Page 150 of 193 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 2895
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I'm also very curious about XXL and his posse.

This series ended so abruptly leaving a lot of things unresolved. This last 2 issues give off the feeling of trying to tie up things quickly which was just sad. This series deserved a better end. A better send off for the characters.

Talia I feel is very conflicted. She wants the best for Damian and would like him to have a happy life but her upbringing gets in the way.

The Al Ghuls nurturing is set in deep. Talia's life was planned out and she was frequently just a tool to further Ra's overall plans for the Al Ghul empire.

It's the same with her sister and brother. They were part of something greater and didn't really get the chance to do their own thing.

Talia I'm sure deep down wants Damian to make his own choices but she keeps repeating history. Doing to him what Ra's and her sister did to her. Using him like a tool rather than letting him be his own person.

It's sad.

Ra's has been around for a while and I bet ir costs a shit ton to run the LOA. Are the members compensated? Do they have day jobs? Does Ra's take care of all their needs and expenses? He must do.

That's a lot of mouths to feed. Maintaining the LOA is akin to funding a very large army in wartime and Ra's has been doing that for decades. I'd put Ra's on a similar tier with Savage. Wealthier than the likes of Lex and Bruce.

Damian spends a lot and gets a lot from Talia. He spends millions like it's spare change and brags to Dick about gifts from Talia. A jet for Christmas when he was 9. Stuff like that.
    The family are aware since Dick and Bruce have mentioned his ridiculous amounts Talia sends him each month as an allowance during B&R.

I'm also certain Bruce has a file that contains every detail of Damian's life up till he joined the family. That's the sort of thing Bruce would do when he views a person as a threat/danger. Which is how he views Damian [at least up till Batman Inc]
    I didn't notice the allowance discussion. Do you know which issue?

I'm not sure on what Bruce knows about Damian. He doesn't seem to know about all of Damian's resources, as he couldn't track Damian's money trail (nor could Oracle). And when Jason dying comes up, no one (not even Damian) says you only died once....or yeah if you had a dollar for everytime you died you'd have 2 dollars. Damian would have 5 or 6. Then there is the fear even the high level League members have shown towards Damian. I'm just not sure. I think Bruce would have a file, I just don't know if Damian would reveal enough for the file to be accurate. Bruce doesn't seem to have know Damian was blown up in Gibralter and had to have all his organs replaced.

BTW, I'd still like to see a panel where Damian is battling some underworld henchmen, and Talia shows up. I would be amused by their response to just who Mommy is.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I think that Conner is still a teen, much like Tim his history has been altered or ignored. He is written to come across as younger.
    Would be kind of odd since he allready kind of started as an adult hero back than, he was iirc at least offered to join the JLA in Morrisons(?) Run, and was usually teaming up with Wally and Kyle back than.

Even with massivly compressed time line, I don't think it would make much sense for him to be younger than 20, unless they either retcon his starting age, or had him just become Green Arrow.
    But who knows the writers seem to randomly age characters up and down without any common sense these days, I mean it looks pretty much as if for example Wallace and Emiko are now about the dame age as the YJ4.
    Last edited by Aahz; 08-26-2022 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OOPS View Post
    Talia in several places encourages Damian to make a choice for his own future and seemed pleased when he chose detective over demon...yet also appeared to cooperate with Mother Soul to set Damian up. Which if this was a plan set in motion when she was a teen, makes the Heretic killing Damian seem odd.
    I think this is unavoidable when writer introduces new character who was supposedly always around and making some plans. And even more so if, like Mother Soul, she is related to other old characters. I think it is likely that someone in the future will do something cool with her, but at the time it looks to me like her introduction was a net negative to the Damian and Ra's Al Ghul family in general.

I'm really curious what happened behind the scenes. I don't think this ending was what the story was leading towards.
    I think that plans certainly changed. If I'm not mistaken when the run was announced Williamson mentioned that Maya will make an appearance, but she didn't if I'm not mistaken. I don't believe that what we had with Jon was all that Williamson wanted to do either. And asides of Flatline and Respawn I don't think that anything significant was done with other fighters he introduced in this run, I wouldn't be surprised if we will never see most of them again.

On the other hand I also think that Williamson has been doing below average work since he became "main" DC writer. I don't know, maybe he isn't getting enough support from editors, maybe he just isn't good enough to write multiple big books at the same time. Maybe he is overworked. Maybe his Flash was more of a fluke and this is his usual quality. But at the end of the day his recent work just isn't that good and I suspect that even if the plans didn't change we wouldn't have gotten much better run.

