Page 114 of 193 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2895
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing999 View Post
    So should I lose any hope of Grayson & Damian being the dynamic duo again That's what I thought they would be doing when I heard they killing Bruce again.
    Solicits show that Tiffany is training. Jace and Tiffany as the next Batman and Robin?

Titans United is tv show.
    Young Justice Targets is tv show
    Earth Prime is tv shows
    Multiple books on road to Black Adam film
    Flash Fastest Man movie
    Batman Audio from HBO serial
    John Ridley, Tim Sheridan, Meghan Fitzmartin tv/film writers
    Plus all the writers of the tv/film books are from tv or film.
    I probably missed many. But if comics seem different, well many are not being written by comic pros.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I would claim that Mark Waid is pretty big name, or at least used to be one.

And he is one of most experienced writers currently working on main continuity books.
    I agree with this.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

I would claim that Mark Waid is pretty big name, or at least used to be one.

And he is one of most experienced writers currently working on main continuity books.
    Of course Mark Waid is, and probably will always be, a big name. But what's the point of that if DC will keep treating Damian like ****? I really don't understand the way they manage his character, it's just so weird. One day he has a solo and a team, the next he's becoming evil, then has a solo again, then he's told to "step aside". I just don't get it at all.

Titans united is like the previous out of continuity Titans book using the roaster of the next seasen on the Titans TV show where Tim is likely going to be Robin.

And is is not like Damian has really a lack of appearances.
    Yeah, in September Damian still has many appearances, to be honest. The problem is how they treat him in the main line, in my opinion.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Solicits show that Tiffany is training. Jace and Tiffany as the next Batman and Robin?

Titans United is tv show.
    Young Justice Targets is tv show
    Earth Prime is tv shows
    Multiple books on road to Black Adam film
    Flash Fastest Man movie
    Batman Audio from HBO serial
    John Ridley, Tim Sheridan, Meghan Fitzmartin tv/film writers
    Plus all the writers of the tv/film books are from tv or film.
    I probably missed many. But if comics seem different, well many are not being written by comic pros.
    There in lies part of the issue. Comics, as with Manga, are now being used to fuel tv storyline. So what better way to do that then put on TV writers.

Add to this number ones sell way better over all, and Comics are being broken down into arcs for better sales as graphic novels.

Also better to compare sales of this run to other graphic novels Damian is in. Like Raven snd Beast boy, or Supersons.

Bad thing for BOTH OF THEM. Damian and Tim if that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Harley in JSA? Lol, no, I really hope that's a false rumor.
    But regarding Damian as magical user, I think that would be an interesting concept.

Don´t be surprised about it
    when Harley appeared in that Jon Justice League. Even in THE HALL OF JUSTICE when Superman revealed his identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    In 5 months the mini will end, and it's very likely Damian's book will continue. It sold relatively well.

My main problem with these changes is mostly just that things are unclear, and with the solicitations for Tim's solo that actually say "Step aside, Damian—the world's favorite Robin has got this!"
    That was just pathetic beyond words.
    Yeah. In less than half year. Hoping that his book continues... Unless the choosed writer is a bad thing for him.

Apparently I am not part of the world. If it was Dick Grayson perhaps I would be agree with it. Tim is the only Robin that I do not like between DC bad work with him and his Anti-Damian fanbase.

I think that it was PATHETIC. Is that obvious the hate against Damian for part of Many Tim fans that DC should even humiliate him to make them happy? How disappointing for their part make that to please them.
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-19-2022 at 02:03 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    My main problem with these changes is mostly just that things are unclear, and with the solicitations for Tim's solo that actually say "Step aside, Damian—the world's favorite Robin has got this!"
    That was just pathetic beyond words.
    Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Apparently I am not part of the world. He is the only Robin that I do not like between DC bad work with him and his Anti-Damian fanbase.

I think that it was PATHETIC. Is that obvious the hate against Damian for part of Many Tim fans that DC should even humiliate him to make them happy? How disappointing for their part make that to please them.
    I just re-read the story "A Carol of Bats" in the Tim Drake special that was reprinted from Urban Legends 10. In it, Dick says to Tim "I know you've gotten comfortable going back to being Robin while Damian is out of town. But he's earned that name now. And you... you deserve your own future."

That should make Damian fans happy!

But, that's if you think anything Meghan Fitzmartin has written, except that Tim is bi, matters.

I don't think editorial pays much attention to the stories in Urban Legends. So I believe this is just Fitzmartin finding the 100th way in her stories to write "Tim, you have to explore your non-Robin self."

But you could take this as a clue that Damian is the one who has the main claim to the name.

It's unfortunate that they felt the need to put that in the solicits. I think that it's supposed to fuel rivalry between Tim and Damian fans. Instigating conflict and effectively gaslighting each side into financially supporting their fav Robin.

I have a hard time believing that these adult writers are doing this out of spite. Sure they have preferences but I don't think they care enough about these characters to warrant such strong emotions.

Sad they felt they need to stoop to such childish gimmicks.

Plus
    Everyone knows that Dick Grayson is the world's favourite Robin.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    That's not really correct. You are misrepresenting the facts.

