Page 165 of 193 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 2895
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I got Damian in DC Legends
    His scenario seems to be based on Batman and Son, Son of Batman, and Tomasi Batman and Robin as he rebels and ran away from Bruce
    The mini bosses are the Robins
    First was Nightwing
    Then Red Hood
    Haven't moved further but I'm guessing the next one is Red Robin
    Spoiler was a new character introduced just last year so I don't think she will be included in the gauntlet
    In between, Batman showed up for the lesson
    His moves are hand to hand, stealth, and a combo of katana and wakizashi that increase in damage if you get him to stealth first
    His gears include Talia's pommel and Jason Todd's robin mask. Is this the one he stole from the case in Batman and Son?

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    That and even in BvsR #1 Bruce seemed more annyoned and angry at Damian than worried about him. Like...dude, your child is clearly being possessed, stop trying to intimidate him into submission?
    You don't even seem to like him?
    Why am I supposed to care about Bruce trying to "rescue the enemy" as Bruce put it when Bruce is acting like such a dick for no reason. What happened between Shadow War/Robin #15 and this story to make him think of Damian like that?
    I mean as we were told in Tec. Bruce might love Damian but he doesn't like him.

An odd choice for a parent. I know parents have favourites but to admit that you don't like your kid it such a major fail.

Bruce has so many kids yet he is the worst father in the DCU. At least folks like Slade Wilson aren't abusing kids under the guise of hero.

Although I feel that with Damian, Bruce's selfish behaviour and lack of care is different from his usual lack of care with the rest.

I feel that with Damian, Bruce treats him the way he does because Damian is very much like Bruce. He is a mirror.

Going by Tomasi's B&R, TT by Glass, the things that we see Bruce get upset and complain about Damian are the Bruce Wayne personality traits and Bruce Wayne methods.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I got Damian in DC Legends
    His scenario seems to be based on Batman and Son, Son of Batman, and Tomasi Batman and Robin as he rebels and ran away from Bruce
    The mini bosses are the Robins
    First was Nightwing
    Then Red Hood
    Haven't moved further but I'm guessing the next one is Red Robin
    Spoiler was a new character introduced just last year so I don't think she will be included in the gauntlet
    In between, Batman showed up for the lesson
    His moves are hand to hand, stealth, and a combo of katana and wakizashi that increase in damage if you get him to stealth first
    His gears include Talia's pommel and Jason Todd's robin mask. Is this the one he stole from the case in Batman and Son?
    Might be. Damian's 1st official outing as Robin he was outfitted in jason's costume by Alfred and sent to save Tim Drake.

Then Later Dick Grayson designed Damian his own costume with the hood according to Secret files [though Batman and Robin implies that Damian's 1st costume was a surprise to dick since he didn't know about the hood.

I like the story about Dick being the one who designed Damian's suit more than Damian doing it himself.

Quote Originally Posted by OOPS View Post
    Actually, know that I think on it, I remember why I class Dick as pansexual due to his relationship with Starfire. Morrison wrote that Hal was pansexual as Hal flirted/more with the female alien nurse. Starfire is just as alien. As I understand it, Morrison self identifies as LGBTQIA+.
    Anyone catch Morrison on Seth Meyer's show? Were they admitting to enjoying dressing up in Drag? So many hidden talents

I saw the interview where he said Hal was Pan. Most fans didn't like that. I wonder why fans who have zero qualms about Hal sleeping with aliens and non humans take issue with labels and same sex couples?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Anyone catch Morrison on Seth Meyer's show? Were they admitting to enjoying dressing up in Drag? So many hidden talents

I saw the interview where he said Hal was Pan. Most fans didn't like that. I wonder why fans who have zero qualms about Hal sleeping with aliens and non humans take issue with labels and same sex couples?
    I suspect if EVERY character had to have a romantic relationship with an alien, those fans just might get tired of that storyline too.

I wonder why certain fans have an issue with possibility a character might heterosexual.

I suspect if EVERY character had to have a romantic relationship with an alien, those fans just might get tired of that storyline too.

I wonder why certain fans have an issue with possibility a character might heterosexual.
    Strange times. As a gay man it's like being transported to another world. It's bizarre. I feel more seen and it does feel like the world is more accepting and it is but yet......

It's sad that as we become more accepting we are also becoming more hostile and discriminatory.

Just because the marginalised now have the voice does it mean they should use it to curse out the old regime?
    Standing up for LGBtq+ rights doesn't mean cis hetero rights get revoked.

I don't think that those who are pushing the possibility of Damian being LGBTQ+ are against hetero's as such. I myself for a long time hc Damian as Asexual [blame Batman666 Adult Damian living a peaceful life with his cats] but the animated movieverse did such a good job with him and Raven that it opened my mind to Damian in a relationship with another.