Spectacular Member

I have like Williamson's work in Robin, really until Shadow War, and post Shadow War.
    Like I said, I'm curious what went on in the background. I get the feeling that we fans viewed him as a "main" DC writer, he wasn't viewed or treated that way by DC. Even in interviews a little tension seemed to enter his voice where before I could hear real excitement in his voice. I've also noticed that he isn't giving as many interviews.

Plus, well, I kind of wonder of being the "main DC guy" just isn't Williamson's forte. He really seems to admire Snyder and viewed Snyder as handling events well (he said it in interviews.) But Williamson's strength as a writer seems to be in understanding characters and developing those characters. In my view, his best work seems to be on the intimate level where the reader comes to know the character as the plot evolves. It's the exact opposite of event books (or most modern team books like JL and Titans) where character/characterization is reduced to a single panel or page shared with 100 other characters that need to be in the book.

Robin, Flash and Nightwing, are in my view, great vehicles for Williamson. Batman, not so much as Batman isn't so overtly about character....to the point Bruce is often treated as a mask.

Come to think of it, if DC were to ever go back to basics and rebuild Wonder Woman, I think he'd do a solid Diana.

But, again, on my suspicions on what happened, I just wonder if he left or got taken off Robin to bring back Waid in addition to checking the box with Tim. But I'm cynical and suspicious.

Extraordinary Member

https://twitter.com/dclegends/status...TAlAVOW4nhivPg

Yo that’s great for flatline
    More then Colin and Maya ever had

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Connor should be late teens or early 20s. He's old enough to be an ex-Justice Leaguer after all.

Flatline I'd say is around 16. She can't be too much older than 14 year old Damian!

Looks like Damian's getting reunited with Teen Titans guest star and JSA member Jakeem Thunder.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/the-...mics-spoilers/
    It was said by williamson that 15 but.... Is almost the same than around 16.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    https://twitter.com/dclegends/status...TAlAVOW4nhivPg

Yo that’s great for flatline
    More then Colin and Maya ever had
    Hmmmm, so in that imagine Flatline looks to be the sake age as Zatana.

Extraordinary Member

Hmmmm, so in that imagine Flatline looks to be the sake age as Zatana.
    Artist discretion
    I’ve seen artist turn Stephanie a Cassie Sandsmark into blow up dolls

I’ve seen Damian pre age up drawn 16 despite

The new 52 loved to drawn Tim small in civilian look but then beef him up in costume as big as Jason

750F2207-4922-466C-8DFF-5540D62B87C1.jpg
    Last edited by Rac7d*; 08-28-2022 at 06:12 AM.

Astonishing Member

I guess it's a good sign for Flatline?

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I guess it's a good sign for Flatline?
    For Flatline? Oh yes. For a certain fan on here that wants Damian to asexual? Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    For Flatline? Oh yes. For a certain fan on here that wants Damian to asexual? Probably not.
    Love you too, boo.

And it's not like I hate Flatline. I actually like her as a member of Damian's supporting cast. Just not as his love interest. It's not something his character needs and giving him one just takes away from what people like about him as a character. It's like DC's incessant attempts to try and make Damian into a bad guy seemingly only because he has an unlikable personality, when everything that has been popular about Damian was about him becoming a better person.
    Last edited by garazza; 08-28-2022 at 09:41 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Love you too, boo.

And it's not like I hate Flatline. I actually like her as a member of Damian's supporting cast. Just not as his love interest. It's not something his character needs and giving him one just takes away from what people like about him as a character. It's like DC's incessant attempts to try and make Damian into a bad guy seemingly only because he has an unlikable personality, when everything that has been popular about Damian was about him becoming a better person.
    It must take away somthing only some people like about him. Because I like him just fine either way.

Spectacular Member

I like him having a crush. Plus Flatline has a really good design. So I'm a people who likes the crush.

I saw her design and knew I wouldn't like her.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It must take away somthing only some people like about him. Because I like him just fine either way.
    Damian not being interested in romantic relationships is something I've found to be a very consistent character trait that has spanned multiple writers, eras, and editorial mandates. Giving him a love interest shows to me it's being done out of some false sense of obligation that a character HAS to have a romantic relationship and love interests especially when other members of the Batfamily have love lives that share a lot of similarities because making the Batfamily members more like each other has totally worked out well.

I like him having a crush. Plus Flatline has a really good design. So I'm a people who likes the crush.
    I like the idea of Damian having a crush, too. If it was done right. If a writer were to do it, then I would want to see Damian's inner monologue about how conflicted he feels about these newfound feelings and what they mean to him. I want to see Damian struggle to find words to describe what he's feeling. I need to see Damian's perspective. And I don't think anyone that wants to give Damian a love interest is also interested in (or capable of) writing Damian's private thoughts and feeling from his POV. Otherwise, I don't want it.
    Last edited by garazza; 08-29-2022 at 11:23 AM.