Page 28 of 193 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Yeah, he got the opportunity to grow up...and now he's just like everyone else. Not every "opportunity" helps a character.
    You wanted him to be like them
    01CEBECA-6E5D-4757-96EF-38F7A3C4E9E5.jpg
    12-17 or the batgirls It took over 50 years for Gar beastboy to be an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    You wanted him to be like them
    01CEBECA-6E5D-4757-96EF-38F7A3C4E9E5.jpg
    12-17 or the batgirls It took over 50 years for Gar beastboy to be an adult.
    No, you want him to be like them. Instead of being 10-12, an age range barely represented by DC, he's now just like them. Yet another teenage/young adult hero. Because there are so few of them.
    And the worst part is, actually, Jon didn't even get the opportunity to grow up. Everything that would have been cool about seeing Jon actually grow up was skipped.

No, you want him to be like them. Instead of being 10-12, an age range barely represented by DC, he's now just like them. Yet another teenage/young adult hero. Because there are so few of them.
    And the worst part is, actually, Jon didn't even get the opportunity to grow up. Everything that would have been cool about seeing Jon actually grow up was skipped.
    ^This^

They're doing it great with Damian. I love the journey we've experienced with him, from 10 to 14. I'm really looking forward to his continued growth.

But they really dropped the ball with Jon, and I'm not a fan of the way the rest of his "generation" has been handled either. Really I'm kinda glad Damian has somehow managed to avoid being caught up with them. Because their idea of making Jon more marketable and popular was to just make him almost completely indistinguishable from Clark. Aside from the boyfriend, he's not really doing anything that Clark wouldn't do or hasn't done before. He's even a fucking reporter now. DC doesn't care about making Jon his own person. They just want a young Superman to headline their new generation.

Even if it was slow. Even if it meant he wouldn't get as much exposure as he is now, I would have LOVED to see Jon, Yara, and Jackson being given the YJ or TT treatment. Even if it meant aging Jon up a little more to like 13-14 instead of 17-18.
    Last edited by Blue22; 02-15-2022 at 07:34 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Jon not like them at all. He’s not stuck without use or direction. Their perma-teens.

Jon not like them at all. He’s not stuck without use or direction. Their perma-teens.
    He's Clark-lite.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    He's Clark-lite.
    And he'll be just as useless and without direction as the YJ generation as soon as DC does what they always do and Clark returns as the main Superman for earth.

Extraordinary Member

And he'll be just as useless and without direction as the YJ generation as soon as DC does what they always do and Clark returns as the main Superman for earth.

Everyone keeps saying that. And based on past history with Dick and Wally I suppose I can see why. But I don’t think Jon or Jackson will be loosing their mantles.

Everyone keeps saying that. And based on past history with Dick and Wally I suppose I can see why. But I don’t think Jon or Jackson will be loosing their mantles.
    Jon as Superman was always meant to be a temporary thing, especially when Clark will always be there. He will return to his rightful place as Superboy (and as a kid) most likely post-Dark Crisis.

Wally West was Flash for 20 years. And with the snap of the finger, he wasn't again until recently.

Unlikely that Jon is going to return to being a kid anytime soon.

I have to hand it to those of you holding onto hope. You guys either know something the rest of us don't or you are the most optimistic bunch around.
    Last edited by Fergus; 02-15-2022 at 03:23 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Wally West was Flash for 20 years. And with the snap of the finger, he wasn't again until recently.
    Wally wasnt the son of Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Jon as Superman was always meant to be a temporary thing, especially when Clark will always be there. He will return to his rightful place as Superboy (and as a kid) most likely post-Dark Crisis.
    not impossible, I'm sure it be perfect if the dial brought him down to 14 huh. But I doubt it, and that's because of Jay, which is probably why he is so disliked. Superman coming back means jJon gets to be superman without the pressure, he can try the college thing again, live a little more mundane, make some friends, flesh out jay and on the side he fight crime, smallville season 5 style. So he maybe superboy in all but name, but big jon is likely here to stay. Which unfortunately doesn't bode well for Connor.

But I guess we will all see

Anyway, Is anyone curious about Damians role in Dark crisis, considering shadow war and the role Deathroke is gonna have

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Adult Jon is quite successful though. I get why a lot are disappointed with the quickness of the age up but we have to admit that aged up Jon is selling and the introduction of an LGBT Superman is historic

Wally wasnt the son of Barry.

not impossible, I'm sure it be perfect if the dial brought him down to 14 huh. But I doubt it, and that's because of Jay, which is probably why he is so disliked. Superman coming back means jJon gets to be superman without the pressure, he can try the college thing again, live a little more mundane, make some friends, flesh out jay and on the side he fight crime, smallville season 5 style. So he maybe superboy in all but name, but big jon is likely here to stay. Which unfortunately doesn't bode well for Connor.

But I guess we will all see

Anyway, Is anyone curious about Damians role in Dark crisis, considering shadow war and the role Deathroke is gonna have
    I hope Damian gets a decent role in Dark crisis. Williamson is writing, it's about legacy and Shadow Wars leads into it.

However I think Dick Grayson and Jace are the batfamily characters that will have notable roles. Damian is too young so he's not going to be part of the new JL.

The event seems to be centred around the 5G JL and Dick.

I'm not expecting Damian to be a part of this if i'm being honest.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Dark Crisis #1 2 page spread

Is Damian giving Crush a look or is this the artist's way of telling us which Robin it is since he seems to be standing with Conner and Cassie while Tim is distanced and off to the corner

Dark Crisis Main cover by Daniel Sampere

In that first spread the artist initially had Tim in his Drake costume. A poster on Redditt posted the initial picture before Dc altered it to show Tim in his Robin outfit.

That is likely why Damian is looking this way.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I hope Damian gets a decent role in Dark crisis. Williamson is writing, it's about legacy and Shadow Wars leads into it.

However I think Dick Grayson and Jace are the batfamily characters that will have notable roles. Damian is too young so he's not going to be part of the new JL.

The event seems to be centred around the 5G JL and Dick.

I'm not expecting Damian to be a part of this if i'm being honest.
    Agree with all this. I don't expect Damian to have a big role. it's a DcU/JL cosmic event. What exactly is Damian going to bring to the table?

Jace seems to be the Bat most likely to be heavily involved. Nightwing as well [judging from the cover art]