Page 3 of 193 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Well guys and gals, just read Batman Issue 119.

And....

spoilers:
    Maps makes a return appearance, and suits up with own her Robin costume. Finally! Now it's the waiting game for her and Damian to meet
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Is it just me or was Damian written quite out of character in today's Superman son of kal-el issue?

His support was great, that's not the issue. Just the entire interaction and the way he was written were a bit off.
    Dropped the book so I didn't read the whole issue but I did see the page where he congratulates Jon on the new boyfriend and...yeah, it felt off to me too. A little too informal for Damian. He kinda sounded more like Tim.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Dropped the book so I didn't read the whole issue but I did see the page where he congratulates Jon on the new boyfriend and...yeah, it felt off to me too. A little too informal for Damian. He kinda sounded more like Tim.
    Wasn't Tim the one supposed to be there, I know there some talk it was going to be Tim.
    Which is if it is true, then Tim congratulating Jon would have made no sense since the two hardly knew each other.

So I think it's Tim's line with Damian saying it.

Astonishing Member

It was Tim, but for some reason they changed it to Damian. I thought it was Timms mistake, but Damian really sounds like Tim here, not to mention, that he's currently at Lazarus Island and he can't be in Metropolis.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    Wasn't Tim the one supposed to be there, I know there some talk it was going to be Tim.
    Which is if it is true, then Tim congratulating Jon would have made no sense since the two hardly knew each other.

It was definitely supposed to be Damian there, no doubt. He was just written almost Nightwing-ly friendly and called Jon "man".

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Is it just me or was Damian written quite out of character in today's Superman son of kal-el issue?

His support was great, that's not the issue. Just the entire interaction and the way he was written were a bit off.
    I mean I just chalk it up that Damian may act a bit more chill around Jon then anyone else. It is his best friend after all.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

So was Damian there for some reason or just to congratulate Jon?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    So was Damian there for some reason or just to congratulate Jon?
    He just so happened to breaking into Starlabs to help Jon gather evidence at the exact same time as Jay and Lois, Jon was waiting outside no idea his best friend and his mom had broken in as well. The congrats came after they all met outside
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Well guys and gals, just read Batman Issue 119.

And....

spoilers:
    Maps makes a return appearance, and suits up with own her Robin costume. Finally! Now it's the waiting game for her and Damian to meet
    end of spoilers
    Maps backups I doubt are canon. I don't know what DC and Bruce are doing but it's about time someone called child services on Bruce Wayne.

Hopefully They keep Damian as far away from maps as possible.

What is Dc doing? Why is Maps Ronin? Why are they going out of their way to dilute their own brands?

Currently we have Damian, Dick, Tim and Maps as Robins. there's 3 titles on the market with Robin and there's multiple outside media projects with various Robins. Why can't Damian just be Robin alone like Dick, Jason, Tim and Steph before him?

Maps as Robin is a very stupid idea. As bad a there being a Robin before dick grayson. Why is maps Robin? What possible reason is there to have another Robin when Bruce has 2 Robins and doesn't know where his son, the last Robin is

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    It was Tim, but for some reason they changed it to Damian. I thought it was Timms mistake, but Damian really sounds like Tim here, not to mention, that he's currently at Lazarus Island and he can't be in Metropolis.
    So Damian and Tim are now interchangeable. Jeez

how can they make such a mistake. BC promised us 3 bi-sexual heroes in Son of Kal El Hope they still deliver.

Does anyone know when Jackson's guest spot is coming up?

How did Damian find out about Jon and jay? I know he set their meeting up since Damian was the one who hooked up Jay and jon initially. but that was in the professional sense not romance so how did Damian find out they were Dating? Did Jon tell him?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Maps backups I doubt are canon. I don't know what DC and Bruce are doing but it's about time someone called child services on Bruce Wayne.

Hopefully They keep Damian as far away from maps as possible.

What is Dc doing? Why is Maps Ronin? Why are they going out of their way to dilute their own brands?

Currently we have Damian, Dick, Tim and Maps as Robins. there's 3 titles on the market with Robin and there's multiple outside media projects with various Robins. Why can't Damian just be Robin alone like Dick, Jason, Tim and Steph before him?