For some it's wishful thinking
    For some it's a chance to make the Batverse as reflective of the world as possible. Hetero has always been seen as the majority We believed that most people were hetreo but is that true?

Morrison was always different but there was never a word for what they were. They were counted as Straight and male because there was no such thing as non binary.

My older sister as long as I can recall liked to dress as a boy, pretend she was a boy and insisted that we call her by a boys name. She 'grew out of it' as far as we can tell but did she or is she living her life as a mum and wife because that is what she has been for over 16 years now
    [before trans people became more recognised]

Sadly for some sheepeople who desperately want to appear progressive it's all about rejecting hetero normative agenda or some some BS like that.

Just think in something similar to the Whitewashing thing.. Some people takes What They Think about someone or something too seriously. Like if these things affected them or they live from that.

Damian appears in Wayne adventures with Dark skin and now.. Damian having white skin IS LIKE A CRIME for some people. But what about his chinese roots? That is not important?

I am not saying that he should be Superwhite but... Some people wants him having a similar skin color to Duke.. That is even darker than Talia and Ra´s now. Like if they believe that they are fighting against Whitewashing and in make possible ONLY WHAT THEY WANT without care about the rest..
    Being very extreme with one idea is a bad thing. The best is always a midpoint(not too white but neither too dark) where you can even put others(that you think that are not with you) think the same. This is not a competition. But some people apparently sees it like this and those who are not with you are against you.

My opinion? I think that perhaps his best skin color was in Percy Run.. I am agree that sometimes he looks like one kid that never saw the sunlight(too pale)
    TT.jpg

Sometimes it makes me want to have Damian as one Kid again.. Perhaps he would not be the target of people that only wants to create controversy.
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-30-2022 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Just think in something similar to the Whitewashing thing.. Some people takes What They Think about someone or something too seriously. Like if these things affected them or they live from that.

Damian appears in Wayne adventures with Dark skin and now.. Damian having white skin IS LIKE A CRIME for some people. But what about his chinese roots? That is not important?

I am not saying that he should be Superwhite but... Some people wants him having a similar skin color to Duke.. That is even darker than Talia and Ra´s now. Like if they believe that they are fighting against Whitewashing and in make possible ONLY WHAT THEY WANT without care about the rest..
    Being very extreme with one idea is a bad thing. The best is always a midpoint(not too white but neither too dark) where you can even put others(that you think that are not with you) think the same. This is not a competition. But some people apparently sees it like this and those who are not with you are against you.

My opinion? I think that perhaps his best skin color was in Percy Run.. I am agree that sometimes he looks like one kid that never saw the sunlight(too pale)
    TT.jpg

Sometimes it makes me want to have Damian as one Kid again.. Perhaps he would not be the target of people that only wants to create controversy.
    The one that bugs me is when people get mad at fan castings insisting that Damian should be played by an Arabian actor. Insisting that it's whitewashing him to use a white actor.

None of these people ever suggest an Asian actor or consider that Damian is half Caucasian and less than a quarter Middle Eastern.

these people don't care about accurate representation. if they did then we should wait until a Caucasian, Middle Eastern, Chinese actor becomes available.

You are right. Taking it to extremes isn't best. The character is mixed. I don't mind him being more tanned with Asian features. I also can't complain if he looks like a white kid since in canon he is supposed to look like Bruce and lets face it people from the Middle East are classed as Caucasians.

Spectacular Member

You are right. Taking it to extremes isn't best. The character is mixed. I don't mind him being more tanned with Asian features. I also can't complain if he looks like a white kid since in canon he is supposed to look like Bruce and lets face it people from the Middle East are classed as Caucasians.
    Agreed with this. I get irritated at the people who insist that the only way to portray Damian is with darker skin than Duke. Like, he’s half-caucasian, that should mean that his skin is lighter or tanned to some degree.

Of course I’m of the opinion that we should portray characters as they were originally drawn/written as, but that’s just mine and if others have a different opinion, more power too them. Even if we disagree.

And the point about middle-eastern people being classes as white is so true, a few middle-eastern kids that go to my school look almost Caucasian! The only difference is their names and hair.

Anyways, I was disappointed in both Damian’s and Bruce’s portrayal in BvR 1. I wish they’d just give Damian a new identity (to make Tim fans stop complaining) and then give Damian a new solo.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostCryptid13 View Post

Anyways, I was disappointed in both Damian’s and Bruce’s portrayal in BvR 1. I wish they’d just give Damian a new identity (to make Tim fans stop complaining) and then give Damian a new solo.
    They would complain too if Damian obtains a New Identity and this identity works saying that TIM DESERVED that Identity.

