Page 159 of 193 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2895

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    ???????

Damian is controlled right? Right?????
    He's definitely possessed. We are all aware of that. But while in World's Finest people like Hal Jordan seemed to have lost all of their free will, calling Nezha his master and everything, you don't get the same feeling from Damian.
    He ends up trying to attack him, but for a moment Damian seems genuinely suprised and happy to see Alfred. He argues with Nezha about his failure to kill Batman. He reminds Nezha that he was the one who freed him and united him with Mother Soul and makes demands.
    We don't know yet how Damian got into this situation, but he comes off as more than just a puppet stripped of his will.

Taking into account what Waid said in interviews his take seems to be that all of these dark thoughts and impulses are still inside Damian and Nezha just triggers them. Which is not a good look for Damian. It doesn't help that Bruce talks badly of the not-possessed Damian too.

Overall this doesn't feel like fun for a lot of Damian fans who would rather get a story in which Damian is a hero and gets to fight bad guys instead of having to be fought by the heroes because Damian is hurting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Damian was controlled but his words about the pearls felt like a low blow after the events in Tomasi's run.

A lot of what DC has been doing with Damian since B&r ended seems like a low blow after the events of that run.

Did their getting to know each other and learning to work with each other amount to nothing?
    Remember when Bruce was willing to move heaven and hell to bring his son back? All you get now is a "let's rescue our enemy"

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    We've gone from Damian spending Days in the sewers searching for his Grandmothers pearls to mocking Bruce about his parents shooting.

I guess they needed to have Damian to be the vilest and that meant trumping Tim's shooting Bruce with joe chill's gun.

The issue was BS.
    Honestly, I thought the pearl line was tasteless.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 09-15-2022 at 10:02 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Etrigan and Raven are awesome!!! Raven dead end comes from being stuck dating someone named beastboy who can’t grow up and being on the titans. I would love it for the JLD to take a more active role in the DCU collectively and as individuals. I know you everyone hates it but their titles would Proably become more sustainable sale wise with a bat character.

Sure, their sales might increase, and the character Damian *might* appear in a panel every so often to be told either "sure kid" or "it's all your fault kid", buy those characters aren't going to increase Damian's sales, but would be more likely to reduce his sales. The reason Batman and Nightwing are sales draws (aka the top seller and the second most consistent seller) is because they are street level heroes, like Marvel top seller Spiderman. Swamp Thing just has a really well written, very well illustrated run....that almost no one read.

Magic characters
    A group book of. Zatanna Constantine Raven Damian and Etrigan/Jason. That would be a premiere title.
    How do you define "premiere"?

Becuase Damian would be new to the world of mysticism it be a great jumping on point for new readers and keep him from taking over the book from more experienced members.
    I disagree. Team books overall lead to poor or no character development. The only "team" books that seem to allow any character development are in family books. Plus, Damian is too young to believably interact with that age group, especially out exploring the dark side of magic (aka a world clothed in sensuality. )

He'd basically be the puppy mascot no one wants following around him...and he'd lose the youth reader group as the themes are too mature (see Batman vs Robin were a parental figure is verbally abusive to a child.)

Mighty Member

The latest Tim Drake Robin variant featuring Damian makes him look like a shorter clone of Tim.

Looks like Lazarus island won't survive Batman vs Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    This was funny

The meme keeps evolving.
    This is what I think about what I am listening about BATMAN VS ROBIN..

I would like see him hitting the IDIOT who had that idea.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Looks like Lazarus island won't survive Batman vs Robin.
    Or Lazarus Planet.

Spectacular Member

I'm going to beat the deadhorse.

I'm very confused by how the characters treat Damian. For instance in Dark Crisis, after years of Damian being called baby bat by other characters-both villain and hero, he calls Irey baby Flash, and it's treated like he committed some crime. By the writer, Williamson, and the characters who don't correct her. They don't say, hey show a little respect to an experienced hero who has sacrificed his life several times to save the world. It's treated like she showed him. More it's treated like Damian didn't have the intelligence to snap right back at her instead of just walk away.

I can't quite figure out what the mandate is for Damian. I guess I could have understood the argument that he has been in the Robin role for "too long" and is "too old"....so you replace him with a grown man who held the title the longest. His family blamed him for Alfred's death, and we get the sweet little panel that was supposed to be Bruce and Damian at Alfred's grave...except this flows out of a run specifically referenced where that completely didn't happen. In the actual memorial, Bruce continued to let Damian take the blame and never (apparantly still has never) told the family that Damian didn't just go rogue and fo to Gotham. Bruce, for all he gets credit for apologizing, has never taken responsibility for the core wrong--HE sent Damian into Gotham because he wanted bootie time. Then Damian is "disowned" by the hero community, after havibg started a sanctuary to help villains rehabilitate that was well known enough for strangers to arrrive. Now in the narrative Damian's choice to BE a detective and not a demon, has lead to his own father talking about how arrogant and greedy he has "always" been.

It's like editorial is so stuck on deconstructing characters, they try to deconstruct a child, the victim of ritual and sustained child abuse raised by an intermittently parent, before being sent to an emotionally unavailable parent, in a dysfunctional often verbally abusive family , who has died several times. It's kind of hard to deconstruct the character further.

