Page 163 of 193 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 2895

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    He also recruited 3 Lgbtq+ new heroes for his team and he has a non binary school pal.
    It's common for queers to unconsciously seek each other out and group up. There really isn't a token straight guy stereotype of any kind for the less critical to try and jam him into, try as they might, so I'm not pointing any fingers or anything, but Damian ain't the odd man out.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I'm not saying it's a bad Batman story. I can see why Batman fans might be excited by this. But as a Damian fan I don't want this.
    The whole Batman vs. Robin thing they keep doing with Bruce and Damian is so overplayed at this point that even I'm tired of it. I was kinda initially OK with DC seemingly "telling the same kind of story over and over again" because some lessons require repetition and the appeal of Damian's character development to me was that he is slowly learning lessons that help him overcome his deep-rooted flaws and traits through a journey of personal growth, and that's not always linear, so if seeming repeats or relapses occur, I could somewhat excuse it.

I thought with Williamson taking control of Damian we would finally move on from all that stuff, but then Williamson suddenly dips early for seemingly no reason and all of a sudden here comes Mark Waid with a Magic Event! of all things dredging up a conflict we all thought long dead and buried it's like we're back in 2018. It's starting to look like Williamson was literally the only one standing in the way of editorial trying to forcefully re-implement the 5G Damian villain plan because there are still people employed at DC that think it's still a good idea even after the intense negative reaction last time they literally excluded him entirely from a line wide event (not that I'm complaining, Future State sucked).
    Last edited by garazza; 09-28-2022 at 07:53 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    It's common for queers to unconsciously seek each other out and group up. There really isn't a token straight guy stereotype of any kind for the less critical to try and jam him into, try as they might, so I'm not pointing any fingers or anything, but Damian ain't the odd man out.

The whole Batman vs. Robin thing they keep doing with Bruce and Damian is so overplayed at this point that even I'm tired of it. I was kinda initially OK with DC seemingly "telling the same kind of story over and over again" because some lessons require repetition and the appeal of Damian's character development to me was that he is slowly learning lessons that help him overcome his deep-rooted flaws and traits through a journey of personal growth, and that's not always linear, so if seeming repeats or relapses occur, I could somewhat excuse it.

I thought with Williamson taking control of Damian we would finally move on from all that stuff, but then Williamson suddenly dips early for seemingly no reason and all of a sudden here comes Mark Waid with a Magic Event! of all things dredging up a conflict we all thought long dead and buried it's like we're back in 2018. It's starting to look like Williamson was literally the only one standing in the way of editorial trying to forcefully re-implement the 5G Damian villain plan because there are still people employed at DC that think it's still a good idea even after the intense negative reaction last time they literally excluded him entirely from a line wide event (not that I'm complaining, Future State sucked).
    Do you have some sort of aversion to Damian being heterosexual? Is there something wrong with one character in the family not being "queer"?

Quote Originally Posted by OOPS View Post
    Do you have some sort of aversion to Damian being heterosexual? Is there something wrong with one character in the family not being "queer"?
    Yes in fact, I do. There is no quota on queer characters. Every insinuation since Tim came out that another Batfamily member is queer has invariably been met with "Really? Another one?" like that's a normal thing to say.

Spectacular Member

So you don't think any is heterosexual?

Cause:
    Bi: Cass, Steph, Tim, Bernard, Bruce, Selena, Talia, Joker, Ivy, Talia, Vixen, Jinn, Wallace, Roundhouse, Jon

Gay/Lesbian: Kate, Harper, Cullen, Midnighter, Apollo, Crush, Jackson, Montoya, Jay

Poly: Jason

Pansexual: Dick.

Trans: Barbara's roommate, kid at school

Asexual/bi: Connor

Questionable: Barbara (hints with the roommate)

Is it not OK that ONE character be heterosexual? Because it's seems to me in the entire Batfamily that there statistically should be 1. 1 character that doesn't HAVE to be "queer". So, yeah, it's a "normal" question.

Oh, wait, I think Jim Gordon is still straight, but then I'm sure there's some sort of "code" for him being after Joker for more than the law.
    Last edited by OOPS; 09-29-2022 at 07:10 AM.

So you don't think any is heterosexual?

Cause:
    Bi: Cass, Steph, Tim, Bernard, Bruce, Selena, Talia, Joker, Ivy, Talia, Vixen, Jinn, Wallace, Roundhouse, Jon

Gay/Lesbian: Kate, Harper, Cullen, Midnighter, Apollo, Crush, Jackson, Montoya, Jay

Poly: Jason

Pansexual: Dick.

