Page 189 of 193 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193 LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 2895

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    Attachment 126954

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...lpha_spoilers/

It seems the image quality is not soo good, Imma just link the post.
    Oh yeah I saw these on the lazarus Planet thread over on the Dc comics community. It seems that Bruce and Damian have made up [yet again] after batman v Robin.

Whatever complaints I might have with Waid's directions thus far I'm happy that he clearly views Damian as a strategist and a competent character. Damian despite being one of the most capable bats recently rarely seems to be written like that. I appreciate Waid showing a more mature and competent Damian.

I also like Bruce finally believing in Damian and telling the gathered heroes to trust/listen to him. That's a vote of confidence that Damian desperately needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Oh yeah I saw these on the lazarus Planet thread over on the Dc comics community. It seems that Bruce and Damian have made up [yet again] after batman v Robin.

Whatever complaints I might have with Waid's directions thus far I'm happy that he clearly views Damian as a strategist and a competent character. Damian despite being one of the most capable bats recently rarely seems to be written like that. I appreciate Waid showing a more mature and competent Damian.

I also like Bruce finally believing in Damian and telling the gathered heroes to trust/listen to him. That's a vote of confidence that Damian desperately needs.
    I mean it’s not hard to make up when Bruce can just attribute it to a demonic possession via demon who wants revenge for Batman locking him away with Superman so many years ago.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I hope whatever plan Damian has works, as you said, Damian should be a capable strategist. Too many writers don't get that Damian is supposed to be arrogant, but with reason. He can back it up. He sacrificed his entire life to back it up.

Which is why I thought that flashback that showed Bruce how Damian just opened the tomb because the key pulled him in its direction was pretty weak as an explanation. I hope Waid will use that stolen heart plot Williamson set up in Robin to fix this because...yeah not a fan of Damian causing a global disaster simply because he was absolutely careless.

I also think that this will end with Bruce and Damian making up. I just wished Waid had focused less on Alfred and showing us how good Bruce is when he has to improvise. I feel like the writing was pretty weak when it came to Bruce and his relationships with the robins so far and there isn't a lot of time to fix this left.

I don't want Damian becoming John Constantine junior but you can't deny that the duo have a wonderfully fun dynamic.

I wasn't expecting it but every time those two are on screen or page together, BAM! Magic. Same with other magic characters. Etrigan, Monkey Prince, Deadman, Black Adam, Dr Fate, Shazam. All gave us awesome interactions with Damian and the amount of fan work that focuses on/tries to build further on the brief content we got from canon shows the interest amongst fandom for more Damian works with magic character content.

Damian and Zatanna doesn't work though.

I wouldn't mind more content partnering Damian with Magical characters though I do get the concerns that @Astralabius has and they make some excellent points.

it's interesting that all the story suggestions that anyone here has suggested thus far are ideas that have already been done with Damian [makes me take back every time I groaned and complained about writers repeating story lines. Original ideas ain't that easy to come up with]

I like the idea of Damian as a magic character but I have to admit that it could be limiting/alienating.

Damian as a Robin also never reached his potential. I feel like I'm yet to see his tenure as Robin. Not as a Robin who's a temp [batman and Robin] or as a character that DC begrudgingly allowed to go by Robin but banned from doing the job [everything since he was forced onto the Superman editorial office to date]

Deep down I don't want to see him leave Robin yet but I also want to see him interact with magic characters.

Am I being too greedy?
    I also think that Damian has a fun dynamic with those characters, but I fear that giving Damian magical abilities and then having him interact with seasoned magic users will just end with Damian "getting humbled" again. I would prefer it if Damian sticks with what he's good at. Or at least should be good at.

You're nailing it on the head. I think for now Damian should be allowed to simply be Robin for once (Tim really needs a new identity). Batman vs Robin should end with Bruce acknowledging that his failing as a father contributed to all of this and that the only way to be a better father to Damian is to spend time with him and rebuild their relationship.