When you see Tim fans celebrating that Robin(2021) ended and laughing because he did not reached the 20 issues you see that without matter how many years pass you can not trust in them when is Damian related.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostCryptid13 View Post
    Agreed with this. I get irritated at the people who insist that the only way to portray Damian is with darker skin than Duke. Like, he’s half-caucasian, that should mean that his skin is lighter or tanned to some degree.

Of course I’m of the opinion that we should portray characters as they were originally drawn/written as, but that’s just mine and if others have a different opinion, more power too them. Even if we disagree. .
    I see fanarts with Damian like that and I feel that I am watching another character... They take too far the HE SHOULD HAVE DARK SKIN(making him the darkest possible) without matter his roots. Only taking that he is in part arabic.
    But in part is WAYNE ADVENTURES FAULT.. Before that I can not remember people that obsessed in make him the darkest possible in fanarts.

The one that bugs me is when people get mad at fan castings insisting that Damian should be played by an Arabian actor. Insisting that it's whitewashing him to use a white actor.

None of these people ever suggest an Asian actor or consider that Damian is half Caucasian and less than a quarter Middle Eastern.

these people don't care about accurate representation. if they did then we should wait until a Caucasian, Middle Eastern, Chinese actor becomes available.

Is something sad.. Fans fighting because one character has not "the correct skin color" that SOME PEOPLE thinks that is the "correct one".
    Sometimes I wonder if they see the character in comics or not. Because imagine a group of people angry(not enjoying his adventures) because his skin color... It makes me wonder why they lose the time with the character if they can not enjoy him.

I must admitt that I would have certain interest in a Chinese actor as Damian. When I saw Ra´s for first time I thought that he was a Chinese Villain. That see his grandson in a Film with a Chinese teenager taking his role would make sense for me.
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-02-2022 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    They would complain too if Damian obtains a New Identity and this identity works saying that TIM DESERVED that Identity.

When you see Tim fans celebrating that Robin(2021) ended and laughing because he did not reached the 20 issues you see that without matter how many years pass you can not trust in them when is Damian related.

I see fanarts with Damian like that and I feel that I am watching another character... They take too far the HE SHOULD HAVE DARK SKIN(making him the darkest possible) without matter his roots. Only taking that he is in part arabic.
    But in part is WAYNE ADVENTURES FAULT.. Before that I can not remember people that obsessed in make him the darkest possible in fanarts.

Is something sad.. Fans fighting because one character has not "the correct skin color" that SOME PEOPLE thinks that is the "correct one".
    Sometimes I wonder if they see the character in comics or not. Because imagine a group of people angry(not enjoying his adventures) because his skin color... It makes me wonder why they lose the time with the character if they can not enjoy him.

I must admitt that I would have certain interest in a Chinese actor as Damian. When I saw Ra´s for first time I thought that he was a Chinese Villain. That see his grandson in a Film with a Chinese teenager taking his role would make sense for me.
    Majority of people on social media don't read comics so they don't know the source. I suppose I can understand how people might get territorial when it comes to representation.

Damian is a character that's been claimed by multiple groups. They all advocate for specific ethnic attributes to be highlighted.

Moreover, there's a ton of White heroes, a lot of Chinese heroes and a few Arabian heroes / the Robins are all white with dark hair so I guess that's why fans are very vocal that he be darker.

Majority of people on social media don't read comics so they don't know the source. I suppose I can understand how people might get territorial when it comes to representation.

Damian is a character that's been claimed by multiple groups. They all advocate for specific ethnic attributes to be highlighted.

Moreover, there's a ton of White heroes, a lot of Chinese heroes and a few Arabian heroes / the Robins are all white with dark hair so I guess that's why fans are very vocal that he be darker.
    How complicated

I am not against him with Darker skin but... Something like what I showed above.
    See one Damian as dark as Duke would be weird and sadly those in favour of that would use Wayne Adventures as excuse to say that I am wrong and Damian should be like that.

Anyway. Fortunately I do not like involve in discussions about some things too much because some people SHOW THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR THEN listen you. Like Shanks fans these days.. You are with them or against them.
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-03-2022 at 04:40 AM.

Edited at Adrikito's request.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 10-04-2022 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    For someone who doesn't like to get too involved in such discussions you sure bring up those topics quite a lot though.
    I was now thinking in erase part of the comment.. These days I hate that fanbase because they are not only too arrogant that are even bothering the other character fans and I was unable to resist it.

Now please. Erase the quote. Or I erased that for nothing.
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-03-2022 at 06:18 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

When Batman vs Robin 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Rewind, and freeze! Did I miss something with those characters, or is this all head canon?
    Yes.
    Vixen was in Eat, Bang Kill which isn't Earth-0.
    Not sure why Joker is on that list.
    Who's Connor and Jay?
    Wallace and Roundhouse is definitely head cannon.

There was a Future State Batgirls?
    "Cable was right!"