Page 119 of 193 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 2895
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    That movie says they're teenagers trying to save their possessed parents.

sigh

Am I the only one who misses Damian and Jon as children rather than angsty teens?

Nope. I miss them. Every time I read SupermanJon I miss kid Jon.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I wonder if Primer is going to bring her Audience with her? That character is doing ridicules within the YA markets. Her title has been on the Amaxzon Top 50 since it came out like 2 or so years ago.

Let me guess, You don't like Teen Lantern?

I prefer Tai. Why DC undercut him I'll never understand. He was created months before Gleason introduced Teen Lantern
    I liked Teen Lantern. It seemed Thorne didn't. He sidelined her and then did everything but kill her!

Extraordinary Member

That movie says they're teenagers trying to save their possessed parents.

sigh

Am I the only one who misses Damian and Jon as children rather than angsty teens?
    Damian has always been angsty due to the ninja turtle effect isn’t recognized as the angry robin, but he’s mad and with good reason

Let me guess, You don't like Teen Lantern?

I prefer Tai. Why DC undercut him I'll never understand. He was created months before Gleason introduced Teen Lantern
    Yikes. Gleason had a hand in Keli's creation too? (Between her and Maya, he really loves his Afro Latina characters I guess)

I thought we only had Bendis to blame for her considering how much of that run's problem was the focus on his OCs and pet characters over the main four.

Either way, I'm also not a fan of hers. Which is a shame because her backstory actually is kind of interesting. I'd still much rather have Tai than her, any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    T

The DEO knows Damian is Robin? Why don't they just out the Bat family if they know who they are?

By the way, I assume that blonde is Cameron Chase.
    She knows that are related... But I think that not more.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeah between Jon being what he is, Gar getting **** on worse than he EVER has been in the past, and Bart's relevance continuing to hang by a thread, Damian's kinda all I got left. Whatever's going on with his solo right now, I'm gonna need it to be temporary.
    Is that bad GAR(Garfield = Beast Boy) situation in this moment?

I also think that if DC ruins Damian in someway or I do not see him anywhere in months that I am out.
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-25-2022 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Is that bad GAR(Garfield = Beast Boy) situation in this moment?
    First he was featured in one of (if not the) worst Teen Titans runs that I've ever had the displeasure of reading. Then at the end of that run he was forcibly fused to Cyborg as some bullshit attempt at saving his life (when really, the author just wanted to incorporate his bad idea from his bad Future State book). And now, in Dark Crisis, he's been shot in the head by Deathstroke. In the same issue that also seemingly killed off one of the only good characters from Teen Titans Academy.

I'm used to DC mistreating the Titans. Gar especially. But they've really been coming for him lately. It's like he's only allowed to shine in out of continuity books like Titans United, and that alt universe that Gabriel Picolo is doing.
    Last edited by Blue22; 06-25-2022 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    First he was featured in one of (if not the) worst Teen Titans runs that I've ever had the displeasure of reading. Then at the end of that run he was forcibly fused to Cyborg as some bullshit attempt at saving his life (when really, the author just wanted to incorporate his bad idea from his bad Future State book). And now, in Dark Crisis, he's been shot in the head by Deathstroke. In the same issue that also seemingly killed off one of the only good characters from Teen Titans Academy.

I'm used to DC mistreating the Titans. Gar especially. But they've really been coming for him lately. It's like he's only allowed to shine in out of continuity books like Titans United, and that alt universe that Gabriel Picolo is doing.
    THAT SUCKS...

They did not learned from Glass TT apparently. Beast Boy is maybe the MOST LIKEABLE member of that team to treat him like that.

Extraordinary Member

Tentative date for battle of the supersons
    September 9th

Astonishing Member

It's closer, than I thought, I was expecting Novermber-December.
    I guess we're getting trailer soon, probably at Comic Con.

Damian could receive the hate that he received in the past as kid. Despite "love him" too much is not better. Sadly Twitter showed me that.

Perhaps before ROBIN run... Because Glass TT made his 13th a terrible time. Now I am fine with him as 14 years teen.
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-25-2022 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Damian could receive the hate that he received in the past as kid. Despite "love him" too much is not better. Sadly Twitter showed me that.

Perhaps before ROBIN run... Because Glass TT made his 13s suck. Now I am fine with him as 14 years teen.
    Damian never received hate because he was a kid.

Damian received and receives hate because he pisses some people off. His character wasn't created with likeability as a key component of the design process.

His character fits his background, upbringing and who his folks are.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Tentative date for battle of the supersons
    September 9th
    Wow that's just a few months. I'm excited.

Damian never received hate because he was a kid.

Damian received and receives hate because he pisses some people off. His character wasn't created with likeability as a key component of the design process.

His character fits his background, upbringing and who his folks are.
    When he was a kid because his attitude.. That improved with the pass of years.

I think that is less hate that some years ago... Or perhaps is my imagination because of some people saying that hated him and changed their minds.
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-25-2022 at 03:15 PM.

Art by writingtheworks

https://writingtheworks.tumblr.com/p...e-this-team-dc
    Suren Darga (villain from Robin: Son of Batman), Impulse (Irey West), Batgirl (Nell Little, from a possible future in which Steph is Nightwing seen at the end of her 2009 Batgirl series)
    Speedy (Lian Harper), Colin Wilkes, Beacon (Kathy Branden, from Superman Rebirth), Mar'i Grayson (AU daughter of Dick and Starfire)
    Nobody, Robin, Superboy.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-26-2022 at 06:17 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

A little spoiler from Robin #15.
    spoilers:
    Damian leaves both Bruce and Talia behind, claiming, that he wants to find his own path. Basically, it's another confirmation, that currently DC prefers Damian to be far away from Bruce, Bat-Family and Gotham.
    end of spoilers