Page 160 of 193 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 2895
    Fantastic Member

Just read Batman v Robin#1. Looks like Damian is getting more in tuned with more magical elements. You'd think that go to Jason considering his adventures in the N52. But, I'm down with Damian going mystical detective. Kinda sad that his run ended so short.

But seeing the latest Flash issue with Damian and Irey, yep that's pretty what I've expected these two would interact.

This is from TIM ROBIN Comic??

https://twitter.com/Shilskenobi22/st...75416173223938

Because I think that is insulting for Damian.. Character regression.
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-23-2022 at 12:15 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    This is from TIM ROBIN Comic??

https://twitter.com/Shilskenobi22/st...75416173223938

Because I think that is insulting for Damian.. Character regression.
    My interpretation of that line was that Damian felt that Tim was acting so different that he concluded that Tim was an imposter.

I was pleasantly suprised to see Damian in the preview for Detective Comics #1064. It's only a flashback though.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    My interpretation of that line was that Damian felt that Tim was acting so different that he concluded that Tim was an imposter.
    Yeah, he thinks Tim is behaving out of character. Which he is!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

3862BC9F-D4A3-4371-A3DF-A682D637F7E9.jpg

Damian appearing in vixen NYC

All-New Member

How does everyone feel about the fact Damian is now a magic user and will be in a magic event in 2023 with JLD aged up probably(as said by leaks) and may work with Tim and jakeem again in the future as Waid said they'll play a role as well in the event. and a relaunch of supersons. Him being a magic user isn't really bad I say I'm a big magic fan and he's used magic before in the past. for the aging I'm not rolling with cuz that's rushing his development and rushing is never a good thing.

Screenshot 2022-09-26 5.33.27 PM.jpg
    Last edited by SnakeLightning; 09-26-2022 at 02:37 PM.

Spectacular Member

I've mentioned before, I think making him a magic user is a dead-end for the character. Just like Duke Thomas and Jason of the All Caste. It removes him from the kind of street level stories that sell. I also don't see aging him up as a positive.....and I really don't want to see him get stuck with Tim and Fitzmartian.

This seems like one of those directions tailored to one run....which leaves the character unusable and unsellable.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeLightning View Post
    How does everyone feel about the fact Damian is now a magic user and will be in a magic event in 2023 with JLD aged up probably(as said by leaks) and may work with Tim and jakeem again in the future as Waid said they'll play a role as well in the event. and a relaunch of supersons. Him being a magic user isn't really bad I say I'm a big magic fan and he's used magic before in the past. for the aging I'm not rolling with cuz that's rushing his development and rushing is never a good thing.

I would have preferred Tim to become the magic-user...it would have given him his own niche...and maybe a new alias. Damian has his own niche...child Son of the Bat and the Demons. Damian is not floundering, but Tim is IMHO.

Spectacular Member

That would work for me

Quote Originally Posted by OOPS View Post
    I've mentioned before, I think making him a magic user is a dead-end for the character. Just like Duke Thomas and Jason of the All Caste. It removes him from the kind of street level stories that sell. I also don't see aging him up as a positive.....and I really don't want to see him get stuck with Tim and Fitzmartian.

This seems like one of those directions tailored to one run....which leaves the character unusable and unsellable.
    To be fair on the All-Caste; Jason's abilities really only work on magic beings. Particularly, evil ones.

I'm personally ok with it because magic has been a thing for Damian for a while now. It will help him in the future once he has to move one to a new identity and hopefully make sure he won't be forced to remain Robin forever like Tim lmao, it will also increase the variety of stories you can tell with him besides that, I'm also not a fan of Damian being stuck with the title 'Son of Batman' for the rest of his life, so in my opinion he can't get his own niche fast enough.
    I'm however not the biggest fan of aging up Damian, but I guess it was just a mater of time, and it might make the interactions between him and Jon less awkward, plus it is hilarious how Damian might end up being older than Tim now.

Fantastic Member

Magic user? Yes, I'm fine with it. However, Damian as a magic user shouldn't make him like a caster like Zatanna, he should be more like an investigative magcian that lurks around the cults. He should pursuing the cults, and cases that involve magical cases. Don't make him like a superpowered magician that casts huge fire balls, but have his magical abilities more....limited, like a short teleport, or magical vision. Just so he can still be in the batfamily, without being some kind of overpowered kid. Like, he's magical potent, but not that powerful.

As for the age-up? Not a fan, natural progression of Damain being age 13 in TT, and 14 in Robin was good. I don't like the sudden age-up, unless they'll just have him 15 the next time we see him. Then that's okay.

Spectacular Member

So those that think it would be positive, what would make Damian different than Constantine, Zatana, Jason Blood, Tim Hunter or Jinn etc? Why would a writer pick Damian for a magic story (other than Damian sort of sells currently, I suspect this path would lower his sells)? What would prevent him being over shadowed in these kind of stories and not continue to be the character all the others talk down too (see Flash)?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by OOPS View Post
    So those that think it would be positive, what would make Damian different than Constantine, Zatana, Jason Blood, Tim Hunter or Jinn etc? Why would a writer pick Damian for a magic story (other than Damian sort of sells currently, I suspect this path would lower his sells)? What would prevent him being over shadowed in these kind of stories and not continue to be the character all the others talk down too (see Flash)?
    Maybe lean in more of the cultist side of things, more down to earth investigative magic stories like people in cults. Think of it like an adventure story, where Damian travels the world in search of either magical artifacts, or cases. A magical detective, while yes Constantine and the likes of Jason Blood are superior (Jason Blood is still superior), they could lean into the angle of a person who's learning magic, while doing a sort of detective adventure work. Like a magical agent/student angle, learning magic on the side with the superiors, while investigating the occults. You could also, have the angle of Damian being the weakest magic user, and has to use his wits and get creative. The idea of damian being a magic user has a chance to flop, or work. Just depends really. Writers can't just copy and paste a Zatanna story and call it a day, maybe have Damian be an apprentice? That's an interesting angle.