Page 102 of 193 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2895

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Damian's arc in TT was mandated by editorial not creative choice by Glass. The reality is that Damian compared to most Bat characters actually gets positive treatment from DC writers.

Heck the two most popular bat characters [Bruce and Dick] have had it worse than Damian in Rebirth.

Ric
    Joker War
    DC v Vampires
    TFZ
    King's batman
    Alfred Rip
    RHATO 25
    Bruce in Robin and Tec
    just to name a few titles that have **** on Bruce and Dick. King's run was far worse than anything done to Damian in TT.
    Thank you. Bruce Wayne gets more bad writing than the bat family and it's disingenuous that so many batfam fans seldom admit it.

- Glass strapped a bomb to Damian. That was racist and is more damaging to Glass than Damian. The subject of negative racist stereotyping. In this context slightly damaging to Damian but turned out to make most sympathetic to the character.

- Had him job to Jason. Damian is a child while Jason is a man who Damian has beaten several times. So not a negative for Damian. Since this happened after RHATO25 the discuss was focused on how fans can decry Bruce beating up Jason and yet no one was calling out Jason beating up Damian. So Damian ended up coming off as a sympathetic victim of violence. So not damaging for damian.

- made him a jailer [something that is already a core part of everyone who works with batman] They are all illegal jailers. They all stood by and took guard duty in their mentors Illegal Jail. That was in character and something that EVERY Bat Family member will do because they have all been accomplices to Batman doing the same. There's a literal jail in their homebase.
    Only Damaging when viewed from a position of bias. Status Quo for fans who read batman comics [even new fans since Batman's jail was a part of King's batman and Snyder's metal]

- Had him mind wipe bad guys. That is damaging especially since Bruce is against the practise being a victim of mind wiping by the JL.

- Tried to make him the fall guy. not damaging since that is blatantly contradicted by the actual story.

All in all Glass didn't do significant damage to Damian and most DC writers treat him well.

I trust most DC writers with Damian. Only a handful have characterised him poorly/occ.
    Last edited by Fergus; 05-30-2022 at 08:41 AM.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Glass made his part too...

Crush was a Damian hater.. She blamed him for everything.
    Damian and Djinn were allied brainwashing villains?? Damian fault like if he manipulated her while Roundhouse can really manipulate Djinn but can return to the team without problem.

Glass was someone who put his characters above the rest. If what I heard was not wrong(Damian left? I too) even tried to put Crush as that group leader when Emiko was the subleader

Then comic changes and New Girlfriend.. Wow. All this hate against Damian to quickly forget Djinn. I like Lobo enough to read a comic about him when I saw Crush&Lobo I decided not read it.

So.. I can not avoid hate Glass who made it worst for him.

I know that they suffered but not until which point despite I remember the RIC thing.. How DC did that to a beloved character like Dick Grayson?
    We will see what happens with Damian. New writer and another Batman vs Robin does not sound great for now.. More conflict between father and son.
    They all blamed Damian for everything. Glass used them as a mouthpiece to justify why Damian should no longer be Robin.

Glass was hired to write a story that sets Damian back and leads to him losing Robin. That's what Glass said. His own words. So again it was DC and he was simply doing his job. We don't know how he feels about Damian. The writing isn't always a reflection of the writers feelings.

Damian is Tynion's least favourite Robin but he treats him well 90% of the time.

Morrison introduced Damian into main canon yet they also are the reason why Damian gets the hate he gets today. They was the 'worst' for Damian [as you put it] because they wrote Damian becoming the new Robin which lead to Tim losing Robin. 85% of the hate that still follows Damian to this day is from Tim fans who are still resentful and blame Damian for his downfall.

Tomasi loves Damian yet he has regressed Damian more than any other writer by a wide margin.

- he turned him into a killer after Damian stopped killing.
    - He turned Damian from a vegetarian animal lover into a meat loving kid who kills animals for shits and giggles.
    - He ignored damian's past growth and development in B&R, Batgirl and Gates of Gotham just to prop up his relationship with Jon.

Not sure where you heard that Glass wanted to make Crush the leader but that is a dumb lie. think about it, Crush being the leader would make her the bad guy responsible for the bad things the group did.