Tim's Pride Special was No 1 on the Amazon top sellers for the hour [not the digital releases] according to your post. However when I clicked on the link you provided it was no longer in the top 30. The thing with hourly charts is that they change every hour.

Titles like Killing joker and Primer have been on that list for years now so a new book managing to top them for a few hours on the day it was released is expected. That is how it happens even for titles that go on to tank [I an Batman for example topped that chart when it was released]
    Every single #1 from FS event was sold out and went to 2nd print. FS ended up being a mediocre sales performer.

I couldn't find a copy of Williamson's Robin when it was 1st released. Not just me. Others on this thread struggled to find physical copies when that title 1st came out. That was a topic on last years thread.

It's not unusual for no1's to be sold out especially when the no1 in question is the a Speculators bait like the bi Robin's first Pride Special.

come on man. You can't even claim ignorance regarding this.

how many no 1's have you heard sold out and how many no12's?

There's a reason why in comics the comparison is made issue no to issue no. There's a reason why Marvel is always launching no1's. To compare TDPS no 1 to Williamson's Robin 15 is making an argument in bad faith.

Urban legends 6 nos are available on Comichron [1st and 2nd print nos]
    ??? I'm not claiming ignorance or even the opposite. I just said what I said. I saw the book was in number 1, and a person trying to buy it couldn't buy it. I already said I don't know how much of it or when that sales or preorder numbers affect the decision.

Also, the link I've been placing has been showing that Tim Pride is number 1 since at least last week when it was still on preorder (I don't know how long) so no, it's not by the hour.

Exactly. They make many number 1 to increase sales and attention through new introduction, so now presumably sales are in, and they determine that Tim will get an ongoing. (how much of it affect Damian's book, I already said, I do not know)

Also, we don't know for sure that Damian's book is actually cancelled, just that Williamson is out and now Mark Waid is filling in with a new mini series. For all we know it's just so people can have a feel for Waid writing Damian solo or to buy time until they get another writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing999 View Post
    So should I lose any hope of Grayson & Damian being the dynamic duo again That's what I thought they would be doing when I heard they killing Bruce again.
    No, not really, if Damian's series is cancelled he can always move to Nightwing, who's been featuring his friends and family excepting Duke and Damian

Bad thing for BOTH OF THEM. Damian and Tim if that happens.
    They already made the decision to headquarter Jace in New York. They'll be fine. The worst they can do is launch a title I am Robin starring Tiffany, side by side with Tim Drake Robin

I just re-read the story "A Carol of Bats" in the Tim Drake special that was reprinted from Urban Legends 10. In it, Dick says to Tim "I know you've gotten comfortable going back to being Robin while Damian is out of town. But he's earned that name now. And you... you deserve your own future."

That should make Damian fans happy!
    It did.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 06-19-2022 at 05:18 AM.

Not sure what to think after see the solicitations and see Tim in... 4 comics?? I saw him in a cover of a Titans.. United? comic... Robin is canceled and Is like Tim Month.

In the past two years how much content has there been with Tim?

Damian isn't lacking in content either so not sure why you feel the need to lament Tim been in 4 comics.

that's not even a huge amount.

They probably don't want to drastically change anyone's IP, because it's easy to sell Robin instead of building something else.
    I think, with Tim they just don't believe he will survive without Robin's mantle, and with Damian, they already tried to take Robin mantle off him and it led to huge backlash from fans.
    I'm starting to think that it'd be best for Damian to move on from Robin .

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Damian or Tim one of them can always just team up with Grayson as Flamebird

Astonishing Member

It would be best for both of them, I think. But there is demand for nostalgy (from writers as well, because it becomes clear, that lots of them just think, that Tim has to be Robin forever, and the same thing many fans think about Damian), lack of creativity and the inability to create new IPs.

Extraordinary Member

It would be best for both of them, I think. But there is demand for nostalgy (from writers as well, because it becomes clear, that lots of them just think, that Tim has to be Robin forever, and the same thing many fans think about Damian), lack of creativity and the inability to create new IPs.
    It wouldn’t be weird for Damian to take a new identity in another year , 5 years as robin. Is pretty good. However I know if he moves on and Tim is still 16 being robin it’s gonna cause more tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It wouldn’t be weird for Damian to take a new identity in another year , 5 years as robin. Is pretty good. However I know if he moves on and Tim is still 16 being robin it’s gonna cause more tension.
    At this point, Damian will be allowed to age up, while Tim is doomed to be stuck at 16. DC don't know what to do with him. I'm not even sure being Red Robin is going to work for him at this point.

It's unfortunate that they felt the need to put that in the solicits. I think that it's supposed to fuel rivalry between Tim and Damian fans. Instigating conflict and effectively gaslighting each side into financially supporting their fav Robin.

I have a hard time believing that these adult writers are doing this out of spite. Sure they have preferences but I don't think they care enough about these characters to warrant such strong emotions.
    I don't know about that. I remember Tom Taylor talking about how his hatred for Damian fueled how he wrote him in the Injustice comics. Some adults are that childish.