Jason act as Talia's and Damian's bodyguard. For fanfics, they depict Talia as flawed, but caring and sending both away together (sometimes with Mara when she's remembered).

The seduction thing went out the window in New52 (and hasn't been changed to my knowledge), so that's one thing gone at least.
    It went out the window?
    Like when erased her taking advantage of Bruce
    Or like how the HQ redubbed a line about turantula killing blockbuster to avoid reminding people about Nightwing rape

Thease things are never gone since they made it to print. Pretending like they didn’t happens doesn’t make them not happen. Talia is forever stained by thease actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It went out the window?
    Like when erased her taking advantage of Bruce
    Or like how the HQ redubbed a line about turantula killing blockbuster to avoid reminding people about Nightwing rape

Thease things are never gone since they made it to print. Pretending like they didn’t happens doesn’t make them not happen. Talia is forever stained by thease actions.
    Only because you guys love to cling to racist writing.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    how is it that these writers don't know their own canon? The fact that Damian wasn't brought back via the pits is kind of a big deal. or is she talking about the Pit on Lazarus island?
    Funny coming from a guy who regularly defends a writer (Morrison) who got basically everything established about the Al Ghuls wrong to twist them into their racist stereotype.

Also, what kind of thinking is that. "Welp, we fucked up these characters, guess we have to continue to **** them up forever now. Let's not take advantage of a medium that constantly rewrites its canon. Yep, sounds logical."

Well damn. What's with the hostility all of a sudden? O__O

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Funny coming from a guy who regularly defends a writer (Morrison) who got basically everything established about the Al Ghuls wrong to twist them into their racist stereotype.
    Look. I don't often have problems with retcons.

However, this story about Talia extremely worried about Damian being hurt and wanting to take him away so that he is not hurt anymore doesn't make a lot sense even in the most positive interpretations from Talia.

Unless the new retcon is that Talia is no longer part of the Assassins League and her new home is a pretty safe place.

Extraordinary Member

Only because you guys love to cling to racist writing.
    you guys who guys where
    whatchutalkin about?

is it a racial sterotype that arabic women drug men ? or are you referring to the ignorace of Devin Gryason I dont get the statement , I'm also not defending the actions or writing but rather then ignore then they shoud be adressed by the chracters and used to moove forward. If they want talia to be force for good or anti hero let her repent work through it. Like harley.
    Slade doesnt get to be absolved of his crimes why should she.

The Al ghul's were a Racist stereotype long before Morrison arrived at DC and we have the comics to prove this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    you guys who guys where
    whatchutalkin about?

is it a racial sterotype that arabic women drug men ? or are you referring to the ignorace of Devin Gryason I dont get the statement , I'm also not defending the actions or writing but rather then ignore then they shoud be adressed by the chracters and used to moove forward. If they want talia to be force for good or anti hero let her repent work through it. Like harley.
    Slade doesnt get to be absolved of his crimes why should she.
    Agreed. Retcons haven't worked. It's better to tackle these problematic takes instory. Reframe/explain/alter/do damage control in print.

Don't just ignore or try to pretend it never happened. You need something in print that fans can pull up whenever these damaging arcs are brought up.

I think that retcons work when you have strong editors with a clear vision on what they want to do. We don't really have this currently.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think that retcons work when you have strong editors with a clear vision on what they want to do. We don't really have this currently.
    the problem with that is the next one doest honor the changes and growth just to reset

So according to this guy Robin is getting relaunched.