Page 10 of 193 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Understable. At this point I had already thought they weren't going to mention Damian at all. It's good news for me, at least, that they will address him with his own plot point. I ghope for longer than the last Batman Beyond title did, if the title survives. Some users at reddit commented that they were guessing the book will last for a while because currently it's one of the cheaper ones to make.

The title is surprisingly good if you dig futuristic settings and detective stories with a lot of action scenes and a slight noir vibe. In short: it's a monthly manga in a lot of ways (I sometimes have to remind myself that it reads left to right). It's aimed mostly to young adults or teens, and it's serious, but fun. Not a complex story. Nice dynamics between the characters in, and a pacer relatively fast. It does stop here and there to show secondary characters (like many manga do), but so far, those issues have ended adding to the main plots. I was honestly wary about it when it was released in that prologue story in FS: Dark Detective, because the solicits made it sound not very good for Jason. But I'm so glad I was so wrong. It's a book that's pretty centric around Jason, I would say he's the main character and the one that carries the narration the most. But as I said, it leaves room for several characters, like the batfam. I don't know, I'm liking it a lot: hits many spots I love altogether and it has a simple and sketched expressive that may not be detailed but I like quite a lot. The first story arc starts meh but has a pretty nice development in the second half. Art also gets a bit better, even if less polished: screentones were kinda eeeeeh :/ for the first two issues or so, and that usually triggers my TOC in some manga somehow xD.
    Thanks for the Deep dive @ zaresh. I think I will check it out. From what you and @morgath say it sounds like it's worth checking out. My reading list has declined and it looks like we might be looking at another quarantine so I'd be able to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    There are alternate universes and timelines where Batman or Superman or someone else is evil so I don't really see a problem if Damian is "Magneto" in this timeline.
    My problem wasn't so much with Damian going dark [666 batman is my favourite batman] my issue was that they purposely derailed main universe Damian to get there. Current Damian not an alternate was turned into a suicide bombing ex hell spawn and compared to hitler.

That is why I wasn't a fan of magneto Damian. It wasn't an alternate Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    That'd be acceptable. It's cool when vigilantes retire and I'd like Damian to have a peaceful and happy life. Not everyone has to do this till they are old
    Yeah. Believing that his father is dead and with all Gotham chaos with the Magistrate maybe he was unable to continue and said to himself that is time to disappear.. Or something similar.

He could had one accident and met someone who helped him and decide retire and live with her... He should have 18 or 19 years in that timeline.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 04-26-2022 at 12:55 PM.

Damian is Blue X.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Damian is Blue X.
    Uh, "Blue" X?

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    That's gorgeous.

I Like to see ROBIN here(It would be unfair not add it) but I think that deserves a Higher position:

https://www.cbr.com/cbr-top-100-comics-of-2021/

Robin is 74th.

I am not starfire is that Good?? I saw people angry with that. But here is the 33th..

I think that I should read NIGHTWING again.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I Like to see ROBIN here(It would be unfair not add it) but I think that deserves a Higher position:

https://www.cbr.com/cbr-top-100-comics-of-2021/

Robin is 74th.

I am not starfire is that Good?? I saw people angry with that. But here is the 33th..

I think that I should read NIGHTWING again.
    Casually comics covers I am not Starfire well. You should check out her video on it.

Part of the issue is that DC isn't exactly selling things well. People seem more invested in the Wayne Family Adventures than in what is going on in the main line because no one really knows. Is Future state an event or is it not? Where is everything lining up in the time line. Rebirth was strong with at least feeling like it was going some where and then everything else happened and we have this weird mess now.

Honestly at this point I really wish someone would just do a huge ass summit and sit all the teams down and go, "Okay what are we doing here for all these stories, and how do we show case the younger generation to younger readers to get them involved in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Casually comics covers I am not Starfire well. You should check out her video on it.

Part of the issue is that DC isn't exactly selling things well. People seem more invested in the Wayne Family Adventures than in what is going on in the main line because no one really knows. Is Future state an event or is it not? Where is everything lining up in the time line. Rebirth was strong with at least feeling like it was going some where and then everything else happened and we have this weird mess now.

Honestly at this point I really wish someone would just do a huge ass summit and sit all the teams down and go, "Okay what are we doing here for all these stories, and how do we show case the younger generation to younger readers to get them involved in comics.
    The DARK MULTIVERSE Chaos affected me more than when I saw things like SUPERMAN "Truth" and similar disappointing things and I barely read comics now. Included comics from characters that I like.

Reading JL Incarnate I saw one corrupted Earth 11 Batwoman. We do not need a Batwoman who laughs. Stop with that DC.. and unfortunately it seems that Robin 12 will have one Dark Multiverse Damian

I consider a sad thing that DC is not pushing ROBIN more. Anyway. Between Infinite Frontier&Future State maybe I should not be surprised about it. Anyway at least we obtained a good writer.
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-13-2022 at 03:25 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    The DARK MULTIVERSE Chaos affected me more than when I saw things like SUPERMAN "Truth" and similar disappointing things and I barely read comics now. Included comics from characters that I like.

Reading JL Incarnate I saw one corrupted Earth 11 Batwoman. We do not need a Batwoman who laughs. Stop with that DC.. and unfortunately it seems that Robin 12 will have one Dark Multiverse Damian

I consider a sad thing that DC is not pushing ROBIN more. Anyway. Between Infinite Frontier&Future State maybe I should not be surprised about it. Anyway at least we obtained a good writer.
    Robin is having an event with Batman and Deathstroke soon, and Damian seems to form his own gang and is teaming with Batman. I wouldn't say DC are neglecting Damian. He's in a very good place compared to almost all other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Robin is having an event with Batman and Deathstroke soon, and Damian seems to form his own gang and is teaming with Batman. I wouldn't say DC are neglecting Damian. He's in a very good place compared to almost all other characters.
    Hmmm. You can be right here.

I think that SADLY this gang it was one ARC team and that they will separate...

Anyway. At least Rose will continue here. We will see what happens with Flatline now.

Astonishing Member

Flatline probably will be remain as supporting character.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Flatline probably will be remain as supporting character.
    Yeah.. In the opposite case Williamson focus in her(+the origin) would had been a waste of time.