Page 182 of 193 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 2895
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

I have to admit Waid put a lot of thought into the Magical Weapons that Damian selects for each Robin.

all real established items in DC canon!!

Damian gave Dick the Sword of Sin.

If that sounded vaguely familiar to you, you might be an Azrael fan because that is his preferred blade to use. What is so special about this sword??? It’s ability: The Sword of Sin can be ignited with the mind of the wielder, if the person is powerful enough. The sword has the ability to conjure in the mind of its victims all of the sins for which they are guilty or have not atoned for.

Super effective against Bruce whose guilt complex is bigger than Texas.

I can absolutely see why Damian would give Dick this weapon here, as he’s known Bruce the longest. I can easily see what part in this story Dick is going to be playing as he clearly has the most directly effective weapon against Batman. Damian’s favoritism here is both sweet and a little cruel if you think about the context much.

Stephanie’s weapon, the Coup-Stick of Black Bison (A DC Super Villain.)

The mystical power of the coup-stick can animate material objects and in so doing, command these objects to do its bidding. This power cannot affect living biological material, but can affect non-living organic tissue. Black Bison once used the coup-stick to re-animate the stuffed remains of a white stallion (as well as other animals). Black Bison has also used the coup-stick to control the weather, such as summoning a strong wind to deflect attackers.

Damian gave Stephanie a weapon that will allow her to call on back-up, and COMMAND her own creations, a weapon that allows her to be a leader. Also, it sounds like it has the power to control the weather.

Damian gave Jason’s dramatic ass the actual Trident of Poseidon, which is an unbreakable weapon that that serves as an extension of the wielder’s own power.

Not only a King’s weapon, but a godly weapon. So Jason just absolutely gonna power-house his way through whatever gets in his way.

Damian gave Tim the Cloak of Cagliostro. The Cloak of Cagliostro is a magical item which allows the wearer to teleport, and to become intangible, and invisible.

Tim was the only one Damian gave a defensive weapon, and not an offensive weapon to. And that makes sense, because Tim is a defensive fighter.

Instead of giving him a weapon to swing around, Damian gave him something that Tim could use to protect himself, and actively use to make ALL of his skillsets stronger, not just his fighting power.
    Playing to Tim’s strengths.

A cloak that straight up is like a cheat-code of meta-powers that would suit Tim SO WELL, because he knows Tim will be able to use those abilities to bullshit levels of effectiveness!!

It genuinely looks like thought went into what weapons each of the Robins were given.

I can't wait to see what the do with these. Mostly been ignoring BvR [no interest in seeing Bruce and Damian fight again]
    I know Bruce is the Batgod but surely they don't need all that to take him down. he's just Batman not Superman.

Bruce and Dick are pretty much on par when it comes to fighting. It seems a bit much. Just sic Nightwing on him. 5 Robins v Batman. They beat him to a pulp.
    Has Bruce got any magic heroes backing him in this fight?

I recall Zatana was in the previews for the series and flatline. Are they fighting alongside Bruce and Alfred?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Jace doesn’t like anybody they would be terrible match.
    Much like Damian. Jace comes off as stand offish, blunt and quite direct. Very much like Damian.

The type of person whose respect and friendship is earned. Again, like Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Okay I can’t be the only one who thought in Dark Army today that Damian got a bit swole.
    Haven't read the issue but I saw the preview which gave his stats. They didn't sound very bulky so it much just have been a stylistic choice.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Much like Damian. Jace comes off as stand offish, blunt and quite direct. Very much like Damian.

The type of person whose respect and friendship is earned. Again, like Damian.
    Yeah year 1 Damian not present
    I want him surrounded by people who do get him. Nika rose Jon Conner Maya Colin Goliath

Yeah year 1 Damian not present
    I want him surrounded by people who do get him. Nika rose Jon Conner Maya Colin Goliath
    No that's Damian all the time. That's just his personality. It doesn't stop him from being surrounded by people who get him.

Agree with that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    No that's Damian all the time. That's just his personality. It doesn't stop him from being surrounded by people who get him.
    No it’s not . That ties in issue of flash having 14 year old Damian for patronize an eight year old was cringey, and exist becuase people see his year one as his base personality

Astonishing Member

Can't say I like Dark Army tie-in. Not the best writing and art, well, I don't understand how this even passed the editorial.
    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Doubt any of the Robins will be Batman alongside Bruce nor do they have to be which is why it's in Damian's future not his present.
    I guess it's their way to say, that it's indeed his fate, but comics, of course, will never come to this point, except possible futures, elseworlds and Black Label titles.

Fantastic Member

No it’s not . That ties in issue of flash having 14 year old Damian for patronize an eight year old was cringey, and exist becuase people see his year one as his base personality
    To be fair, Damian being a brat is still part of the impression that what his character is. The problem is that when Damian went through the same arc, over, and over again, that his bratty personality (Mostly seen in Dark Army & the Flash issue) isn't justified considering the arcs he went through, though I'd agree that the bratty personality should be retained, just not that level of bratty when he first appeared. Sure he could be bratty, but not like he's a ten year old.

Think that's the problem with an aged Damian now, the writers can't seem to make a mish match of bratty & emphatic. So they'll go back using his bratty personality of a 10 year old, instead of being a douche brat of a 14 year old.

