Page 49 of 193 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Comichorn published DC's sales ranking for January (The ranking are separate from Marvel and there are no numbers of units sold) -
    https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...2/2022-01.html

While there are no concrete numbers, it does seem Robin slightly dropped in the ranking (although some books started new arcs and there were a few #1)
    I know that numbers are definitely tricky right now, and Robin will probably get a big sale boost next month because of the big crossover event with Batman, but overall it's still a bit surprising, as so far the run has been very good.
    Like I've always maintained and argued these numbers mean nothing. If a writer like Tom Taylor can dis avow icv2 charts when he feels like and the GL writer doesn't know how many copies his title is selling then no way a company that isn't endorsed by DC/a company that only uses 300 shops as a stand in for ALL the comics sold across the world.

These charts are not reflective of the market sales. Tom Taylors words and actions show in real time how these charts can easily be manipulated to push whatever agenda the person citing them wants.

We saw the creative do just that multiple times and to back up contradictory sides of the argument. [and that was with icv2. the one that at least has direct sales from 300 shops not comichron who lord know what figures they are working with]

We had 2 official comments from DC creatives about the models used by these charts and neither inspires confidence in Comichron and icv2. One straight up discredits icv2. i don't know how you can put so much faith in these charts but i don't.

Why can't DC and Marvel just release their sales figures.

On Robin sales. I think it's currently the best ongoing DC is putting out personally but it's hardly a Nightwing or Batman level book.
    It doesn't have a star artist, it doesn't get much promo, it doesn't feature A list cameos and while it does cater to multiple fanbases due to having co stars. The co star are characters that are new, fresh from limbo or D list like Rose Wilson.

However it's premature to have this conversation when we don't know the figures. For all we know the sales numbers might have actually went up again. The Robin title has increased in sales without moving up the ranks before. That happens.

The position isn't important. What matters IS the numbers of copies the book sells.[odd that you would post a chart that doesn't contain the only metric worth tracking]

Sales boost from events and cross over are irrelevant since they just like chart positions are indicative of how well an individual ongoing is doing.
    Last edited by Fergus; 03-16-2022 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Comichorn published DC's sales ranking for January (The ranking are separate from Marvel and there are no numbers of units sold) -
    https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...2/2022-01.html

While there are no concrete numbers, it does seem Robin slightly dropped in the ranking (although some books started new arcs and there were a few #1)
    I know that numbers are definitely tricky right now, and Robin will probably get a big sale boost next month because of the big crossover event with Batman, but overall it's still a bit surprising, as so far the run has been very good.
    I don't know how trustworthy this ranking is, specially considering it isn't even an actual sales ranking, but a projected initial order. Anyway, issue #10 was the penultimate of a long arc, so I expect people's attentio to rise again with the start of Shadow War and a new arc.

Extraordinary Member

Battle of the supersons is Pg 13

499037AA-7ADD-4183-8724-414A87F8DE8B.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post

Damian does have a potty mouth.

I was expecting the movie to be like something found on Cartoon Network that's tame and all-ages, but I welcome a bit of brutality being inserted into the movie.

Where is this from?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    You think? The batman looks good to me. The belt looks just like the actual comics belt it's based on [except for the one detail on the buckle]
    True but on the figure it's just painted on while Damian's pockets have detailed sculpt in it

Damian's entire existence is PG-13 so I'm not surprised

Extraordinary Member

This may have been already theorized here but does anyone else think Respawn is spoilers:
    Wintergreen’s son
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    This may have been already theorized here but does anyone else think Respawn is spoilers:
    Wintergreen’s son
    end of spoilers
    Wintergreen has procreated before!? His lore sure doesn't leave much room for it.

Wintergreen’s son
    end of spoilers
    Never considered that. That'd be unexpected. What a twist. However why would he have beef with Rose and Damian if spoilers:
    his dad is Wintergreen
    end of spoilers

That's encouraging. It'll have a bit of bite to it.

Wintergreen’s son
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Isn't Respawn supposed to resemble Slade?
    end of spoilers

This video just made me so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Williamson did a Youtube WordBallon interview today. He confirmed that the next Tournament isn't going to be a Lazarus Tournament however that storyline is still far far far away much much later in the Robin series. So we've got quite a while before we get to that arc.
    Ahahahahaha.. Yeah. Another Lazarus Tournament would be too much

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Williamson also stated that there's a lot of Damian material coming up.
    The passing of Ra's and Bruce will have an impact on Damian.
    Shadow War sets up a lot for Damian going forward.
    Hawke and Robin relationship will receive more development.
    Excellent. Mora Damian content is always welcome..

Lol. For a moment I was tinking in Hawke&Dove Hawke not in Connor Hawke

Wintergreen’s son
    end of spoilers
    That man is older than Slade but... Is a man. Not a woman. He can have children too.

But I think that I will discard him watching Respawn face.

This can sound STUPID but... If someone is interested(I think that not my case. Is Superweird) Jesse Chambers will have a comic with Earth 11 characters.. Included Damian female version called Talia Kane. I saw it in twitter.

https://screenrant.com/teen-justice-...ent-dc-comics/
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-17-2022 at 05:32 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Glad rose will be in the next arc. I wish we knew what she wants from Slade already.
    C704BB83-FAF6-4A7F-8460-8043B24798AD.jpg