Page 193 of 193 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 2895
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    One of the best issues do far.

Didn't know just how much I've been missing some Dick and Damian content. It's so odd that Dc can't seem to give us Dick and all his brothers interacting at the same time.

It's like when they develop his dynamic with one sibling, they must ignore his relationship with the others.

When they explored Dick and Damian's relationship they ignored his relationship with Tim. Now they are exploring his relation with Tim and Jason and it's like Dick doesn't have a brother called Damian.

It's so strange.

Why can't they all interact? It's like there's tension behind factions in DC. All DC writers don't understand that the appeal of the Batfamily is all them interacting. Building all the various relationships.
    They did it was called Robins

A return of his solo. We need a decent Robin solo. Williamson's Robin was exciting and good. It was full of interesting and likeable characters. The premise was interesting and the acst was ripe with potential.

I'd like that to continue.

Not interested in a TT book or Damian joining a team at the moment unless they bring back the four from the Robin solo.
    Unless they change Tim Drake: Robin to Tim Drake: insert new hero identity here I fear that it's unlikely for the forseeable future. Especially since DC is currently pushing their "Tim is the best robin" agenda pretty hard again.

Tim's solo is starting its second arc in march and I would be suprised if they wouldn't let it at least finish that arc before ending the book.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    They did it was called Robins
    They did? So what did Robins tell us about Damian's feelings re been Jason blaming him for Alfred's death?

How does Jason feel about being called most Emotional?

Did Tim ask Damian for dog sitting tips.

Did Dick open up about losing his memory and only a couple of them reaching out?

What are Damian's thoughts on Bitewing?

What are the other robins thoughts on Alfred's will? Did Jason get pissed [I've seen it said by fans that he is Alfred's favourite]

Oh wait, Robins isn't in canon so does nothing to build the relationships between the bats in regular comics.

I guess i should have made it clear that was talking about the main DCU versions of characters that we follow each week not else world variants.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Unless they change Tim Drake: Robin to Tim Drake: insert new hero identity here I fear that it's unlikely for the forseeable future. Especially since DC is currently pushing their "Tim is the best robin" agenda pretty hard again.

Tim's solo is starting its second arc in march and I would be suprised if they wouldn't let it at least finish that arc before ending the book.
    I'm well aware that Tim has always been DC's favourite Robin but I'm still hopeful.

If they have to keep telling us he's the best then he isn't and best Robin isn't that much of a draw. It also doesn't mean better sales or stories.

Damian is a strong character. One day we will get the Robin solo they keep prematurely ending.

I'm well aware that Tim has always been DC's favourite Robin but I'm still hopeful.

If they have to keep telling us he's the best then he isn't and best Robin isn't that much of a draw. It also doesn't mean better sales or stories.

Damian is a strong character. One day we will get the Robin solo they keep prematurely ending.
    But the question was where we see Damian after this, not where we want him to be.

I remember some people here denying that Teen Titan's goal was to turn Damian into a villain, hoping that DC would only turn him into an anti-hero, even though it was fairly obvious that he was supposed to be the bad guy, which bleedingcool then confirmed had been the plan for 5G.

And the fact is, no matter how much we want Damian to have the robin solo again after Batman vs Robin #5, it doesn't look like this is something that will be happening soon after that stories conclusion.
    Even if Tim's solo ends after the second arc (the first arc was six issues and I assume the second arc will have the same amount of issues) or changes its name after that arc, that probably won't happen until August/September.

If they don't decide to shelve Damian for half a year (we don't know what exactly that "jaw-dropping sacrifice" Waid teased will be and if it will have consequences after that story is over) then I assume he will be part of another title that will be announced sooner.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 12-25-2022 at 03:58 AM.

Extraordinary Member

But the question was where we see Damian after this, not where we want him to be.

I remember some people here denying that Teen Titan's goal was to turn Damian into a villain, hoping that DC would only turn him into an anti-hero, even though it was fairly obvious that he was supposed to be the bad guy, which bleedingcool then confirmed had been the plan for 5G.

And the fact is, no matter how much we want Damian to have the robin solo again after Batman vs Robin #5, it doesn't look like this is something that will be happening soon after that stories conclusion.
    Even if Tim's solo ends after the second arc (the first arc was six issues and I assume the second arc will have the same amount of issues) or changes its name after that arc, that probably won't happen until August/September.

If they don't decide to shelve Damian for half a year (we don't know what exactly that "jaw-dropping sacrifice" Waid teased will be and if it will have consequences after that story is over) then I assume he will be part of another title that will be announced sooner.
    Shelve? They are stretching out the Lazarus arc a little longer so we won’t see new DC directions until April now.
    The only thing that will shelve Damian is Gunn syncing DC to the absolute it would erase 3/4 of the characters we know

Shelve? They are stretching out the Lazarus arc a little longer so we won’t see new DC directions until April now.
    The only thing that will shelve Damian is Gunn syncing DC to the absolute it would erase 3/4 of the characters we know
    Not sure what the hell you are talking about now?
    At which point did I say them shelving Damian was extremely likely? I'm literally just saying that giving him the robin solo in late 2023 would probably mean he wouldn't be regular part in any new books DC will announce in the next few months. And I DON'T think DC will do that. I'm arguing AGAINST Damian getting the solo. I wouldn't be suprised if he gets shoved into a team book instead.

