Page 101 of 193 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2895
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I thought he said he was loving writing Robin not too long ago? Claiming it's the most fulfilling work he's done at DC? One would think if he had a choice [which DC titles to continue] he'd want to focus on 'the most fulfilling work he's done at DC'

I don't understand. Hopefully it'll make more sense when he shares more.
    Williamson likes writing Robin, but it's likely other works are more profitable.

Tynion has mentioned he gets more income from his own work than writing Batman. So, this will likely happen to Williamson, since he is a pretty popular comic writer too.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Williamson likes writing Robin, but it's likely other works are more profitable.

Tynion has mentioned he gets more income from his own work than writing Batman. So, this will likely happen to Williamson, since he is a pretty popular comic writer too.
    He also has some original stuff he wants to work on

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    No this writer is acknowledging what was done before and using those assets to continue his own. That’s the way to do it rather then pretend like their was nothing going on before.
    Thats all fine, but I'm thinking about what Williamson did in his run. Alfred ain't back and Damian hasn't resolved his issues with Bruce. I get the impression that both of those might get addressed in upcoming Waid's run. What we got is couple of new friends that we might never see again 1 year later, just like his other friends that were introduced in previous series.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

I know creator owned works are more profitable which was why I made it clear I was talking only about his DC works.
    He has dC works going into 2023 that he is continuing.

I'm wondering why he did not choose Robin as one of the DC owned projects he's focusing on?
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 05-26-2022 at 07:37 AM.

I know creator owned works are more profitable which was why I made it clear I was talking only about his DC works.

I'm wondering why he did not choose Robin as one of the DC owned projects he's focusing on?
    He said right from the start that he never planned to write Robin that long, especially not as long as his run on Flash.
    He said he had two big stories planned that all his work is leading into and by that I assume he meant Shadow War and Dark Crisis. Shadow War is almost over and Dark Crisis has begun. I guess he simply did what he wanted to do and now he wants to do something different.

Astonishing Member

Maybe it's because his other DC owned projects aren't ongoings. For example: Dark Crisis will have seven issues.

If Williamson wants to focus on creator owned project, an ongoing as Robin could be an issue.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    He said right from the start that he never planned to write Robin that long, especially not as long as his run on Flash.
    He said he had two big stories planned that all his work is leading into and by that I assume he meant Shadow War and Dark Crisis. Shadow War is almost over and Dark Crisis has begun. I guess he simply did what he wanted to do and now he wants to do something different.
    It does seem like Williamson is leaving a good deal earlier than he'd planned. There was this interaction early on, where he said he'd bring a lot of Damian's friends/supporting cast into the book down the line. So unless they all appear in the Lord Deathman/Flatline arc post-Shadow War, it seems like he didn't get to everything he had originally planned to do.

Twitter user: Hey @GlebMelnikov8 and @Williamson_Josh what are your opinions on Damian's friends from his past. Such as Jon, maya, Colin, maps

Joshua Williamson: We'll get them all in the new series. Might take a bit but we will.
    https://twitter.com/Williamson_Josh/...45133630050305

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Thats all fine, but I'm thinking about what Williamson did in his run. Alfred ain't back and Damian hasn't resolved his issues with Bruce. I get the impression that both of those might get addressed in upcoming Waid's run. What we got is couple of new friends that we might never see again 1 year later, just like his other friends that were introduced in previous series.
    Alfred being gone doesn’t just effect Damian , he thought he did wrong and needed to fix it but he came to another conclusion. I never belived he was gonna do that, it has to be a family descion. uh the story with Batman is still ongoing so yeah he hasn’t fixed it yet, they are in the middle of a shadow war.

But what Im guessing is you read through 14 issues and nothing ground breakinginly world shattering of permanence has happen yet that will change the DCEU forever.

If your looking for things like that, JL, Superman and. Batman are the only books that tend to do that.

Solo books are for personal growth and adventures.

