Page 191 of 193 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193 LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 2895

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    It's not like the Damian content we were getting was what Damian fans actually wanted.
    Wouldn't be suprised if DC thought not giving us content for a month wouldn't be a problem since, hey, Damian fans just got Waid writing him in an important story, right?
    Only for Waid to do nothing exciting with him so far.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    It's not like the Damian content we were getting was what Damian fans actually wanted.
    what are you the ambassador of damian fans ?

just because he wasnt mentioned doesnt mean he isnt there. Solicits straights up lie all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    what are you the ambassador of damian fans ?

just because he wasnt mentioned doesnt mean he isnt there. Solicits straights up lie all the time
    Have you seen much excitement from Damian fans anywhere? I haven't. Positive reactions to Batman vs Robin have mostly been talking about how cool Batman is or how emotional it was to see Alfred and Bruce again.

Solicits don't really lie about character appearances though. They usually only make it sound like a mystery if the character is a nobody and bigger characters are mentioned in the solicitation to promote that issue.
    If Damian is in anything it's not going to be more than a cameo.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Have you seen much excitement from Damian fans anywhere? I haven't. Positive reactions to Batman vs Robin have mostly been talking about how cool Batman is or how emotional it was to see Alfred and Bruce again.

Solicits don't really lie about character appearances though. They usually only make it sound like a mystery if the character is a nobody and bigger characters are mentioned in the solicitation to promote that issue.
    If Damian is in anything it's not going to be more than a cameo.
    How can I know what you have and haven’t seen I’m not you but I know your not omnipresent
    It’s rare we can say somthing is just universally disliked.

Damian direction of the last year has been leagues better then his titans lead run time. He’s not in the best of positions but this ain’t a ric Grayson era or heroes in crisis

How can I know what you have and haven’t seen I’m not you but I know your not omnipresent

Damian direction of the last year has been leagues better then his titans lead run time. He’s not in the best of positions but this ain’t a ric Grayson era or heroes in crisis
    I think if there was any social media site where Damian fans talk excitedly about how Damian has been written by Waid so far I would have noticed.

I don't believe in liking something just because it's not a total disaster like Teen Titans by Glass and Thompson or Heroes in Crisis. If DC wants me to keep giving them my money they better start giving me something that's actually good Damian content.

No it's not ric Grayson era. It's worse. Damian forgets who he is or gets taken over by a demon as a tool to hurt another character. that's much worse.
    Ric era at least was still Dick's story. It was about him. Following him as he deals with memory loss.

It's not Heroes in crisis but Damian is still being blamed/retconned as the one responsible for killing a beloved character.

FYI

Saying that it's better than than a title where he acts like a different character for reasons.
    Walks back his growth for reasons
    Is portrayed as a suicide bomber and went to hell.

Isn't helping your argument.

Just because I was force fed faeces last week doesn't mean I should be okay with drinking piss this week.
    It's a **** situation.

I also haven't seen any Damian fans enjoying Batman v Robin . All I've heard is frustration. I'm sure some are but I think the fact that we are not discussing the each issue every week says a lot.

The fact that the direction happened after DC took away a great Robin series for more Damian being a bad seed who dropped of at the doorstep to disrupt Bruce's life plot didn't help the series.

Damian's fans were annoyed even before the first previews for Waid's BVR were released.

Doesn't help that Waid's other title World finest is miles better. Why couldn't we get something like that?
    Last edited by dietrich; 12-17-2022 at 03:17 AM.

So.... Is that bad or even worst than what Damian fanbase predicted.

When this Bat vs Robin will finish?

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    So.... Is that bad or even worst than what Damian fanbase predicted.

When this Bat vs Robin will finish?
    Depends. Right now it's just not an enjoyable read for Damian fans and it's simply not about him. Damian is a plot device. The pig from Monkey Prince even asks Damian what he gets out of this in issue #3 and even in his possessed state Damian has no answer. Be kid Batman over a scorched earth ruled by Mother Soul and Nezha? Doesn't sound reasonable, does it. He's there so Bruce has someone close to him to save, but it is rather lacking in the feelings department. Maybe don't start a story about a father rescuing his son with the father thinking exclusively bad things about the kid in question.

But so far Batman vs Robin is mostly just an annoyance. The real potential danger I see is DC trying to make Damian responsible for everyone transforming. DC already announced a new Doom Patrol book that will deal with all the people with new powers that were made into outcasts because of their transformations.

