Page 137 of 193 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2895

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    It seems like they quietly retcon this story out of continuity. At least, nobody mentions prison or Blood's murder.
    And quite frankly, that's exactly that fans wanted, considering, that it was literally one of the most hated ongoing story arcs at that point.
    The road to Batman v Robin collects those tt stories and is supposed to be set up for waid's book. Those stories haven't been retconed they are set up for Damian's next step.

Williamson also referenced them. I'm not a fan of retconning out bad or hated storylines.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

So Dceased is back and the first issue was great. The Alfred and Damian scene really got to me.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I like the fanart and unlike other times I am not missing Steph here.

Sadly these Wayne Adventures made the people more crazy than ever saying that Damian is "White Washed" just because his skin is darker here.
    Some even post Damian images to say that Shit.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

Sadly these Wayne Adventures made the people more crazy than ever saying that Damian is "White Washed" just because his skin is darker here.
    What’s so wrong with a visibly brown Damian? Everyone complains about all the Robins looking the same or like Bruce but the second anyone tries to change that by making them visibly distinct from each other, all of a sudden there’s a problem.

Damian has a lot of bad hateful stuff said about him. Saying he should be darker isn't one of them.

however it's insane how some fans disregard his Asian/Caucasian side. Like those fan castings that suggest Arabic actors for Damian. That is racist.

Damian isn't white washed. Yeah some of us wish he was canonically darker [consistently] but he doesn't have to be.

Damian isn't 100% Asian.
    Damian isn't 100% Middle Eastern.
    Damian is mixed.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    What’s so wrong with a visibly brown Damian? Everyone complains about all the Robins looking the same or like Bruce but the second anyone tries to change that by making them visibly distinct from each other, all of a sudden there’s a problem.
    Damian is canonically a carbon copy of bruce. There's nothing wrong with a visibly Brown Damian just like there's not wrong with a Damian that passes.

both are valid.

The problem might be representation. Damian is mixed. There 4 groups that want to claim him and those 4 groups have distinct looks/pigmentations.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 08-10-2022 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    I am saying something Damian having Dark skin??? NO.

Just saying that I see ridiculous see fans showing damian images and crying in twitter because the character is not like in that comic. Before Wayne Adventures I never saw people that invested in his skin.

He was introduced as White Guy(even talia was white during some time).. Do not say something like that he was White Washed just for that comic. Also he has mixed heritage. I saw persons saying that is not impossible that he has not his mother dark skin. Not only American he has Chinese roots too.

it's insane how some fans disregard his Asian/Caucasian side. Like those fan castings that suggest Arabic actors for Damian. That is racist.

Damian isn't white washed. Yeah some of us wish he was canonically darker [consistently] but he doesn't have to be.

Damian isn't 100% Asian.
    Damian isn't 100% Middle Eastern.
    Damian is mixed.

The problem might be representation. Damian is mixed. There 4 groups that want to claim him and those 4 groups have distinct looks/pigmentations.
    People can turn really crazy for representations purpose.. Even when is not related with the character and is just because they like this character.

4 GROUPS? He is Chinese, Arab, american and... ??

About be someone darker.. I liked his skin color in Percy Teen Titans. Something that quickly changed with Glass.
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-10-2022 at 10:07 AM.

Just saying that I see ridiculous see fans showing damian images and crying in twitter because the character is not like in that comic. Before Wayne Adventures I never saw people that invested in his skin.

He was introduced as White Guy(even talia was white during some time).. Do not say something like that he was White Washed just for that comic. Also he is mixed. I saw persons saying that is not impossible that he has not his mother dark skin. Not only American he has Chinese roots too.

People can turn really crazy for representations purpose.. Even when is not related with the character and is just because they like this character.

About be someone darker.. I liked his skin color in Percy Teen Titans. Something that quickly changed with Glass.
    He's of mixed heritage.

I know English isn't your 1st language. mixed isn't at all appropriate. That's highly offensive.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 08-10-2022 at 11:07 AM.

He's of mixed heritage.

I know English isn't your 1st language. Half breed isn't at all appropriate. That's highly offensive.
    OK. Sorry. I heard it like that once.

I did not knew that sounded that offensive.

OK. Sorry. I heard it like that once.

I did not knew that sounded that offensive.
    I get it. No worries. My dad often makes similar mistakes because English isn't his first language.

Ps i edited the comments
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 08-10-2022 at 11:08 AM.

What is so complicated about just coloring him brown? Mixed people can be brown or white, so why does Damian HAVE to be white and can't be brown no matter what, no exceptions? Just because his father is Bruce Wayne, who is white? You don't need to do some messed up "genetic calculus" just to justify a character being a certain color. Just do it. Let the racists die mad about it.

Yes there were. If there weren't, Damian wouldn't have been brown in WFA.

Extraordinary Member

Afaik those complains have been around since the beginning.

Jewish, even if I still think that there are some contradictions when it comes to that.