Page 111 of 193 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2895
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    That same person claimed DC will replace Deadman with a new Non-Binary character called DeadThem and that Booster, Ted Kord and Harley are joining the Justice Society. Damian's part is the least absurd, but I don't think that was a real leak.
    Harley in JSA? Lol, no, I really hope that's a false rumor.
    But regarding Damian as magical user, I think that would be an interesting concept.

That same person claimed DC will replace Deadman with a new Non-Binary character called DeadThem and that Booster, Ted Kord and Harley are joining the Justice Society. Damian's part is the least absurd, but I don't think that was a real leak.
    I mean Harley, Ted and Booster [I think] are forming a new destined to fail JL in Dark Crisis.

Lol at Deadthem.

Incredible Member

I think they're just giving the series a break while Waid's mini is happening. Otherwise they would need to have a filler story in the ongoing because all the important developments will be happening in Waid's book.
    It's an interesting idea. Are there a bunch of precedents? I recall The Supergirl Rebirth series paused for a number of months after issue #20, and came back with the same numbering a few months later. There are little glitches here or there, usually caused by an artist needing from time to make deadlines, and I don't think you mean those minor delays.

Incredible Member

I don't know if others had seen this called out, but

Batman vs. Robin, along with the new Tim Drake: Robin series, appears to have taken the place of the ongoing Robin series starring Damian Wayne, which is not soliciting a new issue in September, which also follows writer Joshua Williamson's exit from that series with August's Robin #17.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/batman-vs-robin-mark-waid/

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    That's interesting. This thread has speculated on Damian becoming a magical user.
    Robin has become a stepping stone. Replacements and new partners are always going to be in the Horizon so if Damian can pull off a Dick or Jason then that's a huge advantage going forward.

My main frustration as a Damian fan is the fact that he has never been allowed to enjoy the breathing space to thrive like Dick, Jason and Tim had during their tenure as Robin. There's always been uncertainty or other bat sidekicks hoovering over him.

His own niche would be advantageous. If he can pull it off and if the rumours turn out to be true that is.
    There are also rumours about DC doing magic event next year. And some people speculated that Waid might be writing it so it kinda does line up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    I don't know if others had seen this called out, but

https://www.gamesradar.com/batman-vs-robin-mark-waid/
    While I'm looking forward to Batman v Robin I'm disappointed to see Damian's series cut short.

Astonishing Member

BATMAN VS. ROBIN #1
    Written by MARK WAID
    Art and cover by MAHMUD ASRAR
    Variant covers by JASON FABOK, ALEXANDER LOZANO, JOSHUA MIDDLETON, and STEVE BEACH
    1:25 variant cover by LUCIO PARRILLO
    1:50 variant cover by BRYAN HITCH
    1:100 foil variant cover by MAHMUD ASRAR
    Team retailer variant cover by DAVE RAPOZA
    $5.99 US | 48 pages | 1 of 5 | Variant $6.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 9/13/22
    Spinning out of the events of both Batman/Superman: World's Finest and Shadow War, father and son will do battle in one of the single most earth-shattering tales ever told!
    Deep in the heart of Lazarus Island, the demonic legacy of the al Ghul family line has at last been freed, and the Devil Nezha is out for blood. To reclaim his total domination over planet Earth, Nezha has supercharged magic—anyone who dares use it is overcome by a demonic evil that supercharges their abilities to dangerous, unpredictable, and in some cases deadly levels! With Damian in Nezha's clutches and Bruce haunted by the return of an old friend, the Dark Knight and the Boy Wonder are pitted against one another in the battle of the century! Legendary writer Mark Waid helms the next epic saga in Batman history, while superstar artist Mahmud Asrar makes his triumphant return to DC!
    It seems like Damian is brainwashed by Nezha, so, at least it's not another personal conflict between Bruce and Damian.

DC really hates Damian, huh. lol

Spectacular Member

I wonder if this event will end with Damian learning magic or gaining some level of mystic Al-Ghul powers. It’d make him unique in the batfamily, especially since Tim is Robin again.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the1&onlyE. View Post
    Oh you should see the first line of the Tim Robin solicit. They want people to fight.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh you should see the first line of the Tim Robin solicit. They want people to fight.
    Okay that was some major troll bait.

I would be more concern if Damian wasn't placed in the hands of a star writer like Waid.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the1&onlyE. View Post
    His ongoing was written by the architect of current DC direction, and there's a chance, that his next writer is one of the biggest names in comics industry. I wouldn't call that hate, they're invested in Damian.

I'm honestly tired of DC pulling the 'Damian is evil' card every time they run out of ideas.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I'm honestly tired of DC pulling the 'Damian is evil' card every time they run out of ideas.
    Yes. It's obnoxious, especially as Red Robin was a great villain protagonist story showing how easy it is to become morally and ethically bankrupt.

That said, the new series could be wonderfully dark. I am probably wrong but it looks like they're going to lean into everything in Rebirth, including the entirety of King's run, was part of the ongoing plot of Nehza. Which would be fantastic and cool as there's no adult fear quite like realizing something has been manipulating you and your life in order to isolate and steal your child.

This could be DC's version of Hereditary or Midsommer, and I am completely down for Bruce realizing too late that his going on vacation with Catwoman was part of a conspiracy to kill Alfred and push Damian past the despair event horizon and into become a host for an ancient evil.

Spectacular Member

Personally I’m all for a Damian who gains Al-Ghul demon powers and then just uses them for good lol