Page 4 of 193 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Sadly Damian and dick aren't as close as they used to be.

While I love the new Direction Williamson is taking Damian it seems to have come at the cost of his connections.

I enjoy Connor, Rose and Flatline but Damian had other friends and advisers before.

I also don't like how much Williamson is whitewashing alfred and his relationship with Damian.

The Old goat sent Damian away to benefit Bruce and is the reason Damian's latest case of PTSD occurred.

He doesn't care about the Batkids and has always placed Bruce's welfare and welbeing high above theirs.

I don't like that DC is trying to just handwave his part in all of this.

Are we forgetting the conversation he had with Damian during TT? The Gaslighting was intense. Alfred wasn't a good man/person.
    Why do you guys make statements like this? How do you know that. Damian is older and doesn’t need support and standby supervision as much doesn’t mean he isn’t as close with dick? Nothing has ever implied the deterioration or weakening of their relationship. Dick didn’t even get mad like he should when Damian killed wally for a second. They are good

What is Dc doing? Why is Maps Ronin? Why are they going out of their way to dilute their own brands?
    I get the impression that with Didio gone editors are now more open to the ideas of creative teams. Williamson probably likes her and thats why she is doing what she is doing.

Long term yeah, it is probably going to damage the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean I just chalk it up that Damian may act a bit more chill around Jon then anyone else. It is his best friend after all.
    I don't think Damian is completely "chill" around anyone, but not every writer captures his voice all that well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Why do you guys make statements like this? How do you know that. Damian is older and doesn’t need support and standby supervision as much doesn’t mean he isn’t as close with dick? Nothing has ever implied the deterioration or weakening of their relationship. Dick didn’t even get mad like he should when Damian killed wally for a second. They are good
    Damian doesn't need dick's supervision. That has nothing to do with closeness.
    Before damian ran off Dick had forgotten every encounter they had. That affected their relationship. The little chase and gift exchange doesn't mean that they are back as close as they were.

The fact that Dick has a pet and his brother who has a zoo doesn't know about it tells me that they are on the phone ever night.

Why would Dick get angry with Damian for stopping Wally's heart? Dick stood by and watched as their father taught 10 year old Damian that trick. That like saying Dick didn't get angry when Damian had a secret Jail.

Those are all part of the Batman play book they all learned from.

Dick would have been a hypocrite if he had gotten angry at Damian stopping Wally's heart.

#Damian doesn't need supervision and Damian doesn't know his older bro has a new pet.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean I just chalk it up that Damian may act a bit more chill around Jon then anyone else. It is his best friend after all.
    I don't think Damian is that chill around Jon. We know for a fact he isn't as we saw in the Supersons issue when Jon learnt to fly.

Damian doesn't need dick's supervision. That has nothing to do with closeness.
    Before damian ran off Dick had forgotten every encounter they had. That affected their relationship. The little chase and gift exchange doesn't mean that they are back as close as they were.

The fact that Dick has a pet and his brother who has a zoo doesn't know about it tells me that they are on the phone ever night.

Why would Dick get angry with Damian for stopping Wally's heart? Dick stood by and watched as their father taught 10 year old Damian that trick. That like saying Dick didn't get angry when Damian had a secret Jail.

Those are all part of the Batman play book they all learned from.

Dick would have been a hypocrite if he had gotten angry at Damian stopping Wally's heart.

#Damian doesn't need supervision and Damian doesn't know his older bro has a new pet.
    Did Damian actually learn that from Batman? It doesn't seem like something Batman would actually teach that to someone unless to tell them what they shouldn't do.

The Wally thing was just a bad moment.

It's going to be 3 months and affects 2 issues of Robin.

3 months sounds like a long time and it's going to be tough going two months without the Robin solo dealing with it's regular cast.
    lol.. I did not thought in that.. and if this place is right it will affect 3 ROBIN Issues(12,13 and 14)

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/batman...war-crossover/

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    Well guys and gals, just read Batman Issue 119.

And....

spoilers:
    Maps makes a return appearance, and suits up with own her Robin costume. Finally! Now it's the waiting game for her and Damian to meet
    end of spoilers
    I saw that story with her interesting.. Good return.
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-04-2022 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Is it just me or was Damian written quite out of character in today's Superman son of kal-el issue?

His support was great, that's not the issue. Just the entire interaction and the way he was written were a bit off.
    I saw someone saying that is CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT.. ahahahahaa. What a joke

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I saw someone saying that is CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT.. ahahahahaa. What a joke
    I've mostly heard people say that while comparing it to that one gay joke he made YEARS ago. As if he has a habit of saying things like that. It's the equivalent of holding the whole "Retodd" thing against Donna Troy.

Incredible Member

Yeah not a fan of Taylors Damian. I thought he sounded in character when he initially meets Jay but that's about it. Damian is a character alot of writers have trouble with. I could never imagine Damian saying "I`m happy for you man". Even if he has developed as a character, I highly doubt that's how he would phrase it.

Which is funny because Taylor has written a very good Damian before. But, meh. It's whatever. I don't wanna nitpick too much over one page. Lord knows the rest of that series gives me enough to nitpick over. Damian knows about Jay now. They acknowledged it, they're cool, Damian served his purpose in this and now he can back to his better book lol

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

It was supposed to be Tim in SoKE 6

This is the unlettered and uncoloured page

The buildings behind Tim and his pose are the same as damian's

Incredible Member

That makes sense. I get the feeling Tim is Taylors favorite Robin.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    It was supposed to be Tim in SoKE 6

This is the unlettered and uncoloured page
    There is the theory that Tim in the uncolored page was a mistake from the artist.

Honestly, even if Damiam sounds unnatural, it has even less sense that Tim is the character who speaks with Jon in this scene.

This is a scene for close friends.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    That makes sense. I get the feeling Tim is Taylors favorite Robin.
    How do you could conclude that Tim is Taylor's favorite Robin?

Tim is ignored in almost all Taylor stories.