But...at the same time, everytime a character needs to be told how super special and totally great that character is, the writers and editors whip out Damian.

I sort of get it on the Damian side. But I really don't get it on the side of the other "heroes". It makes the other heroes look petty and I just don't understand why DC wants their heroes to come across as more petty and mean than their villains.

At this point, I just don't understand why Damain would even be in Dark Crisis with the "heroes". It seems he would be better supported an nurtured by the al Ghuls, Deathstroke and his murderous friends.
    Last edited by OOPS; 09-17-2022 at 05:01 AM.

Astonishing Member

I'm very confused by how the characters treat Damian. For instance in Dark Crisis, after years of Damian being called baby bat by other characters-both villain and hero, he calls Irey baby Flash, and it's treated like he committed some crime. By the writer, Williamson, and the characters who don't correct her. They don't say, hey show a little respect to an experienced hero who has sacrificed his life several times to save the world. It's treated like she showed him. More it's treated like Damian didn't have the intelligence to snap right back at her instead of just walk away.
    It's always been like this. Damian has notoriously harsh personality and because of that not many people actually like him, or at least react to his sarcastic comments with annoyance, and are amused when someone stands up to him, like Irey did. It's just the way it is, he's been written like that for years, he doesn't get along with many people, especially teenagers. And because of that nobody had actual reason to correct Irey.

Spectacular Member

Yes, but his sister and one time friend not only didn't correct Irey, they rewarded her.

Hi guys, I am back, I haven't write in English for a time, so my phrases maybe be weird ^^)/

I think titles doesn't mean a lot, the comic may be "Batman vs Robin", but they can fight in 3 issues and the rest of it being they toghether after solved the initial problem, maybe they even apologize in the end... It is the first issue, so I want to believe this Damian and Bruce fights will end soon.

I liked it for being one more comic with Damian and Alfred is back, I wanted it since the last Robin started, he came back in a "meh" way? Yes, but it's ok for me... I came back with low expectations...

Ah, I just had a thought about Tim being Robin again, I think would be a good strategy if DC gave Tim a new Hero identity in his comic with Bernard, people say "it's hard introduces a new hero now", but for good or bad everybody was talking about him for a month, many people would got he as a new Hero, new logo and new Uniform, they wasted a great opportunity of end Tim as Robin and for me it's make sense how Tim discovered more about his sexuality and a new own ID.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    Hi guys, I am back, I haven't write in English for a time, so my phrases maybe be weird ^^)/

I think titles doesn't mean a lot, the comic may be "Batman vs Robin", but they can fight in 3 issues and the rest of it being they toghether after solved the initial problem, maybe they even apologize in the end... It is the first issue, so I want to believe this Damian and Bruce fights will end soon.

I liked it for being one more comic with Damian and Alfred is back, I wanted it since the last Robin started, he came back in a "meh" way? Yes, but it's ok for me... I came back with low expectations...
    Welcome back.

I'm not sure if that will really be the case here. Since the only reason they are fighting is that Nezha has possessed Damian. Waid never really explained how Nezha's possession worked (is there only a limited amount of people he can possess at a time? Can a person resist and break free on their own? Is there anything stopping him from simply possessing Batman? If Nezha's control over someone breaks, what stops him from re-possessing them except him reaching the conclusion that they were useless?) so it's hard to tell what will be required to rescue Damian.
    In World's Finest they managed to break Nezha's control over Superman by hitting Nezha with a metal he didn't know yet. But as several people have pointed out, Damian's possession seems slightly different than the ones we've seen in World's Finest. It might have something to do with Damian's heart that Flatline ripped out that is now in Mother Soul's and Nezha's possession. Flatline gave it to Lord Deathman, he gave it to Mother Soul and she needed it for her and Nezha's plans.
    So maybe that is the reason Damian opened the tomb in the first place or maybe they used it to give Nezha a unique way to possess him that is harder to break?
    Anyway, we already have the solicitation for issue 4 and it sounds like they are still fighting instead of working together. Damian probably won't be free until the end.

I'm not against Alfred being back, but I really hope we'll get an explanation that is less vague in a later issue. So far this reminds me too much of Superboy Prime's reality punch bringing Jason Todd back. Kinda random.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 09-18-2022 at 02:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

DC Legends is having a Batman Day sale and I unlocked Talia
    Her default costume is the green one that debuted in Robin Son of Batman, carrying the two swords she used to duel Catwoman in Rules of Engagement (and maybe other events)
    Her gears are a Mark of Assassin, her dagger, Lu'un Darga Black Pearl, a picture of baby Damian, Leviathan's sigil and white ceremonial dress I've never seen before. It doesn't have the legs slit or the boob window.

Flatline's second scenario begins and this time it's Batman who's trying to stop her using the Black Lantern Ring. She said to spare her the fatherly act because she's seen the result of that.

Quote Originally Posted by OOPS View Post
    Yes, but his sister and one time friend not only didn't correct Irey, they rewarded her.
    Yeah, the Batgirls' response was to say they wanted to be her friends. Clearly they enjoyed seeing Damian be put in his place by the preteen speedster!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman