Page 91 of 193 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 2895

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Damian has been voted Greatest Arab Superhero character in multiversitycomics Readers poll

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/re...rhero-results/
    That's surprising but expected. I can't think of a more prominent or visible Arabian hero than Damian. I know there's Fate and Black Adam but they are not as well known as Robin and the Al Ghuls.

Anyway it's interesting. Some fans even on this site will complain that Damian is white washed and not representation because DC doesn't highlight his heritage enough.

Clearly that's not true. A ton of people see his heritage and recognise his ethnicity regardless of what colour his skin is.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    Personally, I love that Future State has established that A) Damian can and will move heaven and hell for the people he cares about, and B) Damian invades hell not only frequently, but appears to be good at it.
    I'm enjoying the story. I don't mind Damian being presented as making some hard calls so long as he is shown to still have a good heart.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    How do you know they wilkl ruin them?

Why do you assume that any stories that doesn't fit the perfect hero stereotype is ruination?

FS could deliver a good story. Are you assuming that one can't tell a good story with a character who is flawed?
    I am somehow afraid about the situation and what was said here..

The whatever angel to Batman. You found him. Then the worst wil happen.

Despite it can happen like in Batman Beyond case if we are lucky.

Anyway it's interesting. Some fans even on this site will complain that Damian is white washed and not representation because DC doesn't highlight his heritage enough.
    For this I was surprised about it.. Perhaps these twitter conversations about his Skin(and Wayne adventures) makes the people remember that he is in part Arab.. I found many White Washed comments too there. That sounds like if many never saw Damian introduction to comics

Unfortunate Son. Yeah. When we see all his days in Hell and... he confirms us that he is Bald Again
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-10-2022 at 05:00 PM.

Extraordinary Member

He's my favourite Batman. I find him and his world interesting. Most boil him down to a Batman who kills while some for what ever reason see him as a Bad or evil batman. Which is 100% incorrect.

He is an insecure hero who gave up his eternal soul for the safety of his father city.
    He tries to empower the citizens, puts up with scorn and finally finds peace when the worlds ends and his burden of protecting the hell hole that is always Gotham is wipe away.

He also became Batman as a teenager. At age 16. 2 years older than current Damian. Yet he commits to a lonely solitary life and damnation for all eternity just to ensure his father's mission carries on.

There's a lot to be mined and to flesh out. There's a lot of potential and unique story ideas to be explored.

That is why writers keep going back to him.

Morrison as always left a lot of building blocks for future to run with and I for one am happy they are doing.
    To me that thing was just an one issue story, set in another apocalyptic future of the DCU, that was over all pretty messy, as was missing next to all information about what had happened and what was going on.

Over all nothing special.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    To me that thing was just an one issue story, set in another apocalyptic future of the DCU, that was over all pretty messy, as was missing next to all information about what had happened and what was going on.

Over all nothing special.
    That's fair. Preference is subjective.
    To you it's nothing special but to many writers that thing was the building blocks to an interesting future world yet to be explored and fleshed out. Something to play around with. Something they are drawn to.

Even Morrison planned to do more with it. We've seen apocalyptic futures before but the world of 666 is distinct.

I also like how the mantle progression goes in that world. Bruce, Dick and Damian.

It is odd to me that so many writers gravitate towards 666 not 700.

Even writers who are writing main universe current canon like King during his Batman run haven't been able to resist playing with elements from 666.
    700 bridged the gap with Batman Beyond. While I enjoyed Jurgens Rebirth Batman beyond world. I'd like to see more of Damian saving baby Terry and raising him.
    Last edited by dietrich; 05-11-2022 at 09:01 AM.

Yeah, not gonna lie. I was already uninterested in the Future State timeline as a whole, but finding out the reason for Damian's absence from this whole **** show was just because he was off being Batman 666 again...talk about underwhelming :|

I don't like that Batman Beyond's take is the closest I've come to liking a future version of Damian. At least that didn't come with what I still consider to be the ugliest Bat suit I have ever seen.
    Last edited by Blue22; 05-11-2022 at 09:08 AM.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

It's a shame that Morrison cut ties with DC before he could do Arkham Asylum 2. I was really looking forward to that title.

I don't mind writer playing with the 666 world. I want to know more about the world and there's a lot to be explored but I'm also cautious about hacks ruining it. Tynion's attempts to tie Saviour Tim Drake to that world was atrocious. Glad subsequent writers have completely ignored his additions.

TOT is it's own world lets not merge the two.

The one thing about 666 that I don't like is the fact that the Batman in that world is immortal. If a nuke can kill your protagonist then how can there be stakes?

I suppose that's why most stories set in that world aren't about fighting or defeating Damian rather they are about Damian finding himself or finding peace.

That's why the Saviour story was so dumb. Tynion having evil Tim blow up Gotham to kill an immortal is dumb writing that reflected poorly on Tim's character. I guess we could argue that the more evil he became the more brain cells he lost.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeah, not gonna lie. I was already uninterested in the Future State timeline as a whole, but finding out the reason for Damian's absence from this whole **** show was just because he was off being Batman 666 again...talk about underwhelming :|

I don't like that Batman Beyond's take is the closest I've come to liking a future version of Damian. At least that didn't come with what I still consider to be the ugliest Bat suit I have ever seen.
    It is underwhelming that they are yet again copying what was created by another writer. This isn't the way i want the 666 to be fleshed out.

I'm fascinated by the world and I fear these writers will just waste the premise.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    The one thing about 666 that I don't like is the fact that the Batman in that world is immortal. If a nuke can kill your protagonist then how can there be stakes?
    Actually, I think that's exactly the thing that makes this take on Batman unique. I mean, yeah, many people don't like this version for various reasons, but from my point of view, the concept of an immortal Batman using magic is very interesting, and a good writer could write an interesting story.

Dark Crisis #3 variant cover
    Dark Crisis #3 variant cover damian wayne.jpg

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Is that a new team, or just a one time team up?

If it's the former, then woah.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    Is that a new team, or just a one time team up?

If it's the former, then woah.
    Probably 1 time team up.. Is Dark Crisis. The previous issues were about Dick Grayson vs Slade.

It was also said something about many trying to create groups to replace the JL and fail..

I think that Jon JL will be the new JL one. With the Next Batman Fox and... Yara? WW.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Actually, I think that's exactly the thing that makes this take on Batman unique. I mean, yeah, many people don't like this version for various reasons, but from my point of view, the concept of an immortal Batman using magic is very interesting, and a good writer could write an interesting story.
    And it is not like he has an ongoing. We get some 666 related story every few years so I'm sure that writers can figure out something in that time frame.

Dogs truly do make the best therapists.