Damian can still become independent when he's a few years older and ready to take an adult hero identity.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    Power Girl and Supergirl.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean it’s not hard to make up when Bruce can just attribute it to a demonic possession via demon who wants revenge for Batman locking him away with Superman so many years ago.
    Well, Nezha only seems to be bring negative feelings the people already had to the surface. But yes, Damian wouldn't try to kill Bruce if it wasn't for Nezha. Even at the height of his anger Damian didn't want to kill his father.

The solicitation for Batman vs Robin #5, which is set and comes out AFTER Lazarus Planet, plays with the possibility that their fight might not be over.
    But that is just the solicitation, we all know that you shouldn't trust them.
    Maybe they didn't just want to write "After Nezha and his son are defeated Bruce and Damian talk about what happened and agree to improve their relationship again"

Or maybe their fight might continue in Batman vs Robin #5 because, big spoilers for Batman in Lazarus Planet, don't get angry at me if you don't want to know, this is a serious spoiler warning:

spoilers:

Judging by the art Ricardo Federici posted online Bruce will turn into a demon. Or devil. Doesn't matter. One of the hashtags he used was #evilbatman. Should Lazarus Planet not end with him turning back into a human we might see Damian having to free Bruce from his demonic condition in BvsR #5
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Power Girl and Supergirl.
    The line up of heroes for Lazarus planet is interesting. I an happy to see so many characters who don't usually get focus/haven't had focus recently on the covers. Like Monkey Prince.

Hope they have prominent roles.
    Last edited by Fergus; 12-13-2022 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Or maybe their fight might continue in Batman vs Robin #5 because, big spoilers for Batman in Lazarus Planet, don't get angry at me if you don't want to know, this is a serious spoiler warning:

spoilers:

Judging by the art Ricardo Federici posted online Bruce will turn into a demon. Or devil. Doesn't matter. One of the hashtags he used was #evilbatman. Should Lazarus Planet not end with him turning back into a human we might see Damian having to free Bruce from his demonic condition in BvsR #5
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Don't mind Bruce being evil and getting saved by Damian. The thing I want most is Bruce admitting it was his fault Alfred Died. Stress that Damian wasn't at fault and he doesn't blame. Making it clear to Damian that since he was simply following orders and doing his duty as Robin, it was unreasonable and extremely cruel for him and Jason to put the blame on him for Alfred's death.
    end of spoilers

On a side note are people just ignoring the fact that Jason blamed a kid for the death of a beloved family member? i feel that fandom isn't acknowlegding this. The amiunt of times jason being victim blamed, treated badly, being trumatised, being a 'protector' of Children. one would think that his actions and words in TT and Alfred RIP would be brought up as frequently as well.

Damian is a trauma victim, a victim of abuse, a robin who has died many times, a kid who struggles to be accepted. He faces all the same struggles as Jason and has been through all the same hell as Jason, including literal hell [not sure if Jason was sent to actual hell when he died. Jason wasn't a child like Damian when he died but he wasn't a killer like Damian]
    is was extremely fucked up for Jason to blame Damian for Alfred's death. Even more fucked up and heartless to tell Damian that it was his fault.

surprised that we don't explore what would prompt someone who should know better to act that way.

Bruce I wasn't surprised. He has been a **** for decades before Damian was even ever a concept but Jason, I expected better.

spoilers:
    Don't mind Bruce being evil and getting saved by Damian. The thing I want most is Bruce admitting it was his fault Alfred Died. Stress that Damian wasn't at fault and he doesn't blame. Making it clear to Damian that since he was simply following orders and doing his duty as Robin, it was unreasonable and extremely cruel for him and Jason to put the blame on him for Alfred's death.
    end of spoilers

On a side note are people just ignoring the fact that Jason blamed a kid for the death of a beloved family member? i feel that fandom isn't acknowlegding this. The amiunt of times jason being victim blamed, treated badly, being trumatised, being a 'protector' of Children. one would think that his actions and words in TT and Alfred RIP would be brought up as frequently as well.

Damian is a trauma victim, a victim of abuse, a robin who has died many times, a kid who struggles to be accepted. He faces all the same struggles as Jason and has been through all the same hell as Jason, including literal hell [not sure if Jason was sent to actual hell when he died. Jason wasn't a child like Damian when he died but he wasn't a killer like Damian]
    is was extremely fucked up for Jason to blame Damian for Alfred's death. Even more fucked up and heartless to tell Damian that it was his fault.

surprised that we don't explore what would prompt someone who should know better to act that way.

Bruce I wasn't surprised. He has been a **** for decades before Damian was even ever a concept but Jason, I expected better.
    I think most Damian fans don't like talking about TT or Rip Pennyworth.

Tt was intentionally written to vilify and put Damian down. It was deliberate in tearing him down and making him the very worst. the purpose was to literally morph him into a little Hitler. It was racist, mean spirited and forced.

Same with Pennyworth. except that not only was it another part of DC's plans to turn Damian into the big bad for 5G. pennyworth RIP was also the 1st step in DC trying to retcon the events of Batman #77. To absolve Bruce of the blame for Alfred's death.

Both titles are there at the top of stories a lot of Damian fans would like to forget.

Personally. I think it's interesting. i don't think it needs further discussion but I don't feel that we should act like it never happened. It did happen. it might make some characters look bad [bruce, Alfred, Jason and tim] but flawed characters can sometimes prove to be the most interesting [imo]

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    So it's father and son v father and son. Don't mind demonic Bruce
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

Yeah, I also hope for Bruce to apologize for what ACTUALLY went down in City of Bane. None of that "I'm sorry I created a situation where you felt you had to save Alfred alone" bs or whatever the exact words in Shadow War were. No. Damian only followed Bruce's plan. The one time he did exactly as Bruce told him to and DC still tries to make it sound like it was Damian being reckless that got Alfred killed.

But with Alfred telling Bruce not to blame himself for his death in BvsR #3 I expect another insufficent apology. The third one.

Jason went to heaven. There is an old comic where another character got there (I can't remember who it was or why) and Jason is there.

Barbara told Jason Damian isn't responsible, but then didn't elaborate why he wasn't responsible. DC keeps dancing around it. I feel like they are deeply uncomfortable with Bruce's terrible, oh sorry, genius plan in City of Bane and want to protect Bruce, but trying to blame it on Damian also earned them backlash.
    So now they don't really know what to do. What Bruce did in City of Bane makes him look bad. But blaming it on Damian also makes him look bad. And Batman is not ever allowed to be truly at fault.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 12-13-2022 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    spoilers:
    So it's father and son v father and son. Don't mind demonic Bruce
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

Maybe? We don't know why Bruce turns yet. Does the volcano exploding turn everyone into demons? Does Bruce make a deal with King Fire Bull to defeat Nezha? Does he make a deal with Nezha so he lets Damian go? Hard to tell. But I assume he's already affected by whatever is going on with him in Lazarus Planet Alpha considering that his eyes are glowing green in the preview. Also, according to the last issue of Batman vs Robin the next issue is titled "sacrifice". It's only speculation, but a heroic sacrifice to save his son wouldn't be unreasonable in my opinion.
    end of spoilers

Dark Crisis: Big Bang KG Damian Cameo

Kingdom Come Damian Wayne Superman.jpg

spoilers:

Maybe? We don't know why Bruce turns yet. Does the volcano exploding turn everyone into demons? Does Bruce make a deal with King Fire Bull to defeat Nezha? Does he make a deal with Nezha so he lets Damian go? Hard to tell. But I assume he's already affected by whatever is going on with him in Lazarus Planet Alpha considering that his eyes are glowing green in the preview. Also, according to the last issue of Batman vs Robin the next issue is titled "sacrifice". It's only speculation, but a heroic sacrifice to save his son wouldn't be unreasonable in my opinion.
    end of spoilers
    What are your thoughts on the series?
    I decided not to support it since I was upset with the direction DC was taking with Damian but honestly, I keep seeing stuff about it online and it's been hard fighting the temptation to cave.

I'm determined to stick to my guns. I've given DC too much money for stuff I got out of loyalty rather than enjoyment.