Page 115 of 193 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2895
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Solicits show that Tiffany is training. Jace and Tiffany as the next Batman and Robin?

Titans United is tv show.
    Young Justice Targets is tv show
    Earth Prime is tv shows
    Multiple books on road to Black Adam film
    Flash Fastest Man movie
    Batman Audio from HBO serial
    John Ridley, Tim Sheridan, Meghan Fitzmartin tv/film writers
    Plus all the writers of the tv/film books are from tv or film.
    I probably missed many. But if comics seem different, well many are not being written by comic pros.
    This is also happening because a lot of comic writers have gotten very lucrative Substack's deals and deals from Hollywood to turn their independent works into movies and tv shows, it has become a more competitive market for comic writers than Marvel and DC are used to, so they are turning to writers from the movie, tv and book industry to filled the gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    It would be best for both of them, I think. But there is demand for nostalgy (from writers as well, because it becomes clear, that lots of them just think, that Tim has to be Robin forever, and the same thing many fans think about Damian), lack of creativity and the inability to create new IPs.
    A lot of the current writers and editors grew up with Tim as their Robin so I believe they associate Tim with Robin subconsciously. Same goes for a generation of readers which is why it's difficult to envision/accept him as anything else.

It was the same with Dick Grayson I believe when DC graduated him. The difference is that DC committed to Nightwing and put in time and effort into him making the role his. and a success.

Had DC stuck to Red Robin and the series, I believe that by now Tim would have made red Robin his and a successful post Robin mantle.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    A lot of the current writers and editors grew up with Tim as their Robin so I believe they associate Tim with Robin subconsciously. Same goes for a generation of readers which is why it's difficult to envision/accept him as anything else.

It was the same with Dick Grayson I believe when DC graduated him. The difference is that DC committed to Nightwing and put in time and effort into him making the role his. and a success.

Had DC stuck to Red Robin and the series, I believe that by now Tim would have made red Robin his and a successful post Robin mantle.
    Actually I don’t think that’s necessarily true if your about 30 your Robin is Dick Grayson - TeenTitans THeBatman Young Justice

That whole YA teen titans book is born out of inspiration from that 2003 show

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Actually I don’t think that’s necessarily true if your about 30 your Robin is Dick Grayson - TeenTitans THeBatman Young Justice

I am 40 and my Robin is Tim pretty much. I remember Jason dying because my uncle told me about it.

I understand what you are saying though if your 30 because of the cartoons and animation. I see that.

Dick was my Robin on the screen because of the 60's tv show. Now I was born in 1981 but grew up watching all the reruns of Batman.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post

That doesn't line up. 30 year's ago Dick was no longer Robin.

Taylor
    King
    Abernathy
    Williamson for example are all older than30 and they all said Tim was their Robin growing up/when they got into comics.

Casuals and the next batch of DC's target audience will have Dick as their Robin because he is the most visible and WB gateway Robin.
    Last edited by dietrich; 06-19-2022 at 04:30 PM.

Extraordinary Member

That doesn't line up. 30 year's ago Dick was no longer Robin.

Taylor
    King
    Abernathy
    Williamson for example are all older than30 and they all said Tim was their Robin growing up/when they got into comics.

Casuals and the next batch of DC's target audience will have Dick as their Robin because he is the most visible and WB gateway Robin.
    Comic books are not very accessible to children unfortunately I couldn’t get my hands on them regularly until I was 16. So animation filled my void. By the time I was reading Damain was Robin.

Tim's problems stem from the New 52 reboot, yeah. He lost his solo book and was only in Teen Titans and Bat family crossovers. And it's also the reason Damian ended up narrowing their age gap.

Nightwing's existence was a compromise. Marv Wolfman didn't want to lose Robin, but the Batman writer wanted to de-age him and reunite the Dynamic Duo. Wolfman suggested creating a new Robin, and so Jason Todd was created and Dick traded in his pixie boots for what is now known as the Discowing suit. Batman got Robin back, but Wolfman was able to keep hold of Dick Grayson until 1994.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-20-2022 at 03:16 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

But surprisingly the "Pride Special" is (other than Batman: Arkham Knight - Robin Special and maybe the Teen Titans #0 issue) the fist Solo Comic Tim has had since Flash Point.

The other Robins had even out of continuity more solo issues than that ...

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Tim's problems stem from the New 52 reboot, yeah. He lost his solo book and was only in Teen Titans and Bat family crossovers. And it's also the reason Damian ended up narrowing their age gap.

Nightwing's existence was a compromise. Marv Wolfman didn't want to lose Robin, but the Batman writer wanted to de-age him and reunite the Dynamic Duo. Wolfman suggested creating a new Robin, and so Jason Todd was created and Dick traded in his pixie boots for what is now known as the Discowing suit. Batman got Robin back, but Wolfman was able to keep hold of Dick Grayson until 1994.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But surprisingly the "Pride Special" is (other than Batman: Arkham Knight - Robin Special and maybe the Teen Titans #0 issue) the fist Solo Comic Tim has had since Flash Point.

The other Robins had even out of continuity more solo issues than that ...
    Tim also had Batman Beyond in the new 52 after taking over the mantle from Terry.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    I am 40 and my Robin is Tim pretty much. I remember Jason dying because my uncle told me about it.

I understand what you are saying though if your 30 because of the cartoons and animation. I see that.

Dick was my Robin on the screen because of the 60's tv show. Now I was born in 1981 but grew up watching all the reruns of Batman.
    Tim was the first Robin I met when I started reading comics.

Well this is interesting. What was the point of adding the "Batman and Super" to the title? It leaves a huge chance for misinterpretation and misplaced expectations. If DC felt they needed to include a subtitle, what would have been so wrong with a "Robin vs. Superboy?"

The Matt Peters that is directing is not the Matt Peters that was on Orange is the New Black. Apparently, he directed the last DCAU movie as well as some Lego DC stuff, so there's some promise there.

EDIT: Here's his IMDB.
    Last edited by garazza; 06-20-2022 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Well this is interesting. What was the point of adding the "Batman and Super" to the title? It leaves a huge chance for misinterpretation and misplaced expectations. If DC felt they needed to include a subtitle, what would have been so wrong with a "Robin vs. Superboy?"

The Matt Peters that is directing is not the Matt Peters that was on Orange is the New Black. Apparently, he directed the last DCAU movie as well as some Lego DC stuff, so there's some promise there.

EDIT: Here's his IMDB.
    To generate max interest in the movie.

Thanks for posting.

Starro. Interesting. Fresh from The suicide Squad.
    I wonder if we'll get a Jarro cameo?

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    To generate max interest in the movie.
    Wow, guess we're doing SEO and clickbait in the literal title of movies now instead of just in the marketing.