Waid gave us a pretty weak explanation for why Damian opened the tomb and even though they knew he was possessed characters kept talking as if it was Damian who was responsible for stuff like magic being all messed up and Damian needed to be stopped on "his rampage".

After weird retcons in the past acting as if Damian had forced Djinn into mind wiping people when he didn't force her or acting as if Damian's recklessnes had gotten Alfred killed when Damian had just followed Bruce's orders one simply can't trust DC not to use Damian as a scapegoat again.

Batman vs Robin #5 comes out in February after Lazarus Planet Omega.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 12-17-2022 at 07:04 AM.

All-New Member

As I've caught up with Batman vs Robin one thing I gotta say is if Damian does keep these powers he's been displaying throughout the books then he will be a huge problem.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeLightning View Post
    As I've caught up with Batman vs Robin one thing I gotta say is if Damian does keep these powers he's been displaying throughout the books then he will be a huge problem.
    Maybe, maybe not. This is the same kid whose blood let's him into active volcanoes, punches gods, has had ancient gods refer to him as cousin, invades hell, invaded heaven, and just saved the multiverse. Damian's a magical girl, complete with random costume changes on page with no explanation. He doesn't ever stop to think that he's god tier power level and just brushes it off as "I am the Son of Batman."

Also this is the second time the Houses of Secrets and Mystery have invited Damian to move in. As a fan of Shirley Jackson and House of Leaves I think Damian should be concerned...or not. He needs a good home, and once those Houses get attached to someone they do their best to be good forever homes.* Forever and ever and ever.**

*Except Elvira. The House of Mystery hardcore regretted picking her over Cain and eventually dropped her on the curb like a dead Christmas tree.****

**I hope that Deadman was talking about the Houses when he said Damian's soul was marked and claimed by something that lurks outside of time and is on par with the Endless. Mainly because Damian needs a good home.

****Yes, I am pulling out references to semi obscure comics from the 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s prior to Gaiman's work. And I will point out that when Cain in the second issue says Able can't tell a good story, Abel told one back in the 50s in House of Secrets that still gives Boomers and everyone else whose read it nightmares. It was the hand story. If you know, you know.

All-New Member

'This is the same kid whose blood let's him into active volcanoes, punches gods, has had ancient gods refer to him as cousin, invades hell, invaded heaven,"
    "Also this is the second time the Houses of Secrets and Mystery have invited Damian to move in."

Okay I admit I do really like the character but I haven't read all his stories (not a longtime fan) but really? that's insane can you provide pics of them the comics if so?

Extraordinary Member

https://www.comicsbeat.com/interview...-could-happen/

ZACK QUAINTANCE: Can I start by asking what the initial inspiration for the story in Batman vs. Robin #4 was? Did you start with the father and son themes, or with wanting to play with DC magic?

MARK WAID: It was both those things. It was wanting to start with Batman vs. Robin, to see where that would lead us, and I immediately turned to magic. I wanted a fish out of water story for Batman. He certainly knows his share of magicians, but magic is not his strong suit. It’s not something he’s completely comfortable using, or with being in that world. That gave me the building blocks for this story.

https://www.comicsbeat.com/interview...-could-happen/

ZACK QUAINTANCE: Can I start by asking what the initial inspiration for the story in Batman vs. Robin #4 was? Did you start with the father and son themes, or with wanting to play with DC magic?

MARK WAID: It was both those things. It was wanting to start with Batman vs. Robin, to see where that would lead us, and I immediately turned to magic. I wanted a fish out of water story for Batman. He certainly knows his share of magicians, but magic is not his strong suit. It’s not something he’s completely comfortable using, or with being in that world. That gave me the building blocks for this story.
    Yes, it was very noticable that Waid was more interested in Batman using magic than in fleshing out the lackluster father son story.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Yes, it was very noticable that Waid was more interested in Batman using magic than in fleshing out the lackluster father son story.

I have to say that while I've been buying Batman vs Robin . It's not something that I normally like . Not really a fan of father vs son storylines , no matter who's involved .
    But since Waid is writing it, and being a sucker for most Batman/Bruce stuff I'm getting it .

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeLightning View Post
    'This is the same kid whose blood let's him into active volcanoes, punches gods, has had ancient gods refer to him as cousin, invades hell, invaded heaven,"
    "Also this is the second time the Houses of Secrets and Mystery have invited Damian to move in."

Okay I admit I do really like the character but I haven't read all his stories (not a longtime fan) but really? that's insane can you provide pics of them the comics if so?
    Also curious about Damian and the House of Secrets. I must have missed some Damian appearances too.