Maps as Robin is a very stupid idea. As bad a there being a Robin before dick grayson. Why is maps Robin? What possible reason is there to have another Robin when Bruce has 2 Robins and doesn't know where his son, the last Robin is
    To be fair, in the issue Maps literally just wore a Robin costume and decided to investigate on a missing person's case, Bruce didn't recruit her. Maps isn't an official Robin just like those kids during Robin War.

And Maps is a fan favorite ever since she hand holded Damian in Gotham Academy Issue 7, Maps being Robin is like...wouldn't say Steph, but that old female Robin back in the bronze or silver age, Mary Wills was it? A young girl who's a pesky girl in vigilante business.

I mean Maps did get set-up from Damian giving her a Batarang, that one time during Robin War, meeting with Tim Drake, and wearing a Robin Mask in the finale of Gotham Academy. Maps is a growing character because Damian got her there, albeit it was pure ship material, still it got Maps popular enough for some people wanting her to be Robin, not an official sense but more in wanting her to wear a Robin costume, and go out crime solving.

Honestly, Maps is one of the people that is in Damian's supporting cast, so I wouldn't mind her and Damian to meet again. Albeit, I want her to figure out Damian and Robin are the same people, that's a good mystery for her to solve.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    How did Damian find out about Jon and jay? I know he set their meeting up since Damian was the one who hooked up Jay and jon initially. but that was in the professional sense not romance so how did Damian find out they were Dating? Did Jon tell him?
    I think the implication is that Damian just kind of pieced it together by looking at Jon when they were looking over security footage
    Words to live by.

To be fair, in the issue Maps literally just wore a Robin costume and decided to investigate on a missing person's case, Bruce didn't recruit her. Maps isn't an official Robin just like those kids during Robin War.

And Maps is a fan favorite ever since she hand holded Damian in Gotham Academy Issue 7, Maps being Robin is like...wouldn't say Steph, but that old female Robin back in the bronze or silver age, Mary Wills was it? A young girl who's a pesky girl in vigilante business.

I mean Maps did get set-up from Damian giving her a Batarang, that one time during Robin War, meeting with Tim Drake, and wearing a Robin Mask in the finale of Gotham Academy. Maps is a growing character because Damian got her there, albeit it was pure ship material, still it got Maps popular enough for some people wanting her to be Robin, not an official sense but more in wanting her to wear a Robin costume, and go out crime solving.

Honestly, Maps is one of the people that is in Damian's supporting cast, so I wouldn't mind her and Damian to meet again. Albeit, I want her to figure out Damian and Robin are the same people, that's a good mystery for her to solve.
    Thanks for clarifying. I thought Bruce has taken up another robin.

Maps and Damian while cute i don't like Robin Maps. Poor Dick Grayson's legacy is getting bastardised.

I'm not keen on maps suiting up. Does she even know anything about the origin of Robin and the Founder?

Duke at least Knew and respected the OG Robin So him donning the Colours came from a place of Respect. Maps is simply cosplaying a legacy socked in blood without knowing anything about the legacy or the people who have died to carry the tradition. A little girl playing pretend.

That's all Maps as Robin should only ever be.

I don't think Maps is part of damian's supporting cast since she has never featured in any Damian Stories. She isn't a part of Damian's world and never has been.

Damian had a guest spot in her comic. He briefly entered her world but she has never entered his world.

maps is as much Damian's supporting character as she is Tim's. actually she had more adventures and was more a part of tim's world.

Colin, Maya, Suren those were part of Damian's supporting cast. Little nell from Batgirl. Those are the characters that I would like to see return. His siblings and pets. Damian feels so removed from the batfamily right now.

That Christmas issue without him hurt. Christmas without the
    youngest feels off. They are the ones who truly care about the holiday.
    Last edited by Fergus; 01-04-2022 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I think the implication is that Damian just kind of pieced it together by looking at Jon when they were looking over security footage
    Just saw scans of the page with Damian in Son of Kal El 6. Damian is a shipper then or at least a Romantic with all the grinning he was doing.