I have no idea how we jumped to world shattering events.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    It does seem like Williamson is leaving a good deal earlier than he'd planned. There was this interaction early on, where he said he'd bring a lot of Damian's friends/supporting cast into the book down the line. So unless they all appear in the Lord Deathman/Flatline arc post-Shadow War, it seems like he didn't get to everything he had originally planned to do.

https://twitter.com/Williamson_Josh/...45133630050305
    Eh, plans change. He wrote that when it was just announced that he would write Robin and at a bit later he also said the tournament arc would only take eight issues and then Damian would return to Gotham and be focused on his father. Didn't really work out that way.
    In the interview I'm talking about he literally says that he can't imagine being on Robin for long.

Sad to hear Williamson is leaving Robin. why would they do that to him? Robin is one of DC's few solid sellers so why take that from the man. DC seems to have a thing for penalising humble creators.

They did it with Gleason, with Tomasi and now with Williamson. That or DC likes to sabotage Writers who are invested in Damian Wayne.

Following Williamson I'm taking a break from DC. I'm sick of this stupidity.

I had a LOT OF PATIENCE with Glass.. If I see Damian fans complaining with the new writer I will quickly leave.

If I see Real Damian fans complaining.. Not the typical shippers who always complain about everything. One Williamson recent tweet was a plague of stupid shippers insulting FL and all because all like the same Cursed Ship.

I heard recently that he planned write ROBIN like for 2 years.. Sadly plans change with the pass of time or editorial changes them

I think that Williamson planned to revive him initially but then.. DC avoided it.

We will see what happens with this WAID in Batman vs Robin.. After Glass I barely trust in DC writers to touch Damian. Minus few exceptions like Taylor. He changed to dislike Damian to be more Neutral with him in Injustice 2 comic.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-26-2022 at 05:02 PM.

I feel what we got in the latest issue is the best we are going to get as far as a resolution to the City of Bane fallout. DC's never going to have Bruce admit that he was responsible for Alfred's 'heroic sacrifice'

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I had a LOT OF PATIENCE with Glass.. If I see Damian fans complaining with the new writer I will quickly leave.

If I see Real Damian fans complaining.. Not the typical shippers who always complain about everything. One Williamson recent tweet was a plague of stupid shippers insulting FL and all because all like the same Cursed Ship.

I heard recently that he planned write ROBIN like for 2 years.. Sadly plans change with the pass of time or editorial changes them

I think that Williamson planned to revive him initially but then.. DC avoided it.

We will see what happens with this WAID in Batman vs Robin.. After Glass I barely trust in DC writers to touch Damian. Minus few exceptions like Taylor. He changed to dislike Damian to be more Neutral with him in Injustice 2 comic.
    Damian's arc in TT was mandated by editorial not creative choice by Glass. The reality is that Damian compared to most Bat characters actually gets positive treatment from DC writers.

Heck the two most popular bat characters [Bruce and Dick] have had it worse than Damian in Rebirth.

Ric
    Joker War
    DC v Vampires
    TFZ
    King's batman
    Alfred Rip
    RHATO 25
    Bruce in Robin and Tec
    just to name a few titles that have **** on Bruce and Dick. King's run was far worse than anything done to Damian in TT.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 05-28-2022 at 11:02 AM.

Damian's arc in TT was mandated by editorial not creative choice by Glass. The reality is that Damian compared to most Bat characters actually gets positive treatment from DC writers.

Heck the two most popular bat characters [Bruce and Dick] have had it worse than Damian in Rebirth..
    Glass made his part too...

Crush was a Damian hater.. She blamed him for everything.
    Damian and Djinn were allied brainwashing villains?? Damian fault like if he manipulated her while Roundhouse can really manipulate Djinn but can return to the team without problem.

Glass was someone who put his characters above the rest. If what I heard was not wrong(Damian left? I too) even tried to put Crush as that group leader when Emiko was the subleader

Then comic changes and New Girlfriend.. Wow. All this hate against Damian to quickly forget Djinn. I like Lobo enough to read a comic about him when I saw Crush&Lobo I decided not read it.

So.. I can not avoid hate Glass who made it worst for him.

I know that they suffered but not until which point despite I remember the RIC thing.. How DC did that to a beloved character like Dick Grayson?
    We will see what happens with Damian. New writer and another Batman vs Robin does not sound great for now.. More conflict between father and son.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-29-2022 at 04:21 PM.

Extraordinary Member

If Damian is possessed by nezha his bonding with the monkey king would kind of come full circle