Page 145 of 193 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2895

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    If they're putting Damian in Justice League Dark, I'm betting it's just because they want a popular Bat-character in this team to sell the book.
    Yeah but that doesn't mean that's good for Damian and it doesn't mean it won't piss people off.

That's just turning more people off Damian since I don't think fans of the adult magic users will find it funny when a short batkid is constantly sassing them.

As much as I like Damian and Constantine interactions, I don't need new fanbases being turned against Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I don't remember all of them, but JSA was indeed mentioned there, although this may just be a guess.
    I remember it mentioned that Damian would be in Justice League Dark, and it looks like the team members will be in one form or another in Batman vs Robin, Zatanna does seem to have a support role.
    Yeah i noticed that Zatanna is in the book. I don't recall Damian and Zatanna interacting. Have the two had interactions?

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Yeah i noticed that Zatanna is in the book. I don't recall Damian and Zatanna interacting. Have the two had interactions?
    I can't remember any and a quick google search didn't show me anything either.

My hope for a book after Batman vs Robin would be a new Batman AND Robin book so that the next time DC decides to pit Bruce and Damian against each other there is an actual relationship to destroy instead of just going with "well, they are related, so surely they must care about each other? Ignore that DC never lets them interact in a meaningful way!"
    But I'm aware that that's unlikely.

Spectacular Member

Does anyone have a link to the “leak” I’d like to read if for myself

Spectacular Member

I have a theory: Damian’s heart will somehow be replaced with Nezha’s heart

Extraordinary Member

So what can we classify mother soul as
    A witch, a dark cleric ?

Spectacular Member

I’d say both. She clearly can use magic but she’s currently following Nezha. Maybe a warlock?

Quote Originally Posted by GhostCryptid13 View Post
    Maybe that's how he becomes Immortal.

I’d say both. She clearly can use magic but she’s currently following Nezha. Maybe a warlock?
    They are making the Al Ghuls even more magic. I'm certain that in the past they weren't this involved in the occult.

Sure the had the Pits but they were more eco terrorists not witches and not magic users.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    lord death man cracks me up.

Spectacular Member

I get that impression as well.

World's Finest has been great, so Waid may be able to pull it off, but beyond following Signal to obscurity, I don't like that future for the character. After pondering, I guess my hesitancy is that while I see Dick as light in the darkness, I see/saw Damian as emerging out of the darkness into light. The beats that have resonated with me the most were his choice to be Dick's Robin...compared to being Ras' vessel and Talia's remote controlled toy, seeking forgiveness and redemption with Maya, choosing not to kill Zsasz vs killing Nobody, reaching out to hope with Jon, accepting hope and friendship with Rose, growing confident in is own ability to decide for hope and light. To me, Damian is/was the most hopeful Robin. While Dick is light in the dark because of his strong, stable base (his parents and, despite his flaws, Bruce), Damian stives towards light--even as Batman 666.

So as an overarching story, getting possessed again, after being written out of his family, and pushed back into the Dark just doesn't seem like fun reading, or much of a hero's journey. But World's Finest has been really fun, so maybe Waid can make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by OOPS View Post
    I get that impression as well.

World's Finest has been great, so Waid may be able to pull it off, but beyond following Signal to obscurity, I don't like that future for the character. After pondering, I guess my hesitancy is that while I see Dick as light in the darkness, I see/saw Damian as emerging out of the darkness into light. The beats that have resonated with me the most were his choice to be Dick's Robin...compared to being Ras' vessel and Talia's remote controlled toy, seeking forgiveness and redemption with Maya, choosing not to kill Zsasz vs killing Nobody, reaching out to hope with Jon, accepting hope and friendship with Rose, growing confident in is own ability to decide for hope and light. To me, Damian is/was the most hopeful Robin. While Dick is light in the dark because of his strong, stable base (his parents and, despite his flaws, Bruce), Damian stives towards light--even as Batman 666.

So as an overarching story, getting possessed again, after being written out of his family, and pushed back into the Dark just doesn't seem like fun reading, or much of a hero's journey. But World's Finest has been really fun, so maybe Waid can make it work.
    It feels a bit cynical, doesn't it? At least from what we know so far. Damian tries to find his own way, independent from both of his parents and...he gets punished for it. The preview even comments on that with the line "by careful what you wish for".
    Try to prove you can be independent and build a refuge for people like you? Bam! You get posessed by a demon who wrecks deadly havoc on the world and the people you invited to your refuge are turned into his army and now you have to be stopped by your father.

What...a great story about independence. Really inspiring.
    Seriously, I hope Waid proves me wrong because what kind of message is that.

Spectacular Member

He could be writing it as Damian is using something dark for good, similar to how his assassin training (or heck he himself) was.