Page 174 of 193 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 2895

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Dc sucks at marketing it appears if even Damian fans are unaware of this book.

I heard about it once but I forgot about it

When it will be out?
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-24-2022 at 11:56 AM.

OMGGGG I am so excited for new Picolo graphic novel!! I wanted see he drawing Damian so hard <3

All-New Member

1.jpg
    I know Picolo's art is great but.. I don't get my hopes up anymore.

Dc sucks at marketing it appears if even Damian fans are unaware of this book.

I'm actually pretty excited for this. Really enjoyed seeing Damian in that Beast Boy/Raven story that came out before it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I'm actually pretty excited for this. Really enjoyed seeing Damian in that Beast Boy/Raven story that came out before it.
    ?? When? Where?

Last edited by adrikito; 10-26-2022 at 12:50 PM.

this is from the 6 page short story I'm working on in my free time (lol), just for fun!
    I plan to finish it by Halloween, no promises tho
    https://twitter.com/GlebMelnikov8/st...33507681026049

lol Japanese mangakas love to make little sketches and comics of their characters. Surprised more Western don't post stuff like this more often.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    https://twitter.com/GlebMelnikov8/st...33507681026049

lol Japanese mangakas love to make little sketches and comics of their characters. Surprised more Western don't post stuff like this more often.
    That's amazing. Glad he's still passionate about the character.

Quote Originally Posted by bluelolly View Post
    1.jpg
    I know Picolo's art is great but.. I don't get my hopes up anymore.
    I'm pretty hopeful and optimistic about this/ The others in the series have been fun.

If someone is interested in it. Williamson talks about Damian here:

https://joshuawilliamson.substack.co...d-project-list

It seems that he has been interested in him for years..

It was a fun horror story with Damian and Kara having a bit of tension that turned into friendship. I think?

Afterward I asked if it were possible to write MORE Damian/Robin. I was told no.
    For almost 10 years I kept trying to write Damian. Any chance I had. And I had almost given up.

Until spring of 2020. I was wrapping up Flash when DC asked if I was interested in doing a Robin series
    One sad truth about Robin:

I also knew that “BATMAN VS ROBIN” was coming in fall 2022, so the series had a ticking clock built into it with it ending in summer 2022.
    and talking about Bat vs Robin.. Something improved here?
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-28-2022 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

When it was first announced that Williamson was leaving and Robin was ending I said [on this thread] that DC was behind it and everyone came back at me saying that it was Williamson's choice not DC.

Afterall Williamson gave an interview saying he was leaving because he wanted to focus on creator owned work. I responded that it was odd that someone so passionate about a character should leave so soon after getting the chance.

Turns out I was correct. Just because a creator says something in an interview doesn't make it true. Sometimes it's spin or damage control or creating buzz.

Now how long before someone comes out with the real story about the decision to make Tim bi because news flash, that nonsense about editorial knowing nothing about it is a stupid story that insults the intelligence of the readers.

Robin is a very valuable intellectual property. You don't **** around with it unless you are a multi millionaire who has the funds to pays legal fees and damage fees for decades.

No writer or editor at Dc has the power to so such a thing nor are they insane enough or rich enough to take such a gamble. It's just not possible. That's not how things like that work and it's shocking to me that there are folks out there with reading comprehension who actually believed that horse ****.

Anyway my point is, creators sometimes lie in interviews.

So Batman v Robin was pre planned even before Williamson came on to pitch his Robin series meaning that whatever Waid and DC have planned for Damian is carrying on from TT by Glass. Joy.

At least we got Williamson's Robin. Maybe Perch is telling the truth. DC interviewing creator to relaunch a Damian series seems likely if BvR predates Williamson's Robin.

The question is where are they taking the character?

I'm glad Williamson got his chance at Robin. Even more glad that the series was a success. It feels good to see how it's doing in trade.

Hope the success means Dc keeps inventing in Damian's character.