Also, Damian is still 14? I thought he was at least 15 now?

In addition, so Red Canary wasn't Lian or Sin?
    Last edited by Eckri; 11-22-2022 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    To be fair, Damian being a brat is still part of the impression that what his character is. The problem is that when Damian went through the same arc, over, and over again, that his bratty personality (Mostly seen in Dark Army & the Flash issue) isn't justified considering the arcs he went through, though I'd agree that the bratty personality should be retained, just not that level of bratty when he first appeared. Sure he could be bratty, but not like he's a ten year old.

Think that's the problem with an aged Damian now, the writers can't seem to make a mish match of bratty & emphatic. So they'll go back using his bratty personality of a 10 year old, instead of being a douche brat of a 14 year old.

We don’t learn anything about her other then she is new and in college. No name, no idea why she thought why she should be red canary out of literally any other name. She’s just dragged along for an adventure.

As for Damian’s behavior, let’s just call it like it is…he’s an anime tsundere. The overall aggressive character who secretly has a sweet spot brought out by his friends, family, and his dog, cat, and cow.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

That wasn't patronising since it's something that is accepted and sort of tradition.

The fact that she took it that way shows her immaturity.

That scene was genius though sadly a lot of readers missed the point Williamson was going for.

That was a callback to Damian's introduction in Batman and Son.

The exact mirror of Damian meeting Tim. Tim's friendly remark that was intended as an ice breaker is met with an insecure and childish, "patronise me and I'll break you face"

It's an indication of how much Damian has grown/matured since we met him in Batman and Son.

Tim and Damian are often called that and take no offence. That scene is a perfect example of what I just said about his personality. It shows how bad he is at social interactions. So bad he tried to emulate his older brother. A teenager hero that he knows people like.

So it's not just year 1 Damian. Can you give me just one example of Damian meeting someone for the first time that the interaction didn't get off to a rocky start?

All the people you named. Nika, Jon, Goliath, Dick, Collin, Maya, Suren, Connor every single person, even the ones who are his besties it was work.

Even at the end of the OG Supersons title, after his he was 13 he still was of the mindset that talking/sharing non mission related info [you knowing having a chat with a pal] was irrelevant.#

He said that talking about his personal life was on a need to know basis.

With the TT he revealed that the reason he brought Emi on as a no2 was because he knows he's not good with people.

The only reason Bruce enrolled him at Reeves West was because he felt he really needed to learn how to interact with people.

These are all recent.

Damian like Bruce isn't a good communication. He sucks so much that it bothers on anti social.

The Sad thing is that he isn't bratty.

He is direct, frank, very confident in his abilities, overly serious, has very standards and he is closed off. That isn't being a brat.

He is pretty much very similar to Bruce but due the fact that he looks exactly like a short 14 year old it comes across as him bring a brat.

Confidence can come across as as arrogance but it shouldn't when that confidence is due years of repeated success as is the case with damian.

His high opinion of his abilities can come off as boastful but he's just being frank and we know this since we know how accomplished he he is. he can back up the words.

The fact that he is very frank and doesn't try to sugarcoat isn't something that's common in a world where little white lies and sensitivity is more more welcome than honesty makes him at times come off as insulting and makes him the type of person a lot of people will not like but that's just something he'll have to learn. Sensitivity with his words.

Being a bad communicator, frank or bad with people doesn't mean Brat.
    Negative descriptions given to traits that in some people are viewed as positive

Confidence becomes Arrogance. Self Belief and realistic becomes lacking in Humility or boastful. Honest best insensitive. Private or awkward becomes unfriendly.

That's just our societal coding bias coming through.

Negative descriptions given to traits that in some people are viewed as positive

This is an excerpt from a published academic work about sidekicks.

The writer constantly trying to talk about how unfairly Duke gets treated in favor of Damian, who according to them is the pinnacle of whiteness!?

This is only one example too, they bring it up so many times. She even continually mentions how all the Robins are white but especially Damian and Dick?

I don't know, I think I'm going to write an essay about Spinal surgery [a subject I know nothing about] see if I can get that published since apparently anyone can write anything and get it published as academic or fiction these days.
    Last edited by Fergus; 11-23-2022 at 01:10 PM.

The writer constantly trying to talk about how unfairly Duke gets treated in favor of Damian, who according to them is the pinnacle of whiteness!?

This is only one example too, they bring it up so many times. She even continually mentions how all the Robins are white but especially Damian and Dick?

I don't know, I think I'm going to write an essay about Spinal surgery [a subject I know nothing about] see if I can get that published since apparently anyone can write anything and get it published as academic or fiction these days.
    Yeah that paragraph just reeks of racism. Claiming that because he has a white father, Damian must also be white because white genes are so much more superior than other that they supersede all others.

¿¿¿????

Sounds someone who never read a comic and only wanted to create one controversial article.

My favorite ROBINS are attacked. Not weird in Damian case but... Is weird when Dick Grayson is like loved by almost everyone.
    Included me... Grayson is the BEST.

Sigh.. This person must hate white people to attack 2 popular characters only because they are white persons.. Perhaps even men. For the Masculinity word here like if it was bad that he is a guy.

About Black people Jace is a Batman... Why create this controversy with the Robins now?
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-24-2022 at 09:22 AM.