Page 8 of 193 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    And since, Jason has tried to reach out, and back in Teen Titans under Glass (yeah, I know), Damian called Jason a traitor, attacked him without warning, used a box that had something very personal to Jason, and tried to blow both of them up with a suicide vest. Since, the two have barely interacted, and only in a negative way (outside of Robins, which is questionable to being main world or Elseworlds). The two need a proxy that is on good terms with both of them in order to initiate it. Right now, Rose is the closest to that.
    Calling someone who tried to kill you a traitor isn't far fetched. This is the same guy who refused to help when Alfred was in danger because he was pissed at bruce and then after he chickened out of standing and fighting with the others had the gull to accuse Damian. The 13 year who showed the most bravery and did the heavy lifting of getting Alfred killed!

Jason has a lot to do making things right with Damian.

Jason a grown man who shot a 10 year old and tried to soil his decency to a whole city doesn't need a proxy to be the bigger man. he is literally the bIGGER Man and the man between the two.

If Jason isn't mature/remorseful enough to do the right and mature thing then no amount of proxies will work.

Damian is currently dealing with the severe trauma of what happened with Alfred. Trauma which Jason is partly responsible for. The bad blood between the two isn't something a proxy can heal

Respect is earned. jason hasn't earned Damian's respect so a proxy won't work.
    Trust is earned. Damian accused Jason of being a traitor and Jason threatened to kill the innocent kids who were Damian's Team mates. They trust each other so a proxy would not work.

Jason should learn from Bruce and reach out. He is the adult. How old is Jason anyway? He looks similar to Dick in age but his behaviour is similar to like Tim's or Damian's age range.

Is he still supposed to be close to Tim in age? I know he died at 15 so he came back at age 15 [dead people don't age after all]

I'm asking because I keep calling him a man and expecting him to act accordingly but he might not be. He could be closer to Damian and Tim's age in which case his behaviour makes more sense.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 01-09-2022 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Calling someone who tried to kill you a traitor isn't far fetched. This is the same guy who refused to help when Alfred was in danger because he was pissed at bruce and then after he chickened out of standing and fighting with the others had the gull to accuse Damian. The 13 year who showed the most bravery and did the heavy lifting of getting Alfred killed!

Jason has a lot to do making things right with Damian.

Jason a grown man who shot a 10 year old and tried to soil his decency to a whole city doesn't need a proxy to be the bigger man. he is literally the bIGGER Man and the man between the two.

If Jason isn't mature/remorseful enough to do the right and mature thing then no amount of proxies will work.

Damian is currently dealing with the severe trauma of what happened with Alfred. Trauma which Jason is partly responsible for. The bad blood between the two isn't something a proxy can heal

Respect is earned. jason hasn't earned Damian's respect so a proxy won't work.
    Trust is earned. Damian accused Jason of being a traitor and Jason threatened to kill the innocent kids who were Damian's Team mates. They trust each other so a proxy would not work.

Jason should learn from Bruce and reach out. He is the adult. How old is Jason anyway? He looks similar to Dick in age but his behaviour is similar to like Tim's or Damian's age range.

Is he still supposed to be close to Tim in age? I know he died at 15 so he came back at age 15 [dead people don't age after all]

I'm asking because I keep calling him a man and expecting him to act accordingly but he might not be. He could be closer to Damian and Tim's age in which case his behaviour makes more sense.
    If dick is early 20's then Jason should be in his teens. 19 or so. he should be younger because he should be about 2 years older than Tim.

Him acting like a teen is expected. he is a teen.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    How old is Jason anyway? He looks similar to Dick in age but his behaviour is similar to like Tim's or Damian's age range.

Aside from his start as Robin in Pre Crisis (12) and his death certificate (15) his age as far as I know is never mentioned. He's 2 years older than Tim in Post Crisis and 7 years younger than Dick Pre Crisis. Post Crisis Tim's age timeline would place him at 18 when he first became Red Hood and 19 when Damian was 10.

Current flashback art shows he seems to be 12 as Robin but not old enough to be 15 when he died though that could just be the art and I can't imagine Red Hood younger than 18
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 01-09-2022 at 03:40 PM.