Why would glass want that for his own creation?
    Crush as the leader absolves Damian of all the blame meaning that he doesn't get set back and doesn't lose robin. the whole reason why the team was set up in the first place.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 05-30-2022 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Thank you. Bruce Wayne gets more bad writing than the bat family and it's disingenuous that so many batfam fans seldom admit it.

- Glass strapped a bomb to Damian. That was racist and is more damaging to Glass than Damian. The subject of negative racist stereotyping. In this context slightly damaging to Damian but turned out to make most sympathetic to the character.

- Had him job to Jason. Damian is a child while Jason is a man who Damian has beaten several times. So not a negative for Damian. Since this happened after RHATO25 the discuss was focused on how fans can decry Bruce beating up Jason and yet no one was calling out Jason beating up Damian. So Damian ended up coming off as a sympathetic victim of violence. So not damaging for damian.

- made him a jailer [something that is already a core part of everyone who works with batman] They are all illegal jailers. They all stood by and took guard duty in their mentors Illegal Jail. That was in character and something that EVERY Bat Family member will do because they have all been accomplices to Batman doing the same. There's a literal jail in their homebase.
    Only Damaging when viewed from a position of bias. Status Quo for fans who read batman comics [even new fans since Batman's jail was a part of King's batman and Snyder's metal]

- Had him mind wipe bad guys. That is damaging especially since Bruce is against the practise being a victim of mind wiping by the JL.

- Tried to make him the fall guy. not damaging since that is blatantly contradicted by the actual story.

All in all Glass didn't do significant damage to Damian and most DC writers treat him well.

I trust most DC writers with Damian. Only a handful have characterised him poorly/occ.
    Batman gets treated like **** a lot and that gets hand waved. However he also gets a lot of content so maybe thats why fans don't make such a fuss?

Extraordinary Member

- Had him job to Jason. Damian is a child while Jason is a man who Damian has beaten several times.
    You could also claim that they had Jason jobbing to Damian before ...

Since this happened after RHATO25 the discuss was focused on how fans can decry Bruce beating up Jason and yet no one was calling out Jason beating up Damian. So Damian ended up coming off as a sympathetic victim of violence. So not damaging for damian.
    When it comes to calling Jason out, that's harder to judge since we have still no idea what was in that box...

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    You could also claim that they had Jason jobbing to Damian before ...
    I could but i'm not. When it comes to power scaling the only valid metric to go by is the opinion of writers. If majority of batfamily writers believe that Damian is a better combatant than jason then that's what I go by. Before the main batman line of books writers [Seeley, King, Tynion with Lobdell not contesting the list] ranked them recently Jason was on par with Damian.

glass isn't a bat book writer and admitted the goal of the Run was to set Damian back forcing him onto a dark path therefore I consider the fight was written deliberately to make Damian look bad.

Most important of all this is discussing glass damaging Damian not Damian vs Jason in other titles.

When it comes to calling Jason out, that's harder to judge since we have still no idea what was in that box..

i'm not judging Jason nor does it matter what was in the box. The discuss on line was that hypocrisy of some fans calling out Bruce for physically abusing jason while ignoring Jason physically abusing a child and threatening to kill kids who had nothing to do with Damian attacking him.

Extraordinary Member

Before the main batman line of books writers [Seeley, King, Tynion with Lobdell not contesting the list] ranked them recently Jason was on par with Damian.
    From what I remember the list was only done by King, and Lobdell was actually saying that Jason should be higher.

And King seems to really dislike Jason (saying something like his tactical abilities are below the once of Ace the Bathound) and is based on his Batman run really bad at power rankings (or does really poor research when it comes to the abilities of villains).

They all blamed Damian for everything. Glass used them as a mouthpiece to justify why Damian should no longer be Robin.

Glass was hired to write a story that sets Damian back and leads to him losing Robin. That's what Glass said. His own words. So again it was DC and he was simply doing his job. We don't know how he feels about Damian. The writing isn't always a reflection of the writers feelings.

Damian is Tynion's least favourite Robin but he treats him well 90% of the time.

Morrison introduced Damian into main canon yet they also are the reason why Damian gets the hate he gets today. They was the 'worst' for Damian [as you put it] because they wrote Damian becoming the new Robin which lead to Tim losing Robin. 85% of the hate that still follows Damian to this day is from Tim fans who are still resentful and blame Damian for his downfall.