Trans: Barbara's roommate, kid at school

Asexual/bi: Connor

Questionable: Barbara (hints with the roommate)

Is it not OK that ONE character be heterosexual? Because it's seems to me in the entire Batfamily that there statistically should be 1. 1 character that doesn't HAVE to be "queer". So, yeah, it's a "normal" question.

Oh, wait, I think Jim Gordon is still straight, but then I'm sure there's some sort of "code" for him being after Joker for more than the law.
    Rewind, and freeze! Did I miss something with those characters, or is this all head canon?

Spectacular Member

Cass/Steph: Future State
    Bruce: Batman The Knight
    Vixen: giraffe tongue see T Franklin's Eat, Bang, Kill
    Wallace/Teen Titans Academy: was supposed to be the problem with Wallace and his girlfriend, my understanding is that was confirmed by writer, though that was from someone who wanted them to be a couple
    Jason: he, Roy and Starfire
    Dick: inter species (Starfire)

Extraordinary Member

That didn't happen.
    Roy and Starfire had relation with each other while they were on a team with Jason, but Jason was not involved in that relation.

Cass/Steph: Future State
    Bruce: Batman The Knight
    Vixen: giraffe tongue see T Franklin's Eat, Bang, Kill
    Wallace/Teen Titans Academy: was supposed to be the problem with Wallace and his girlfriend, my understanding is that was confirmed by writer, though that was from someone who wanted them to be a couple
    Dick: inter species (Starfire)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    That didn't happen.
    Roy and Starfire had relation with each other while they were on a team with Jason, but Jason was not involved in that relation.
    That was my understanding too, for Jason. I know it pops up in fanfics from time to time, but not in canon.
    The Wallace part isn't actually canon then, but the head canon of one of the writers.
    Dick... that's more his thing for red heads than Starfire being from another planet I think.

The Future State stuff, from what I gather, is now its own canon, separate from the main stuff when DiDio got canned. For the rest...
    Guess that's what I get for not really following anything without Jason or Damian. Though I thought the one with Bruce would be bigger news than Jon Kent being bi. All things considered. Or is that Elseworld?

Spectacular Member

I remembered a scene where Roy invited Jason to join, but I only read the series once. I'll concede the point on Jason then.....so then I guess there is 1 heterosexual in the Batfamily.

Extraordinary Member

I remembered a scene where Roy invited Jason to join, but I only read the series once. I'll concede the point on Jason then.....so then I guess there is 1 heterosexual in the Batfamily.
    He might have at some point also slept with Starfire (before Roy joined the team), but I don't think that being attracted to aliens that look like female human supermodels really counts as LGBT...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    He might have at some point also slept with Starfire (before Roy joined the team), but I don't think that being attracted to aliens that look like female human supermodels really counts as LGBT...
    Again, so we count Jason as the one heterosexual character? We know Dick is claimed to be "gay/trans" coded, so he can't really be counted as heterosexual. And if we can agree that Jason is heterosexual, does that mean that Damian is defecto "queer" in order for there to be adequate representation? Is 2 of the family not being "queer" too much?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    That was my understanding too, for Jason. I know it pops up in fanfics from time to time, but not in canon.
    The Wallace part isn't actually canon then, but the head canon of one of the writers.
    Dick... that's more his thing for red heads than Starfire being from another planet I think.

The Future State stuff, from what I gather, is now its own canon, separate from the main stuff when DiDio got canned. For the rest...
    Guess that's what I get for not really following anything without Jason or Damian. Though I thought the one with Bruce would be bigger news than Jon Kent being bi. All things considered. Or is that Elseworld?
    It was basically a ship tease, people just used this moment below to say Bruce had to be bi or a least attracted to Ghost maker

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    It was basically a ship tease, people just used this moment below to say Bruce had to be bi or a least attracted to Ghost maker

Everything matters....And the references to the Knight are made in Batman.

Future State is still being referenced in current books, even Tim Drake Robin.

Which I forgot Anton and Clownhunter (?).
    Last edited by OOPS; 09-29-2022 at 01:54 PM.

Again, so we count Jason as the one heterosexual character? We know Dick is claimed to be "gay/trans" coded, so he can't really be counted as heterosexual. And if we can agree that Jason is heterosexual, does that mean that Damian is defecto "queer" in order for there to be adequate representation? Is 2 of the family not being "queer" too much?
    Again; did I miss something? Tom Taylor do something in the Nightwing series that I missed? Serious question.

Also; I believe Clownhunter is gay. Anton, no idea.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Again; did I miss something? Tom Taylor do something in the Nightwing series that I missed? Serious question.

Also; I believe Clownhunter is gay. Anton, no idea.
    Taylor not to my knowledge. But then I've never seen the "coding" assigned to Dick.

Anton is gay. Anton maybe Ghosthunter... the guy from the images above.