I don't really like the idea that everyone in Bat family should get along. I see nothing wrong with Damian having good relationship only with Dick as far as former Robins go.

But yeah, if they want to keep pushing this idea that everyone gets along just fine then maybe they should actually write some storylines where these characters resolve their difference and actually become friends. What we have now is basically a fanon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Aside from his start as Robin in Pre Crisis (12) and his death certificate (15) his age as far as I know is never mentioned. He's 2 years older than Tim in Post Crisis and 7 years younger than Dick Pre Crisis. Post Crisis Tim's age timeline would place him at 18 when he first became Red Hood and 19 when Damian was 10.

Current flashback art shows he seems to be 12 as Robin but not old enough to be 15 when he died though that could just be the art and I can't imagine Red Hood younger than 18
    He is just old enough to drink. during new 52, at this point he would be about 23.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

See since the new 52 they keep screwing with ages.

When Jason came back Tim was around 15 when he died, Tim was 13 that same time. So if Tim is 17 or 18 right now that puts him at 19 or 20. He can fake an id. Damian is what 14 now? So he should be may at oldest 21. Because 23 would put Tim at 20 and he's not 20 as far as we know. So, and this is my guess for ages roughly, correct me if wrong.

Dick, 26 to 28
    Jason 19 to 21(22?)
    Steph 18 to 20 (as I recall she's a year or some months older than him.
    Tim 17 to 19
    Cass 16 to 18?
    Duke 15 to 17?
    Damian 13 or 14 can't recall the birthday

By the way are they giving Rose Stephs role as female mentor to Damian because that's uh kinda mean to her and his relationship. As I recall Dick and Steph were the only two he was close with.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post

By the way are they giving Rose Stephs role as female mentor to Damian because that's uh kinda mean to her and his relationship. As I recall Dick and Steph were the only two he was close with.
    He's 14 now.

Yep, Rose is now taking Steph's place as Damian's older sister figure.

Which is weird but ever since Flashpoint, and Steph's re-introduction was in Eternals? There's no real connection for Damian and Steph in the current universe. Like Post Flashpoint Steph and Damian don't really got something to bond over, unlike Pre-Flashpoint it was the new Batgirl and new Robin, they had a similarity to bond over with. So the two are practically strangers to one another.

Unless you count the whole Death Metal event where everyone remembers their memories in all universes, then in theory, Damian and Steph still have their relationship Pre-Flashpoint.

Extraordinary Member

See since the new 52 they keep screwing with ages.

When Jason came back Tim was around 15 when he died, Tim was 13 that same time. So if Tim is 17 or 18 right now that puts him at 19 or 20. He can fake an id. Damian is what 14 now? So he should be may at oldest 21. Because 23 would put Tim at 20 and he's not 20 as far as we know. So, and this is my guess for ages roughly, correct me if wrong.

Dick, 26 to 28
    Jason 19 to 21(22?)
    Steph 18 to 20 (as I recall she's a year or some months older than him.
    Tim 17 to 19
    Cass 16 to 18?
    Duke 15 to 17?

No your right Tim should be 20, DC is holding him down unsure where to go with him

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    He's 14 now.

Yep, Rose is now taking Steph's place as Damian's older sister figure.

Which is weird but ever since Flashpoint, and Steph's re-introduction was in Eternals? There's no real connection for Damian and Steph in the current universe. Like Post Flashpoint Steph and Damian don't really got something to bond over, unlike Pre-Flashpoint it was the new Batgirl and new Robin, they had a similarity to bond over with. So the two are practically strangers to one another.

Unless you count the whole Death Metal event where everyone remembers their memories in all universes, then in theory, Damian and Steph still have their relationship Pre-Flashpoint.
    Has any writer acknowledged that at all? The whole death metal thing and their memories?

You would think some one would at least try for their friendship. Unless some one does that with the next Robin with her. And it kinda sucks that Rose and her can't share that duty. I'd actually like him to have a few female mentors/sisters in his life in the main cannon.

Yeah because Tim mentioned Benard was a school friend, but are they indicating High school or college.

Also makes me wonder when Damian gets older will he run into these same issues as Tim, because they probably will make a new Robin once he's about Jon's age. So like 16 and thats only like 3 or 4 years.

Which bring up, what role would Damian have if DC decided, hey let's do a new Robin.

Incredible Member

Has any writer acknowledged that at all? The whole death metal thing and their memories?

You would think some one would at least try for their friendship. Unless some one does that with the next Robin with her. And it kinda sucks that Rose and her can't share that duty. I'd actually like him to have a few female mentors/sisters in his life in the main cannon.

Yeah because Tim mentioned Benard was a school friend, but are they indicating High school or college.

Also makes me wonder when Damian gets older will he run into these same issues as Tim, because they probably will make a new Robin once he's about Jon's age. So like 16 and thats only like 3 or 4 years.

Which bring up, what role would Damian have if DC decided, hey let's do a new Robin.
    Years in comics are far from syncing with real world years. Damian could be 14 for the next 15 years if they have enough stories to tell with him.

Honestly, I'm not worried at all about Damian post Robin. It's not like his identity is being Robin. His identity is more him being the son of Batman and Talia, raised by assassins but deciding to be a hero. He could do exactly what he's doing using any other codename.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Years in comics are far from syncing with real world years. Damian could be 14 for the next 15 years if they have enough stories to tell with him.

Honestly, I'm not worried at all about Damian post Robin. It's not like his identity is being Robin. His identity is more him being the son of Batman and Talia, raised by assassins but deciding to be a hero. He could do exactly what he's doing using any other codename.
    depends if anyone relevant gets pregnant

Fantastic Member

Death Metal? Dunno but they are using it in someway like with Steph being Robin.

You don't got to worry of a new Robin, because honestly, what can top the Son of Batman being Robin? Also, think 14 is the max age he can be aged cause anymore that means the other bats getting aged.

As for Damian's role? Currently he's doing fine outside of Gotham, and I hope he goes globe trotting a bit more. That seems to be his strong suite like travelling the world

He could do exactly what he's doing using any other codename.
    Yeah his title and shtick is the Son of Batman, don't matter if his title isn't Robin. But him being Robin did put him on the radar. Let him be Robin for some years like Tim Drake was, so his name could be separated from Robin like Dick was.

It's too early for Damian to get a new codename, since his Robin series cementing his goal of whatever he's going to do post tournament.

There's an opinion for Damian to be re-named as Flamebird, which is a nice contrast to Nightwing. However, eh, personally I don't like mainly because it takes the title from another character that needs the alias.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    depends if anyone relevant gets pregnant
    There are rumors that Babs is going to get preggers.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    There are rumors that Babs is going to get preggers.
    There really is no foundation for this rumor other than some batgirls fans hoping it would cement Babs or Oracle, and Taylor promising something big for the Nightwing 100 issue that isn't a wedding.
    But the big 100 issue could be so many things. Dick joining the justice league, Dick running for mayor, Dick getting a sidekick. Babs getting pregnant and them having a baby wouldn't really help their story. There's a reason babies are aged up and become kids like Wally's kids, or erased from existence, and right now the batfamily needs neither.

Fantastic Member

There really is no foundation for this rumor other than some batgirls fans hoping it would cement Babs or Oracle, and Taylor promising something big for the Nightwing 100 issue that isn't a wedding.
    But the big 100 issue could be so many things. Dick joining the justice league, Dick running for mayor, Dick getting a sidekick. Babs getting pregnant and them having a baby wouldn't really help their story. There's a reason babies are aged up and become kids like Wally's kids, or erased from existence, and right now the batfamily needs neither.
    True true.

It's just keep hearing some sorts of things bout' Babs and Dick are really going to be endgame, the puppy issue, the kiss panel, Babs staying in Bludhaven, and the one future issue where's it's an explicit romance scene.

So I don't blame some of them thinking that Babs is going to be pregnant, at best I'll see a proposal from Dick to Babs but a wedding? Nah, ever since Batman Issue 50 my hopes for a wedding concerning any Batfam member is nil.

Astonishing Member

Future State version of Damian was mentioned in the latest issue of FS: Gotham. It seems like he just disappeared at some point, and Talia wants to find him.