Page 116 of 193 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2895

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Surprised by the expletives/cursing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Surprised by the expletives/cursing.
    Same. Looks to be darker than what I thought it would originally be.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Same. Looks to be darker than what I thought it would originally be.
    Damian will cuss every now and then ever since be turned 13

but John....

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Wow, guess we're doing SEO and clickbait in the literal title of movies now instead of just in the marketing.
    It is a common tactic when promoting an unknown property such as The Supersons. Link the property to a recognisable one.

Bloody images?? lol... Not sure if Supersons fans will like this. But with Starro as villain I can imagine why this will be disturbing.

Anyway. Is not like I care. Never planned to see it.
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-21-2022 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Comic books are not very accessible to children unfortunately I couldn’t get my hands on them regularly until I was 16. So animation filled my void. By the time I was reading Damain was Robin.
    Yeah. Dick won't ever get dethroned as the most iconic and the most well known Robin. He is the favourite and the best working example which is why WB/DC use him as the entry point. Fans might have their favs and make claims about who is the best but that's all subjective and means nothing.

Objectively Dick Grayson is the best and that's not even something anyone can contest/debate. It's clear as day and evidenced in the fact that the owners of the IP who have all the necessary info 81 years later still use him as the goto when they are grooming the next gen of fans.

Growing up I knew of Dick Grayson, then I saw Damian in the animated movies, learned about RedHood and Jason in a community class and then when I stared reading comics I found out about Tim. i started his Robin series along side Morrisons Batman and Robin [the first comic I ever read]

Damian is my Robin yet it took a while to get to the point where, when I hear Robin I didn't automatically think of the Iconic pop culture version - kid in the cringe scaly undies [leotards] making quips while kicking arse from the golden age.

These days when I think Robin, I think Damian or the TTGO Robin [and I've not watched that show in years!]
    Last edited by dietrich; 06-21-2022 at 08:48 AM.

Glad to see they are going for the DCAMU way of more graphic tone. after Apkolips War, invincible and Arcane I think audiences are used to graphic content in Western animation.

So I was thinking about this upcoming Batman vs Robin series that will feature Devil Nezha character. And we also got these speculations and rumours about Damian getting magical powers and it looks like DC is going to push Tim as Robin again.

Then it clicked in my head that Damian is currently 14 years old and I open up my Batman #666 copy to double check that Damian made the deal with the Devil when he was 14 years old. Morrison was obviously playing with the idea that Dr. Hurt is the actual Devil at the time, but Devil Nezha could be considered as a valid replacement.
    Last edited by HsssH; 06-22-2022 at 07:29 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    So I was thinking about this upcoming Batman vs Robin series that will feature Devil Nezha character. And we also got these speculations and rumours about Damian getting magical powers and it looks like DC is going to push Tim as Robin again.

Then it clicked in my head that Damian is currently 14 years old and I open up by Batman #666 copy to double check that Damian made the deal with the Devil when he was 14 years old. Morrison was obviously playing with the idea that Dr. Hurt is the actual Devil at the time, but Devil Nezha could be considered as a valid replacement.
    This is a good theory

Astonishing Member

Sounds convincing.
    Batman vs Robin is definitely setting some new status quo for Damian, considering, that magic is a focus of this story, it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post

Then it clicked in my head that Damian is currently 14 years old and I open up by Batman #666 copy to double check that Damian made the deal with the Devil when he was 14 years old. Morrison was obviously playing with the idea that Dr. Hurt is the actual Devil at the time, but Devil Nezha could be considered as a valid replacement.
    Oh snap!
    In King's Batman, the issue where Damian Takes down GG? Damian had that wand from Witchboy and he revealed what he had to do to get the power.
    He recites some of the incantation and states that he traded his soul for it.

It's implied he traded his soul to save Gotham which I just thought was a stupid batman 666 ref.

He was only 13 at the time so I dismissed it.

Now he's got more shenanigans with a different devil

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

That actually sounds interesting

I'm honestly not a fan of the idea of Damian becoming a magic user at all. It's so out of Batman's scope that I feel like it would just ban him from Batman's stories. Besides, I don't feel like it would add much to his character, especially considering how sidelined magic characters are nowadays in DC and the fact that his stories, although touched a little bit on supernatural elements, always carried a more grounded feeling anyway.

Spectacular Member

I'm not keen on the magic aspect either. What was in Robin was fine, but for the character it could lead to non sells and decline.

Mighty Member

Hope DC doesn't sideline Damian as Robin as he not only fits the age but is the only POC (Middle Eastern in fact) to hold the title. It will be a bad look if they do.