Garcia's Titans Robin is already doing big business just on pre-orders. Yeah that's Dick and Damian combined so not a solo but it's still a positive.

Increased content featuring Damian Wayne and/or Dick Grayson is always welcome in my book.
    Last edited by dietrich; 10-28-2022 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

So Robin was always going to be a limited series? Why didn't they just say that? It's almost like DC wanted to make this whole Robin 2021 debacle seem like a failure.

Plan for it to be limited series
    advertise it as an ongoing
    cancel it
    Advertise the return of everyone's favourite Robin Tim by publicly telling Damian to step aside
    Dc your bias is showing.

How has DC managed to stay in business for so long?
    It never lined up that a creator who has been itching to write a character for years would after 18 issues decide that he's had enough and now wants to focus on other work. That's not how passion projects work.

Williamson likely had to clean due him taking on Superman. A move that contradicted his claim about dropping Robin because he wanted to focus on creator owned work.

This doesn't improve things since it simply highlights that plenty of people behind the scenes don't care about what's best for Damian.

Robin's New GirlFriend Will Mess You Up. Flatline Origins.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Robin's New GirlFriend Will Mess You Up. Flatline Origins.
    My God! People must love ships. How does this video have so many views compared to other videos on the channel.

A video about Robin's Gilfriend should be more popular than A superman, A Joker, A Robin or a Batfamily video.

Interesting video.

She's pretty much on the money with Flatline's flaws and her attributes.

The only thing I disagree with her on is the line about Damian's interest in manga being something to differentiate him from his brothers.

Damian is very different from the others. He's an artist, a drama student and a musician. He is vegetarian and he loves animals.

He already had plenty of interests that set him apart from his brothers and it's not like he's the only one who likes reading.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    When it was first announced that Williamson was leaving and Robin was ending I said [on this thread] that DC was behind it and everyone came back at me saying that it was Williamson's choice not DC.

Afterall Williamson gave an interview saying he was leaving because he wanted to focus on creator owned work. I responded that it was odd that someone so passionate about a character should leave so soon after getting the chance.

Turns out I was correct. Just because a creator says something in an interview doesn't make it true. Sometimes it's spin or damage control or creating buzz.

Now how long before someone comes out with the real story about the decision to make Tim bi because news flash, that nonsense about editorial knowing nothing about it is a stupid story that insults the intelligence of the readers.

Robin is a very valuable intellectual property. You don't **** around with it unless you are a multi millionaire who has the funds to pays legal fees and damage fees for decades.

No writer or editor at Dc has the power to so such a thing nor are they insane enough or rich enough to take such a gamble. It's just not possible. That's not how things like that work and it's shocking to me that there are folks out there with reading comprehension who actually believed that horse ****.

Anyway my point is, creators sometimes lie in interviews.

So Batman v Robin was pre planned even before Williamson came on to pitch his Robin series meaning that whatever Waid and DC have planned for Damian is carrying on from TT by Glass. Joy.

At least we got Williamson's Robin. Maybe Perch is telling the truth. DC interviewing creator to relaunch a Damian series seems likely if BvR predates Williamson's Robin.

The question is where are they taking the character?

I'm glad Williamson got his chance at Robin. Even more glad that the series was a success. It feels good to see how it's doing in trade.

Hope the success means Dc keeps inventing in Damian's character.

Garcia's Titans Robin is already doing big business just on pre-orders. Yeah that's Dick and Damian combined so not a solo but it's still a positive.

Increased content featuring Damian Wayne and/or Dick Grayson is always welcome in my book.
    Yeah that story about the writers making Tim Bi without the editors knowing is stupid as ****. That's such an obvious lie I'm not sure how they said that without being laughed out of the room.

The YA audience love Garcia so nor surprised it's doing well. It's already out performing the other YA titles focused on Robin, Dick Grayson or Damian Wayne.

I'm happy because this is a young audience. The next gen so let catch em young