Page 108 of 193 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 2895
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Is sad that people can not focus in his/her own things without say stupid things about what they do not understand..

I remember a woman comment in twitter about LGTB saying that comics suck now and that Japanese reading is Superior. She received a lot of comments laughing about it saying that she was blind and Japanese culture does not dislike that even adding lists of japanese series that showed Yaoi and Yuri content.

I am used to listen about Jay haters but... Jon haters?? and Bernand too... Ahhh... TimKon. Yeah. Here happens the same that with Damian and Jon.
    People who use the line "this is why manga's are beating comics" are either pushing an agenda or are ignorant. manga has been beating comics for a longtime. It's not about the content but more about the culture and the way Manga and Anime work in tandem. I've been to Japan and manga is a key part of the lives. pretty much everyone reads em. It's surreal being on the tube and every single person has their eyes glued to their phones reading manga.

They are everywhere. I've never seen anything like that. It's not like here where comics are a niche hobby.

Maybe if western comics had more inclusion and was willing to cater to random interests like Boylove, CatGirls, magicalGirls etc they might sell more. Make it so there's something for everyone just like Manga.

It's bizarre that a lot of the piople that think they are accepting and proggresive are the ones behind the explosion of content that reduces

Yeah. Anime helps a lot to make people learn about some mangas. If they are good enough people can start even buying the manga.
    My cousin a One Piece fan has some small books(not a lot of mangas in his house) with One Piece manga content. Maybe he waits until one volume is out to buy it..

Wow.. That is surprising. Anyway I heard that Students and people who work in Japan need something like mangas because have a hard life between Studies and work.. Japaneses style of life make them that sucessful here.

What have the Catgirls in special in your comment? More Yuri content? Sorry. I am used to see catgirls as secondary characters in series. I am even surprised to listen a catgirls mention here.
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-11-2022 at 08:21 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    People who use the line "this is why manga's are beating comics" are either pushing an agenda or are ignorant. manga has been beating comics for a longtime. It's not about the content but more about the culture and the way Manga and Anime work in tandem. I've been to Japan and manga is a key part of the lives. pretty much everyone reads em. It's surreal being on the tube and every single person has their eyes glued to their phones reading manga.

They are everywhere. I've never seen anything like that. It's not like here where comics are a niche hobby.

Maybe if western comics had more inclusion and was willing to cater to random interests like Boylove, CatGirls, magicalGirls etc they might sell more. Make it so there's something for everyone just like Manga.

It's bizarre that a lot of the piople that think they are accepting and proggresive are the ones behind the explosion of content that reduces
    ???? what? Content that what?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Even if he was in seclusion, he's been living in America for four years now, he'd seen Pride on the news or social media. Confused ally Damian as a concept is fun though, it's just not done right in that particular specific. The part where he asked if they checked the security from the balcony to the sewers is on point.
    I liked that take on Damian as well.

Nothing new about who will Write ROBIN after Williamson? We are almost at 15 of June... In theory the next Friday the solicitation will be out.

Extraordinary Member

Nothing new about who will Write ROBIN after Williamson? We are almost at 15 of June... In theory the next Friday the solicitation will be out.
    We’re just gonna way for the solicits
    And pray it’s not lobdell

Astonishing Member

We'll know next Friday.
    But I guess there's a chance, that Batman vs Robin is replacing it, and after that Waid will take over the series next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    We'll know next Friday.
    But I guess there's a chance, that Batman vs Robin is replacing it, and after that Waid will take over the series next year.
    I see... So we do not know it yet.

Yeah. It looks likely.

In one place where the Batman vs Robin was mentioned it was said that Maik will write 2 more comics... So it would be the similar to what happened with Williamson if this person ends as his writer..
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-12-2022 at 12:43 PM.

Extraordinary Member

The difference is with manga, in most cases you don't have shared universe, and you have the different genres.

I mean in a shonen manga there is usually no Boylove content (even if there certainly some exceptions).

While with DC and Marvel you sometimes don't know what you are getting. I mean when I pick up for example a Deadman comic (Deadman: Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love to be specific) I don't expect to it to a LGBT romance story...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    We'll know next Friday.
    Lol Bruce is supposed to be dead I hope not

As someone who has lived in japan for quite some time, I can say for certain that the most popular Manga is really no different from western super hero content. In fact, most manga follows similar themes like "Heros Journey." Stuff like dark, gritty brooding heros like batman or superpowered people becoming vigilantes like Spiderman are normally favored and super popular. Heck, even the Catwoman like characters are extremely popular!

The main difference is that most manga are in separate universes. They are marketed to everyone, not just kids. There are also multiple genres. The real reason manga sells more is due to accessibility and marketing! Almost every bookstore or library in Japan has a sizeable manga section. They even have food and toys that come with free manga copies. You may think only the popular manga is adapted but the truth is that MOST anime is adapted from Manga and alot of times its 1:1. The amount of anime you get in the western world is way less than the options you have in Japan. And then you don't break the bank because most mange costs like the equivalent of a dollar vs the $3 or $4 you will spend on western comics. And last point, manga is also way longer than your traditional western single issue.
    Last edited by MakeNightwingGreatAgain; 06-12-2022 at 06:12 PM.

Astonishing Member

I don't know if I would call this "inclusive".

Manga has a wide variety of genres; so different manga and magazines cater different kinds of audience. However, a magazine will often focus on an specific audience.

For example: It is very hard to find Boyslove in manga aimed at a male audience (like Shonen). Boyslove is usually aimed at a female audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I don't know if I would call this "inclusive".

Manga has a wide variety of genres; so different manga and magazines cater different kinds of audience. However, a magazine will often focus on an specific audience.

For example: It is very hard to find Boyslove in manga aimed at a male audience (like Shonen). Boyslove is usually aimed at a female audience.
    The fact that Boylove is targeted at a straight female audience is very problematic.

Why people never that a a few minutes to consider why are so many of the M/M fics written by CIS girls? Why are these girls so obsessed that they'll retcon any mildly attractive male as gay and then proceed to write erotic fics about them.

Does it turn women on? Is that it? similar to straight men liking a bit of Girl on Girl?

Why is Boylove targeted at girls? I'm a gay man and L'd love some Boylove that's written for men and by LGBtq+ men

is Tim's Pride Special is technically Boylove?

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Why is Boylove targeted at girls? I'm a gay man and L'd love some Boylove that's written for men and by LGBtq+ men
    There're bara mangas - mangas focusing on gay male relationships created primarily by queer men for queer men as the target audience.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)