Tomasi loves Damian yet he has regressed Damian more than any other writer by a wide margin.

- he turned him into a killer after Damian stopped killing.
    - He turned Damian from a vegetarian animal lover into a meat loving kid who kills animals for shits and giggles.
    - He ignored damian's past growth and development in B&R, Batgirl and Gates of Gotham just to prop up his relationship with Jon.

Not sure where you heard that Glass wanted to make Crush the leader but that is a dumb lie. think about it, Crush being the leader would make her the bad guy responsible for the bad things the group did.

Crush as the leader absolves Damian of all the blame meaning that he doesn't get set back and doesn't lose robin. the whole reason why the team was set up in the first place.
    Watching this IN A DIFFERENT WAY. Have a Group of Retards putting that Pressure in you... Of course that can corrupt you. Is the kind of situation that LATER the group should feel guilty if the one that they have been bothering corrupted later.

Curiously I heard someone recently saying that Damian had BETTER LUCK than his previous team after leave them and that clearly it was the best for him.. Agree in that make his torture longer was a bad idea.

Even that Stupid roundhouse blamed him for his sister when he tried to kill the team. KF created that chaos in the prison and perhaps even Emiko blamed him for Slade "dead".

Yeah. Tynion is usually good with him. When Tim fans LIKE blame Damian for his character Bad Luck.

I see.. Another with the Regression think despite is Loved. Forgot about it because Tomasi because is Always involved in Supersons projects and twitter made me enough TIRED of Shippers to find their reasons of that.

Hmmm.. Perhaps one of the last solicitations sounded like that but I left befora that solicitation was out.

I see.. Is just that I can not avoid feel hate against her. She was superannoying and only with Damian.

Damn. Then how bad that she did not made it.. Despite I think that Most of Damian fans will not have too much love for her.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-31-2022 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Watching this IN A DIFFERENT WAY. Have a Group of Retards putting that Pressure in you... Of course that can corrupt you. Is the kind of situation that LATER the group should feel guilty if the one that they have been bothering corrupted later.

Curiously I heard someone recently saying that Damian had BETTER LUCK than his previous team after leave them and that clearly it was the best for him.. Agree in that make his torture longer was a bad idea.

Even that Stupid roundhouse blamed him for his sister when he tried to kill the team. KF created that chaos in the prison and perhaps even Emiko blamed him for Slade "dead".

Yeah. Tynion is usually good with him. When Tim fans LIKE blame Damian for his character Bad Luck.

I see.. Another with the Regression think despite is Loved. Forgot about it because Tomasi because is Always involved in Supersons projects and twitter made me enough TIRED of Shippers to find their reasons of that.

Hmmm.. Perhaps one of the last solicitations sounded like that but I left befora that solicitation was out.

I see.. Is just that I can not avoid feel hate against her. She was superannoying and only with Damian.

Damn. Then how bad that she did not made it.. Despite I think that Most of Damian fans will not have too much love for her.
    I'm not a fan of Crush either. Don't liked RH either. Djinn is the only one of the OG characters that I like.

Astonishing Member

So, Damian and Bruce finally made amends in Shadow War finale, and it seems like they're sticking together for a while.

Well, it may not have happened the way that I wish it did, but I'm glad they're at least back on the same page. Same goes for his relationship with Talia. I like those rare moments where Damian is on good terms with both of his parents.

I'm really disappointed in Shadow War as a whole, but I thought the ending was pretty good, and a fantastic showing for Damian.

Extraordinary Member

I like what Williams did here. He kept Bruce to the back so the book get the bat promo but the story focused on Talia Slade and Damian primarily. It was a lot fun.

Sadi he run ends in a few months but waid seems to be following the Al ghoul demon story.

I'm not a fan of Crush either. Don't liked RH either. Djinn is the only one of the OG characters that I like.
    Roundhouse was terrible.. He does not even focused in Damian the one that he hated. He even attacked his other teammates.

Yeah. Djinn was the only that was fine. But probably we have this opinion because was removed before the things could turn against them.. Or perhaps no.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-31-2022 at 12:48 PM.

Last edited by CPSparkles; 06-01-2022 at 06:54 AM.

Last edited by CPSparkles; 06-01-2022 at 07:23 AM.