But if we want to discuss the probability of Damian getting shelved, it's not like Lazarus Planet/BvsR wouldn't give them the opportunity to put Damian away for a few months. Waid did say Damian would have a showdown with Nezha and make a jaw-dropping sacrifice. So far the only way we know of how to get rid of Nezha is to seal him in his tomb from the inside and Damian is the one who caused all this by setting him free. Having Damian atone for his mistakes by sacrificing everything sounds like something DC would do to him. DC makes Damian die all the time to prove he's a hero to other characters and the reader.

He also has reached the end of his current longterm arc. DC has used his conflict with Bruce to cause a global catastrophe and they can't go much bigger after that, they have put Bruce back in the heroic good father position once again without Bruce having to do something truly pesky like give Damian a proper apology and Damian sacrificing himself to right his wrongs would make his arc in BvsR come full circle. Where to go from there? Tim is acting as both the robin at Bruce's side and the solo robin at the same time. That's not good news for Damian.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 12-25-2022 at 02:24 PM.

Fantastic Member

Not sure what the hell you are talking about now?

But if we want to discuss the probability of Damian getting shelved, it's not like Lazarus Planet/BvsR wouldn't give them the opportunity to put Damian away for a few months. Waid did say Damian would have a showdown with Nezha and make a jaw-dropping sacrifice. So far the only way we know of how to get rid of Nezha is to seal him in his tomb from the inside and Damian is the one who caused all this by setting him free. Having Damian atone for his mistakes by sacrificing everything sounds like something DC would do to him. DC makes Damian die all the time to prove he's a hero to other characters and the reader.

It's obvious, it's soo obvious that Damian is going to seal himself away with Nezha if that's sacrifice. Actually that's the obvious sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    It's obvious, it's soo obvious that Damian is going to seal himself away with Nezha if that's sacrifice. Actually that's the obvious sacrifice.
    I totally agree that it's the obvious choice, but hey, we're talking about a story that wasted the entire second issue on Bruce solving the mystery of who has possessed Damian after the first issue already revealed it and spent almost the entire third issue on Bruce having very predictable and repetetive fights with the robins.
    Edit: Wait, forgot the very obvious twist that Alfred wasn't actually back for real.

It's clear both from the story itself and the things Waid talks about in interviews that most of his thoughts went into how to make Bruce look cool while delving into the magic realm, not into Damian.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 12-28-2022 at 04:19 AM.

Extraordinary Member

They did? So what did Robins tell us about Damian's feelings re been Jason blaming him for Alfred's death?

How does Jason feel about being called most Emotional?

Did Tim ask Damian for dog sitting tips.

Did Dick open up about losing his memory and only a couple of them reaching out?

What are Damian's thoughts on Bitewing?

What are the other robins thoughts on Alfred's will? Did Jason get pissed [I've seen it said by fans that he is Alfred's favourite]

Oh wait, Robins isn't in canon so does nothing to build the relationships between the bats in regular comics.

I guess i should have made it clear that was talking about the main DCU versions of characters that we follow each week not else world variants.
    much of what you asked happened post that title since it seem to take place before ric era, however these seem to be question to be answers in the upcoming bat therapy book. where the family sits down with Dr Leslie Tompkins during the day and Harley Quinn at night an addresses all the issues, trauma and ignored baggage that fans have ever wanted

are you sure its elesworld? the upcoming superboy and bluebeetle of the roundrobins seems to be worked into main cannon

much of what you asked happened post that title since it seem to take place before ric era, however these seem to be question to be answers in the upcoming bat therapy book. where the family sits down with Dr Leslie Tompkins during the day and Harley Quinn at night an addresses all the issues, trauma and ignored baggage that fans have ever wanted

are you sure its elesworld? the upcoming superboy and bluebeetle of the roundrobins seems to be worked into main cannon
    Wanting to see characters react to and deal with what happened to them and others in other books is a completely normal wish. In fact its one of the major appeals of comic book storytelling with multiple books set in the same universe. And writing reactions is literally one of the most basic parts of storytelling in general.
    Maybe CPSparkles didn't pick the best examples, but I don't think they should be mocked by you for this. Instead it's valid criticism that DC's bad management often messes things up, bad things happen to characters and afterwards its like it doesn't even matter. It's terrible for reader engagement.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Why is that so many artists absolutely suck at drawing Damian?

He's completely unrecognizable in Lazarus Planet which is a huge misstep as he's ostensibly the main character in the event. I really can't see how an editor looked at these images and was like, "Yup, that's good enough."
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Why is that so many artists absolutely suck at drawing Damian?

He's completely unrecognizable in Lazarus Planet which is a huge misstep as he's ostensibly the main character in the event. I really can't see how an editor looked at these images and was like, "Yup, that's good enough."
    Sometimes I wonder if DC editors even bother to review the books before they go to print. The amount of errors and at times detrimental stuff they allow to make it's way into published comics is shocking.

Maybe they don't see the importance of consistency in character design or prioritise getting the issues out on time over picking talent that can stay on model. It was jarring in Dark Crisis when some issues had Damian drawn differently between pages in the same issue.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if DC editors even bother to review the books before they go to print. The amount of errors and at times detrimental stuff they allow to make it's way into published comics is shocking.

Maybe they don't see the importance of consistency in character design or prioritise getting the issues out on time over picking talent that can stay on model. It was jarring in Dark Crisis when some issues had Damian drawn differently between pages in the same issue.
    It really was all over the place here, and with every character too but Damian's was the worst.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

There is a new appreciation threat for 2023, we should probably use it instead of this one.